Ngannou vs Prime Cro Cop in a ring

Every time there is a "prime xxx vs current today fighter" thread you know that is made so nostalgic fan can reunite in a circlejerk and articulate how amazing that fighter was in his prime.

In the real world the current fighter wins everytime, and this is not a fair matchup, K-1 and Pride Crocop was 6 feet 200-220 pounds, a smaller light-heavy.

Cro Cop was a pretty special athlete despite his smallish size at HW. Schaub said CC was the strongest opponent he fought.

Are you so sure?
Where has been Kharitonov all these years if he was so good?
I mean, if you say that all the top ten guys have been there for the last decade, where is Sergei?

Getting taken down and submitted by UFC legend Jeff Monson and getting koed by Singh Jaideep in kickboxing, that's where he has been.

2004 HWGP Kharitonov had great skills.

as a casual idiot i believe ngannou beats anyone from any era on the planet with ease

If you look at all the current heavyweights in boxing, through out history...the best of all time, were always around the 215-220 range..always...ali, foreman, frazier, tyson...tyson at his best was 215-218lbs...
Tyson fought in the 90ies, look at the fighters today, in every combat sport.
Anthony Joshua is huge, so is Wilder, Tyson Fury and the Klitschkos.

Judo has Teddy Riner, fellow countryman of Ngannou, a giant.

1dac3ee954c23d9abbc5f268e53d0bd7

Greco has Mijian Lopez, basically a black Karelin.

Lotta-greco-romana-Mijain-Lopez-UWW-m36j86edpwxgjlqbxkrmtm6gmkb23cqecco3b1ph4w.jpg

Freestyle had Artur Taymazov on top for years, a real life ogre.

i7YOeXSgzyE.jpg

Kickboxing has Rico Verhoeven, a fit athletic 260 pounds man.

D4S_3348.0.0.jpg

In a recent interview he talked about Anderson Silva, not the mma fighter but the kickboxer, about a potential matchup.

"Anderson Silva, he's okay. He's a good fighter, but he's not... Championship worthy is not the right words to say, but he's not on that level. He's been around for a few years, but I don't think he has the level to be the champion. I mean zero disrespect, because I love his style of fighting, but his body is just not built for real heavyweight. He's like 100 kilos. 102, 103. If you get a guy at 115 or 120 kilos, it's just a big difference."

Anderson Silva is still bigger than Rob Kaman, Ernesto Hoost, Andy Hug and Crocop in their Kickboxing heyday, but today is a different ball game.

Last edited:
Yeah because he got old. Some guys don’t age the same skills way, or have different physical primes.

Do you think this shit is some kind of video game or something? Do you not have the ability to grasp simple concepts like the passage of time?

He has wins over three current top ten fighters:

- Overeem

- Andrei

- Werdum

It’s like, fucking lol for Christ’s sake.

Beating those guys only counts if it's in the UFC.

I've been Crocop fan since 2001 or 2. Ngannou is real.

Answer is, who knows? It might also depend on the size of the gloves

Francis can be another Todd duffee for all we know lol.

Yeah because he got old. Some guys don’t age the same skills way, or have different physical primes.

Do you think this shit is some kind of video game or something? Do you not have the ability to grasp simple concepts like the passage of time?

He has wins over three current top ten fighters:

- Overeem

- Andrei

- Werdum

It’s like, fucking lol for Christ’s sake.
Overeem has a win over him as well, when he was still fighting at 205.

Kharitonov is a good fighter, don't get me wrong, but he is not as good as you think he is.
Miocic is far better than him.

If this is serious you are actually retarded, blind, lying, or all three.

Ngannou has KO’d two extremely shopworn heavyweights with depreciated skill sets and questionable chins.

By almost any standard this is the worst period of time in the history of MMA HW. And yet here you are, saying Ngannou is “real” when he’s hardly faced any decent competition.

For Christ’s sake, prime Kharitonov would give hell to Stipe.

Someone needs to turn in their fan card.

hey stick to tuff

Every time there is a "prime xxx vs current today fighter" thread you know that is made so nostalgic fan can reunite in a circlejerk and articulate how amazing that fighter was in his prime.

In the real world the current fighter wins everytime, and this is not a fair matchup, K-1 and Pride Crocop was 6 feet 200-220 pounds, a smaller light-heavy.

Cro cop was not 200 lbs in pride. He was always between 220 to 228. Never was he close to 200lbs.

And so what if he was a bit smaller. Cro cop was extremely strong and outmuscled most larger heavyweights in his prime. In a pure striking match, Mirko would embarrass Francis and only a close minded simpleton would argue against that

Cro cop was not 200 lbs in pride. He was always between 220 to 228. Never was he close to 200lbs..lmao
In K-1 he was, in Pride he was between 210- 220.
Watched every K1 and Pride fight, so you better believe me.

Cro cop was not 200 lbs in pride. He was always between 220 to 228. Never was he close to 200lbs.

And so what if he was a bit smaller. Cro cop was extremely strong and outmuscled most larger heavyweights in his prime. In a pure striking match, Mirko would embarrass Francis and only a close minded simpleton would argue against that
Yeah he was actually smaller in K-1 while fighting and KO'ing some of the guys that were the same size as Rico is now.

Tyson fought in the 90ies, look at the fighters today, in every combat sport.
Anthony Joshua is huge, so is Wilder, Tyson Fury and the Klitschkos.

Judo has Teddy Riner, fellow countryman of Ngannou, a giant.

1dac3ee954c23d9abbc5f268e53d0bd7

Greco has Mijian Lopez, basically a black Karelin.

Lotta-greco-romana-Mijain-Lopez-UWW-m36j86edpwxgjlqbxkrmtm6gmkb23cqecco3b1ph4w.jpg

Freestyle had Artur Taymazov on top for years, a real life ogre.

i7YOeXSgzyE.jpg

Kickboxing has Rico Verhoeven, a fit athletic 260 pounds man.

D4S_3348.0.0.jpg

In a recent interview he talked about Anderson Silva, not the mma fighter but the kickboxer, about a potential matchup.

"Anderson Silva, he's okay. He's a good fighter, but he's not... Championship worthy is not the right words to say, but he's not on that level. He's been around for a few years, but I don't think he has the level to be the champion. I mean zero disrespect, because I love his style of fighting, but his body is just not built for real heavyweight. He's like 100 kilos. 102, 103. If you get a guy at 115 or 120 kilos, it's just a big difference."

Anderson Silva is still bigger than Rob Kaman, Ernesto Hoost, Andy Hug and Crocop in their Kickboxing heyday, but today is a different ball game.
Kickboxing in the 90's had bigger or same guys as Rico! Semmy, Bjorn, Hoost height wise, Aerts height wise, Bernardo, Alexey, Lebanner who was much more physical than Rico and these guys all had much more KO power as well.

I put the names of some of the guys I was referring to.. did you not see that? Rico sucks. Would be a stepping stone in those days. Heavyweight kickboxing has been dead for a little while unfortunately. Ricos last two fights were an under six foot fat guy and goddamn Bigfoot Silva.... are you kidding me?

In K-1 he was, in Pride he was between 210- 220.
Watched every K1 and Pride fight, so you better believe me.

He was never 210 lbs in pride. Show me

He may have been 210 when he was a kid in the very early days of his kickboxing. Show me where he was 210 in pride, because I don’t believe it for a second

Kharitonov is a good fighter, don't get me wrong, but he is not as good as you think he is.
Miocic is far better than him.

In what respects would you say that? I think Stipe is a better wrestler than Sergei without being a great one, boxing wise I think Sergei was the slicker of the two personally back then(obviously more a lumbering brawler now) and showed the sub game to roll with Nog and Werdum without ever being in danger, not to mention destroying Semmy.

Whats changed is that the top guys today all have really obvious weaknesses to target, that's what Stipe's done recent making Werdum, Reem and JDS look poor. Against someone like Nog though there was no obvious weakness to target, good boxing and excellent grappling.

Last edited:
In what respects would you say that? I think Stipe is a better wrestler than Sergei without being a great one, boxing I think Sergei was the slicker of the two personally back then(obviously more a lumbering brawler now) and showed the sub game to roll with Nog and Werdum without ever being in danger, not to mention destroying Semmy.

Whats changed is that the top guys today all have really obvious weaknesses to target, that's what Stipe's done recent making Werdum, Reem and JDS look poor. Against someone like Nog though there was no obvious weakness to target.
He is bigger, fitter and better everywhere, is that simple.
Miocic is a 250 pounds tank with cardio for 5 rounds, properly trained, great solid boxing, solid wrestling and doesn't make mistakes.

This fight is actually a good example of low level mma.
The giant striker going for a guillotine from standing and losing the position like an idiot, the superior grappler getting reversed from the mount because the guy on bottom grabbed his wrists and rolled him, Gracie Jiu Jitsu lesson 1 stuff.
You don't see mistakes like that anymore, fighters barely, very rarely do mistakes anymore.
If you can't see that it's your limit.

Using a combat sport analogy, it's like watching the blue belt IBJJF Wolds, every match is super exciting, ending 9-6 or something like that.
In the black belts division most of the matches end by advantages or close results, like 2-2, the matches are less exciting, there is a lot of stalling and a complete novice could even think that the blue belts are better.
But the black belts simply don't want to make mistakes because they know that if they give an inch to the opponent it could cost them the fight.
And if you see the black belts going against the blue belts, the blue belts would get their as whooped.

He was never 210 lbs in pride. Show me

He may have been 210 when he was a kid in the very early days of his kickboxing. Show me where he was 210 in pride, because I don’t believe it for a second

My memory is that he was typically around 220-225lbs in Pride, against Wanderlei he was the latter with SIlva at 229lbs.

Back