Ngannou vs Prime Cro Cop in a ring

Yeah sure, and Crocop would have beaten Ngannou and my girlfriend told me that size doesn't matter.

Listen dude, there is a reason why there aren't 220 pounds heavyweights anymore.

Actually there are quite a lot of HWs about Mirkos size if they were as lean as Mirko was.

I said smaller of the 3, I'm not talking about anyone else. Im not goin to waste my time looking for videos. Those guys weren't small period, I dont know where you are trying to go with this so I'm leaving this thread.

Jesus Christ you embarrased yourself in this thread. I almost felt bad for you.

Tyson fought in the 90ies, look at the fighters today, in every combat sport.
Anthony Joshua is huge, so is Wilder, Tyson Fury and the Klitschkos.

Judo has Teddy Riner, fellow countryman of Ngannou, a giant.

1dac3ee954c23d9abbc5f268e53d0bd7

Greco has Mijian Lopez, basically a black Karelin.

Lotta-greco-romana-Mijain-Lopez-UWW-m36j86edpwxgjlqbxkrmtm6gmkb23cqecco3b1ph4w.jpg

Freestyle had Artur Taymazov on top for years, a real life ogre.

i7YOeXSgzyE.jpg

Kickboxing has Rico Verhoeven, a fit athletic 260 pounds man.

D4S_3348.0.0.jpg

In a recent interview he talked about Anderson Silva, not the mma fighter but the kickboxer, about a potential matchup.

"Anderson Silva, he's okay. He's a good fighter, but he's not... Championship worthy is not the right words to say, but he's not on that level. He's been around for a few years, but I don't think he has the level to be the champion. I mean zero disrespect, because I love his style of fighting, but his body is just not built for real heavyweight. He's like 100 kilos. 102, 103. If you get a guy at 115 or 120 kilos, it's just a big difference."

Anderson Silva is still bigger than Rob Kaman, Ernesto Hoost, Andy Hug and Crocop in their Kickboxing heyday, but today is a different ball game.

That's interesting that Rico says that considering the last guy that knocked him out was 218 lbs.

Oh shut up you fuckin boner..monson was like 40 and 3 years removed from getting his ass kicked by Tim Sylvia. And you're trying to say 28 year-old sergei lost to him because he got old LMAO!

And Sergei also got HIS ass kicked by Reem---who had dropped 4 of 6 coming into the sergei loss. Francis ran right through AA & Reem in like 3 minutes combined.

He also handled Blaydes,who's undefeated otherwise, pretty easily too. Blaydes is MUCH more of a banner win then AA these days.

Idiot.

You should try actually watching the Sergei-Overeem fight.

... then watch the rematch. The one where Sergei doesn't have a dislocated shoulder.

There is no way Hoost, Aerts and Bojansky were 240 pounds in the early 2000.
Fighters were smaller back in the day, the more you go back in time the smaller the heavyweight.

My point is that heavyweight fighters got bigger with time in every combat sport and i said it from the beginning.
But if you want to have the last words, you are right, i don't care.

Well, where are all the huge fighters now then?

Crocop's era had:

Tim Sylvia 6'8 265
Gan McGee 6'10 290
Bob Sapp 6'5 350
Bigfoot Silva 6'4 300
Semmy Schilt 6'11 280
Brock Lesnar 6'3 300
Aleks Emelianenko 6'4 250
James Thompson 6'5 270
Brett Rogers 6'5 280
Hong Man Choi 7'2 330
Ron Waterman 6'2 280
Tom Erikson 6'4 280
Ricardo Morais 6'4 280

Is this a joke?

Prime crocop got destroyed by gonzaga n Congo

He was simply too small in pride (220).

Francis would ko him in couple of minutes

Younger Crocop was pretty good at playing the matador.

I think Crocop could beat him via his kicking game. Blaydes had a lot of success with low kicks early on and Crocop has far more vicious kicks, especially when using his low kicks to setup body and high kicks.

He only punched with his left hand. Very one dimensional fighter. Aren’t all of his boxing matches amateur? 56 isn’t that many mist pro boxers have hundreds of amateur fights before turning pro and wrestlers have wrestled thousands of matches before even getting into mma. Their bodies are broken down by the time they reach the ufc.

50+ professional fights for a HW in MMA and kickboxing is certainly a lot and he was well able to punch with both hands, both jabbing with his lead and throwing combos when needed(Aleks for example, a ton of fights in K-1).

Really though it comes down to whether you can work a style effectively doesn't it? Crocop had the timing, the power and the defence/movement to work the one shot counter game effectively, someone like Reem doesn't have the same ability without his K-1 gloves to hide behind, put him under pressure and the results are not pretty.

Cro Cop can be caught. We've all seen it. But Id still favor him over Frances. We dont know how good Frances actually is. He has all the potential in the world. But there have been many who have had great potential and havent lived up to it. He may very well end up being he best ever. But right now id still go with Prime Cro-Cop.

Younger Crocop was pretty good at playing the matador.

I think Crocop could beat him via his kicking game. Blaydes had a lot of success with low kicks early on and Crocop has far more vicious kicks, especially when using his low kicks to setup body and high kicks.

I would say he was better at playing the matador than anyone in MMA history, it is a risky way to fight that can lead to upsets like Randleman but its potentially well suited to Ngannou.

Prime Cro Cop in MMA was already very shop worn from his kickboxing and boxing career(s). It could go either way - cro cop was still athletic and fast a hell and he could very well kick Ngannou's head in to next week and Ngannou could just as well catch him.

I'd favour cro cop via kicking to Ngannou's body a few times then bringing it up top

LHK for the win.

Replying OP:
Francis, Cro Cop would get popped for PEDs again.

Talking about Francis:
Innocent till proven guilty.

Funny and hypocritical that you should say that because Crocop never failed a test. He declared to USADA that his doctor was treating his shoulder injury with HGH and got provisionally suspended. All his tests came back clean.

Two posts in succession show your ignorance and bias.

I think prime crocop wins this 70% of the time. Obviously Francis can KO anybody. But it's not a given that he will KO everybody with 1 punch.

I'm a fan of Overeem AND Arlovski but if you want to list down all the guys who have KOd those two, you would see that it's premature to crown Francis the future king and goat.

Since this turned into a Francis vs Sergei thread anyway:
2mlb1d.gif

403.gif
giphy.gif

He was smaller then all of them... Andy Hug in the same video was announced 96.9 kilograms, smaller than Hoost.

Peter Aerts and Bonjansky were smaller than 240 in the early 2000, how do i know that?
Because they were 240 in the later part of their career when they were a lot bigger.
Go find me a video that says they were 240, if you are so sure.

Hoost is 6ft3 at best, same as LeBanner who was much heavier

regarding the Aerts, I texted his coach
"when he was with me (till 1997) about 100 kg(220 lbs), when he went away he was up to 112 (245 lbs) , till 2007
when he came back I dropped him to 105 kg (230 lbs) "

so, not everybody kept on adding weight till the later parts of their career

Randleman was able to KO prime crocop so i bet Francis would too.
73pf84.jpg

If I remember correctly, fellow Croatians can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Cro Cop was in our
parliament at that time.
And I also think, at that time, his current (or recent at least) conditioning coach was his sparring partner.

Take it as you will.

Back