Ngannou vs Prime Cro Cop in a ring | Page 6

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by wrestlefan, Dec 7, 2017.

1. RaZer Cruz Dojo belt

RaZer Cruz
    Francis, Cro Cop would get popped for PEDs again.

2. The Russian Yellow Card

The Russian
    Crocop make francis cry by breaking his face with a punch

3. SlomiGa MMAathmetician

SlomiGa
    Mirko would destroy him. In straight up striking Mirko would fuck him up today, let alone 10 years ago.

DayV, crocopteam and Typrune Goatley like this.
  4. bigconan Red Belt

bigconan
    rocky was like 185lbs...which is crazy. If he fought today, that's a Light heavyweight.

crystallake likes this.
  5. moreorless87 Gold Belt

moreorless87
    Rodolfo Viera is one fight into his MMA career at the moment so we'll see how that develops, again I think a lot of the problem is that we've not seen the same long term full time commitment to MMA we did in the past. Its certainly true that even the highest level BJJ guys cannot expect to just walk into the sport and succeed without rounding there game out but that was the case in the 00's as well.

I would say the same with kickboxing as well, the days when guys like Mirko and Hunt were head hunted by MMA seem to be over, hopefully WME do something about this as with Saki but in the years previous they could have had Spong and most likely many others with kickboxing being in the state it is.

Again I think the level of defence were seeing standing is simply not the same as a decade ago, if fights go long these days its either because you have an inactive stall fest, the guys involved don't have much power or someone has a great chin. Matchs like Nog/Sergei, Nog/Fedor 3 or Fedor/Crocop just don't happen anymore because someone lands early. Its a great environment for fighters like Ngannou and Stipe because early finishes are much easier to come by.

Typrune Goatley likes this.
  6. moreorless87 Gold Belt

moreorless87
    You highlight the issue I'm talking about, grappling contests now offer the potential for significant income that didn't really exist in the 00's which makes drawing talent away more difficult. I would imagine that earnings from training/seminars are now significantly higher as well.

7. nfffffku Yellow Card

nfffffku
    I like how we are pretending that for a time Monsom wasn’t a quality HW. Limited, but quality, and some of the best grappling in the division with multiple ADCC championships. But you know, wins and losses only have “context” when it applies to your argument.

I guess Francis’ run has not been particularly impressive because his banner wins have come over “notoriously chinny” fighters that have “run hot and cold”.

What a fucking moron.

8. Bubblun Brown Belt

Bubblun
    These new grappling competitions are for the most part submission only competitions, a new format, and still experiencing with the rule set.
    Things are consistently changing.

The first one was Metamoris, but today is dead, they tried to make it big but it wasn't profitable, Ralek Gracie just fought Gordon Ryan like a month ago to pay the all the competitors of the past events he couldn't pay, it was a huge failure, like every event, if he is lucky he has enough money to pay Gordon Ryan.
    It's not that easy to run a promotion and make it profitable.

Most of the competitions pays decent money, but you can't live with it, jiu jitsu competitors are still forced to run a gym and do seminars, and that's not going to change in the future.
    Basically mma pays the bills, jiu jitsu not.

9. superpunch Red Belt

superpunch
    I dont know why people are acting like this is a dumb question.

Cro Cop at his best was number 2.

Ngannou is number 2 and still climbing the ranks and is 40 lbs heavier

10. Automatic Man Die like a champion, ya hey!

Automatic Man
    Prime Crockpot is too fast, to precise, Nnagnou would be trying to panic grapple after getting cracked

11. lukeuidswords Yellow Card

lukeuidswords
    Ngannou is fully natty tho

12. RaZer Cruz Dojo belt

RaZer Cruz
    Innocent till proven guilty.

13. lukeuidswords Yellow Card

lukeuidswords
    100% I agree my guy absolutely

Bowling ball traps? Haters are just jelly

14. mmacasualviewer Xmas P4P GOATs, money athletes, good on mic, 3.5M

mmacasualviewer
    Cro Cop would drop him with a Jouban LHP.

15. Lawrence Purple Belt

Lawrence

It's really as simple as the above.

Ngannou can put any man on the Astral plane.... But so can a Mirko kick or death by a thousand cuts via Sea Level Cain...

I just hope Francis stays healthy and fights often.... We are going to have a blast watching this guy.

16. Hotei Brown Belt

Hotei
    Wow you are so wrong. Fighters in K1 were crazy (no tests for steroids) and it's not that hard to check it.

17. hugemmafan22 Blue Belt

hugemmafan22
    Cro Cop has no footwork and doesn’t use the right side of his body. He was a small heavyweight that literally slowly walked down inferior opponents and then would crumble when guys fought back. Cro cop also has a glass chin and is mentally weak. He would be beaten by Francis before the fight started. Look how extremely mediocre Cro Copnwws in the ufc when he start d fighting bigger heavyweights with some skills.

18. MartinGibson86 Green Belt

MartinGibson86
    Oh shut up you fuckin boner..monson was like 40 and 3 years removed from getting his ass kicked by Tim Sylvia. And you're trying to say 28 year-old sergei lost to him because he got old LMAO!

And Sergei also got HIS ass kicked by Reem---who had dropped 4 of 6 coming into the sergei loss. Francis ran right through AA & Reem in like 3 minutes combined.

He also handled Blaydes,who's undefeated otherwise, pretty easily too. Blaydes is MUCH more of a banner win then AA these days.

Idiot.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  19. nfffffku Yellow Card

nfffffku
    I’m a boner because I’m not shitting on Monson?

He also had wins over Aleksander Emelianenko, Roy Nelson, Kazuyuki Fujita, and Oliynyk, post Sylvia, all those guys must suck too.

Fucking lol at Blaydes being a banner win. The dude has one notable win over Oliynyk and that’s it.

I’m not saying Kharitonov is a god. I’m saying he was a slightly above average HW and he would still probably run through current UFC HW division in his Prime form.

Ngannou is absolutely nothing special based on what he’s done so far.

In fact, even if he beat Stipe I still wouldn’t be impressed. Modern MMA HW is the worst it’s been in the history of the sport. Stipe is cool but he isn’t on the level of Pride era HWs.

Ngannou isn’t that great and will likely never even get to prove he is because the current division sucks. All the best fighters are spread across multiple promotions in various countries. UFC HW division is an abysmal joke at this point.

20. theTKDguy Platinum Native

theTKDguy
    LOL