Ngannou vs Prime Cro Cop in a ring

Sorry but you don't have a clue what your talking about and are looking to flip the discussion to cover it, the guys I listed were all dangerous strikers who pressured Mirko and all of them got countered and finished. The reality is that "Crocop couldn't take pressure" is mostly a fanboy myth, he was a front runner with a quite limited offencive gameplan but countering pressure was his greatest strength.

Gonzaga really didn't pressure Mirko that much at all, he got an early takedown catching a midkick very nicely and exploited his lack of prep for elbows on the ground before timing one strike, not much pressure besides that.

Mirko's style did definitely put him on the jagged edge, putting himself potentially in harms way looking for fight ending counters rather than picking away from range with weaker shots. I think you saw that with Randleman and Gonzaga, dangerous flakey opponents who had an inspired performances.
I’ve seen Cro Cop give up in too many fights when the fights got tough.

There are other angles of the throw. It was not luck, fedor knows how to fall, he sticks his left arm out to break the fall and curls so he hits mid back, not neck or head. I think not many woulf be composed like thet when in the air
So he can counter a sullen that literally happened in split seconds. Yet he had no idea how to slip and evade a wild telegraphed haymaker from Fujita? Nor to not just stand flat footed in front of Mitrione with zero head movement? Ok.

Cro Cop repped Croatia at an AIBA tournament, which is a higher level of boxing than either Stipe or Ngannou have ever competed in.
And Cro Cop routinely got outstruck and viciously knocked out in mma. What’s your point? He never remotely competed at a remotely high level in boxing.

And Cro Cop routinely got outstruck and viciously knocked out in mma. What’s your point? He never remotely competed at a remotely high level in boxing.

Yes he did. AIBA is very very legit. Much more legit than a regional Golden Gloves trophy.

Even worse, prior to this fight he has spent months filming that horrible movie, Ultimate Force.

But we can't take it away from Randleman, that punch was a missile, right at the moment Mirko was loading his own. It was a tip from Chuck Liddel.

And we got to see the amazing Randleplex on Fedor next.

Mirko avenged his loss by NYE tho, I really loved that phenix like storyline of CC's 2004 run, he fought 8 times that year and it was a really fun year to follow.

THnx for chiming in ;)

Yeh, taking nothing from Randleman, just feel as though CC would have been even better with better training methods and whatnot.

Makes you think what CC around 30y, with a good, professional team/camp/partners could do :)

These hypotheticals are getting silly. No way to tell. You’re comparing an untested roided to the max CC vs a USADA Ngannou. We have absolutely no idea how Ngannou would’ve performed in that setting.

Let me simplify this for everyone.

Ngannou is the greatest of all time. Until he loses. Once. Then he will always have been overrated, but ONLY then. Up until that point he will have always been the GOAT.

I realize those two sentiments are inherently contradictory, but this is Sherdog.
Hahahaha awesome reply.

Remember that this is MMA.

Randleman had the threat of a takedown. As you can see in the GIF. Cro Cop was loading up on his left leg when Randleman engaged. Cro Cop misjudged that Randleman going to shoot so he pulled back on his kick and went for underhooks with his hands. Randleman threw a left instead and caught him.

That was Prime Randleman too who could probably have his way with Ngannou on the ground.

Fun fact: it was Chuck Liddell who taught Kevin that move, specifically for this fight. And Chuck was in Kevin's corner celebrating with him afterwards. (this was after Chuck ko'd Kevin in their fight, too)

I’ve seen Cro Cop give up in too many fights when the fights got tough.

Again being a front runner with a limited gameplan is not the same as being unable to deal with opponents looking to pressure him aggressively, most of the time when this happened Mirko finished them quickly.

Even with all his pride juice, Cro Cop gets starched like he did against most top fighters.

Ngannou sends Crocop to the hospital. If he dyes his hair blonde Crocop goes to the cemetery.

It would be interesting and could go either way. If they fought 10x there would be mixed results. Mirko was really a LHW.

Ngannou sends Crocop to the hospital. If he dyes his hair blonde Crocop goes to the cemetery.

Based on what? KO ing two glass jawed fighters?

It would be interesting and could go either way. If they fought 10x there would be mixed results. Mirko was really a LHW.

Based on what? KO ing two glass jawed fighters?

That would three if he fought Crocop.

Back