Ngannou/Overeem rematch makes more sense than title shot

giphy.gif

Ngannou has a lot of hype behind him but I think it makes a lot more sense to have an Overeem rematch before putting him against Stipe. It is probably easy to forget Overeem was dominating that fight before he got caught. Given Overeems experience I think it makes the most since to book the rematch. Ngannou could have been just as easily caught by Overeem and we would have had a very different result. Overeem is the more technical striker and deserves another chance to prove that.

It's the least we can do for Overeem given his track record of being a top fighter and Ngaannous inexperience.
Overeem was dominating the fight for sure, he dropped him, he even got him into a guillotine choke almost making him tap... But then got tired and from there Stipe had a punching bag in front of him... Oh wait, you were talking about Ngannu right...? Well, you need to show us which Overeem / Ngannou fight you saw because the one we saw, Overeem did absolutely nothing

Ngannou has a lot of hype behind him but I think it makes a lot more sense to have an Overeem rematch before putting him against Stipe. It is probably easy to forget Overeem was dominating that fight before he got caught. Given Overeems experience I think it makes the most since to book the rematch. Ngannou could have been just as easily caught by Overeem and we would have had a very different result. Overeem is the more technical striker and deserves another chance to prove that.

It's the least we can do for Overeem given his track record of being a top fighter and Ngaannous inexperience.
whut???

AO got KTFO into next year!!!

This rematch makes absolutely no sense!!!

Only a true nuthugger could se logic into this...

And for that, I salute you!

But just no!

what-the-hell_o_2472839.jpg

all hate.gif

Overeem threw punches like a drunken idiot. CM Punk has better technique than that. So much for elite striker.

I am sure that Reem would agree to a do over. I think it would be a terrible idea and I am sure that his team would agree. Putting him back in there with a guy after a terrible knock out is not a responsible move by the company or his team even if he could change the outcome.

Ngannou gets his shot. Reem should fight someone a little less likely to further damage his brain if he continues.

Haha... Knocking out your opponent is considered an open & shut win.

• Close fight that ended in a decision or draw? yes
  • Strange occurrence or ref malfunction? yes
  • The losing fighter winging stupidly wide punches while leaving himself wide open? NO

I am sure that Reem would agree to a do over. I think it would be a terrible idea and I am sure that his team would agree. Putting him back in there with a guy after a terrible knock out is not a responsible move by the company or his team even if he could change the outcome.

Ngannou gets his shot. Reem should fight someone a little less likely to further damage his brain if he continues.
Apparently, he's already back to training!

The fight was less than 2 minutes long and Reem landed less than 5 strikes the entire fight. Stalling in the clinch until the ref breaks you isn't dominating. Stop making shit up just to create pointless threads.

https://www.mma-core.com/videos/Fra...ir_Overeem_UFC_218_Full_Fight_Part_2/10201255

Late dumbest fucking thread of the year contender

I think this oddly translates into-

"Im a fan of Stipe, I want him to retain the belt longer and not get hurt"

Some guys just can't let go. I hope he doesn't end up with brain damage.
Yeah, I don't like to see that happen, either. Every time I think of Goodridge, it bums me out. That's not how you should remember someone like Big Daddy!

wx6rclsf6t9x.gif

TS has failed miserably. Sadly people don't like his type of fail as much as others.

Back