Ngannou ducked Oleynik

Have to give Oleynik props for being a badass. Dude has that old school mentality of being ready to fight anyone.

Yeah, he can want a top 5 replacement all he wants, but that's not how it works.

Top 5 opponents don't volunteer themselves on short notice, unless it's something special - a 2nd shot at the title, a card in their hometown, or something like that.

Have to give Oleynik props for being a badass. Dude has that old school mentality of being ready to fight anyone.

Is that pre USADA Volkan in your avatar?

He gained a nice muffin top since then.

what exactly has Ngannou to gain with this matchup? it will not raise his stock and Oleynik is actually a dangerous opponent.

lose lose situation for Ngannnou, yes i wish he would take the matchup if nobody else wants to fight but i understand his refusal.
What did Francis have to gain from fighting JDS who just got KOed?

Duck.jpg

How the fuck can you not want to fight Alexey who just subbed Browne (first guy to ever do that) but is happy to fight JDS who just got KOed. Yeah that's what I call chicken shit.

what exactly has Ngannou to gain with this matchup? .

Ahhh... an easy win?

He needs to fight someone. Werdum has a fight coming, Hunt and Lewish too, Cain is injured. Reem will probably want to fight Stipe.

I understand that it's all risk and no reward for Ngannou, against an actually dangerous opponent.

However, I REALLY do think this would be a great heavyweight fight and want to see it.

I don't get why some people think that Blaydes was going to take over the fight in the third round. Dude was getting his shit pushed in thorough the whole fight, and when he finally managed to get Ngannou down in the second, he couldn't keep him there.

I think Blaydes whoops him in a rematch. If you saw that fight you could see Blaydes was still pretty green, when he got Ngannou down he didn't really know what to do with the position and it harmed him greatly that fight, more so than him not being able to keep Ngannou down. Blaydes would style on him in a rematch.

Blaydes was still pretty green, when he got Ngannou down he didn't really know what to do with the position and it harmed him greatly that fight, more so than him not being able to keep Ngannou down.

Blaydes also took the fight on short notice.

Oleynik has no name, no ranking, and if you hit the floor with him he can submit you while you are mounted on top of him. Wise/ very obvious move by Ngannou. Fighting him would be a stupid business decision. It's not like anyone wants to see that fight anyway.
EDIT: As a replacement fight, Ngannou should take whatever fight he can get. Wtf? He better stop complaining then.
Hi casual. How does he have no Name? He just was the first guy to submit Travis Browne. Something Werdum and Barnett couldn't do. I wanna see that fight. It actually makes more sense than JDS who was just KOed. Alexey is on a three fight win streak and the one lost he has can be blamed on a long lay off prior to fighting again.

Yeah that's not ducking, he wants a top guy so he can still ask for a title shot if he wins.

Problem is, he's not likely to get a top 5 guy to agree to fight him on short notice, you're only going to get guys like Oleynik with nothing to lose.

Maybe a great compromise would be a guy like Hunt, who isn't top 5 but has a big enough name it can still propel Ngannou forward.
Would love him to fight Hunt then get busted for rods days after........ to see Hunts head literally explode

I think Blaydes whoops him in a rematch. If you saw that fight you could see Blaydes was still pretty green, when he got Ngannou down he didn't really know what to do with the position and it harmed him greatly that fight, more so than him not being able to keep Ngannou down. Blaydes would style on him in a rematch.
There's no reason for me to believe that Francis wouldn't shut his takedowns down again. Blaydes is too reliant on his explosiveness and strenght to score takedowns, that was pretty apparent in his fight with Milstead seeing as how every takedown he got there was a power move, and he still couldn't keep Adam down for long there either.

I think Francis would beat him again if they fought, maybe not as dominantly, but he wouldn't be in much trouble at all there.

Bad fight for Ngannou. Oleynik can spoil anyone's streak.

What the fuck is everyone talking about he has nothing to gain? What about fucken MONEY?? Isn't fighting his job that he gets paid for? He has a chance to fight someone or fight no one, make a bunch of money or make nothing... if he thinks he deserves to be champ then he should be able to get past a career gatekeeper.

This is a straight up duck.

<209Bitch>

The Blaydes/Ngannou fight was closer then most remember, prior to the stoppage of course.

What the fuck is everyone talking about he has nothing to gain? What about fucken MONEY?? Isn't fighting his job that he gets paid for? He has a chance to fight someone or fight no one, make a bunch of money or make nothing... if he thinks he deserves to be champ then he should be able to get past a career gatekeeper.

This is a straight up duck.

<209Bitch>
Career gatekeeper???? If anything Francis is more of a gate keeper. Alexey has a far better resume. Only win Francis has is AA (who is on a 5 fight losing streak).

Back