Ngannou ducked Oleynik

under_t

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
http://mmaboxing.ru/news/news-mma/A...ti-na-zamenu-Dzhunioru-dos-Santosa-31563.html
(by google translation)

The famous heavyweight fighter Aleksey Oleinik is ready to replace the retired Junior dos Santos and on short notice to go out to fight against Francis Ngannu.

"I was offered a fight with Ngan," Oleynik said on his channel in Youtube. "He has a rival now, this is Junior Dos Santos, and I was offered this fight yesterday. They called, offered, I said I was ready. I thought for a minute and a half, and said I was ready. I was told that we will try to organize all this now, but Ngannu categorically demands that it be someone from the TOP-5, because he has champion ambitions, and he understands that he will not advance with Olejnik anyway. He will win, or lose, he will not advance. At this point, I do not yet have a response to a fight with Ngannu. Yes, I know that he is very strong, but I already said that my rival, whom I was appointed to, Curtis Blades, is no less strong. He fought already with Ngannu, this is the only defeat that he has and he lost only because of the fact, That his eyes were swollen and the doctor took him off the fight. The first round he lost, the second already won. By this time, Ngannu had already died, and Curtis Blades could really win, with whom I fight two and a half months later "

Recall, Junior dos Santos received a standard notice from USADA about a possible anti-doping rule violation. Brazilian forced to miss the tournament UFC 215, which will be held on 9 September.
Looks like he doesn't to want to exposed in the ground.

what exactly has Ngannou to gain with this matchup? it will not raise his stock and Oleynik is actually a dangerous opponent.

lose lose situation for Ngannnou, yes i wish he would take the matchup if nobody else wants to fight but i understand his refusal.

"The first round he lost, the second already won. By this time, Ngannu had already died"

So Curtis killed Ngannou? Why he isn't in jail then?

Yeah that's not ducking, he wants a top guy so he can still ask for a title shot if he wins.

Problem is, he's not likely to get a top 5 guy to agree to fight him on short notice, you're only going to get guys like Oleynik with nothing to lose.

Maybe a great compromise would be a guy like Hunt, who isn't top 5 but has a big enough name it can still propel Ngannou forward.

, Curtis Blades, is no less strong. He fought already with Ngannu, this is the only defeat that he has and he lost only because of the fact, That his eyes were swollen and the doctor took him off the fight. The first round he lost, the second already won. By this time, Ngannu had already died, and Curtis Blades could really win, with whom I fight two and a half months later "

Ummm.... wuttttttttttttt

The only time to hespect a duck is when they want a higher ranked opponent.

I don't see a reason to crucify Francis here.

lose lose situation for Ngannnou?
Don't think so. UFC most likely give him title shot if he beat Oleynik.

Ngannou probably looking over his options now I mean JDS just pulled out I expect a replacement very soon

as far as i remember, ngannou won both rounds against blaydes

Oleynik has no name, no ranking, and if you hit the floor with him he can submit you while you are mounted on top of him. Wise/ very obvious move by Ngannou. Fighting him would be a stupid business decision. It's not like anyone wants to see that fight anyway.
EDIT: As a replacement fight, Ngannou should take whatever fight he can get. Wtf? He better stop complaining then.

reem can't take the fight, he needs 8-9 weeks of preparation (although he took first hunt fight with 3 days advice and won in 70 seconds).
Can not ufc sign minakov for this fight? <13>

Oliynk vs Ngannou is good if no1 else accepts... he did just beat Travis Browne n on a streak so he's dangerous right now

, Curtis Blades, is no less strong. He fought already with Ngannu, this is the only defeat that he has and he lost only because of the fact, That his eyes were swollen and the doctor took him off the fight. The first round he lost, the second already won. By this time, Ngannu had already died, and Curtis Blades could really win, with whom I fight two and a half months later "

Ummm.... wuttttttttttttt
in this case, he meant "was exhausted".

Well what if he can't find another opponent? Does he think a win over Oly would set him back or accomplish nothing? A win is a win and he stands to get paid with PPV exposure.

Or maybe he thinks he can lose and that would be devastating, maybe he will recieve a lesser opponent

Wow he's terrified to fight a guy who used to fight at middleweight and got completely owned by Chael P Sonnen.

My favorite part of this (seemingly google-translated) interview:

" By this time, Ngannu had already died, and Curtis Blades could really win, with whom I fight two and a half months later"

Just take it to keep momentum and get paid. Reem's calculated, likely won't accept. It's better to be seen than having a layoff when gaining hype.

Undead Ngannou should fight Corpse Shell BJ at openweight.

I don't get why some people think that Blaydes was going to take over the fight in the third round. Dude was getting his shit pushed in thorough the whole fight, and when he finally managed to get Ngannou down in the second, he couldn't keep him there.

Back