Ngannou vs Black Beast

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Who should be the favorite?
Right now I think most sites have Ngannou at around -325 or so..While Lewis is around +260..

Ngannou has showed that he has almost no ground game and his takedown defense is pretty much good for 1 round. But his offensive wrestling is good? Lewis doesn't really utilize his wrestling too often but maybe he will in this one? Never the less I except some swangin' and bangin' all day.

Ngannou has the edge in striking diversity , and technique and I guess a slight edge in power?
Lewis has incredible heart, nearly just as much power and much more of a veteran.
Its a tough call.

Idk but my heart says Lewis drops Ngannou and finishes him on the ground. And thats what I want.

Ngannou is gonna take him down and finish him, I gurantee it.

Lewis has 0 TDD, and Ngannou has underrated grappling.

Ngannou is gonna take him down and finish him, I gurantee it.

Lewis has 0 TDD, and Ngannou has underrated grappling.

Hmm interesting take. I didnt really think about Ngannous takedowns being a factor with all the swangin and bangin that could happen.

Good value bet for Lewis imo. Neganou doesn't have the cardio to grapple Lewis. Neganou is gonna do what he does best. Strike. Lewis will also strike but he can get lucky.

Neither is a technical fighter, I expect a brawl and I suspect that Francis has the edge due to his power and especially due to his very strong chin.

Lewis has won me over lately. He started out as just a brawler but every fight he's gotten better. Improved striking, improved cardio, good chin and heavy top game. I think he survives the onslaught, gets it to the ground and pounds Francis out.

...or Francis kills him in the first round.

Toss a coin but leaning Lewis.

Ngannou!!!! Love the Beast and his post fight interviews are classic. But this is a huge step up. Don't see it ending well for him.

Ngannou. Both guys rely on physical gifts, and Ngannou is marginally more motivated. Not to mention his gifts are more pronounced. I've got Ngannou 1st Rd KO

I have Ngannou as a heavy favorite.

Lewis can't do what Miocic did. Miocic is better everywhere, save one shot power and weight.

Ngannou is faster than Lewis. Longer reach, stronger, similar power. Lewis doesn't have the grappling, cardio or chin to take him down and keep him there without getting KOd.

Might toss a little bit of cash on beast

I really hope Black Beast wins, he is hilarious and fun to watch. Very witty guy. Going with Black Beast by TKO in 3rd round

I really hope Black Beast wins, he is hilarious and fun to watch. Very witty guy. Going with Black Beast by TKO in 3rd round

Its a hard choice. Lewis has a SOLID chin. But he has been stopped by some heavy hitters before. And Ngannou may possibly be one of the heaviest hitters in the history of the sport.

But what happens when his opponent can absorb the punishment? Stipe did it. Can Derrick do it? Lets see :)

Lewis hits harder. He destroyed that ford focus punch machine record thing anyway.

War Lewis.
PicsArt_02-20-04.56.33.jpg

Last edited:
Depends on which Lewis shows up. I hope he's over his back issues

Hope the "black beast" KOs him so i can stop having to listen to Joe Rogan slober all over Francis

Lewis has nothing for Ngannou. He’s too damn slow and Ngannou has the fastest hands/reflexes at HW. I’m expecting a sleeping beast before the end of Rd 2

Lewis hits harder. He destroyed that punch machine record anyway.

War Lewis.
View attachment 395109

Haha francis might break that thing if he hit it.

Those things piss me off. You have to hit them right. Sometimes you hit it hard as hell and it doesnt register correctly or the impact is different... Ive hit one of those things so lacksadaisical before and it registered higher than when i was trying as hard as i could.

Needless to say that machine made about 50 bucks off of me lol

Back