NHL Offseason Discussion: Live From the KHL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kucherov finna be a full-fledged superstar this season.

I made the correct choice going to bed after the 2nd.

The game of hockey is just easy for Auston Matthews.

Matthews is a fucking monster. Watching leafs since 80s and never have they had a young dynamic player of this calibre. To think he isn't close to how strong and smart he will be in a few years is scary

Another win for the Leafs but again too many turnovers and sheisty passing, particularly in our own end. We had too many last year and at times it looks as if it wasn't even addressed. I mean I do get it, we're young, there's a learning curve and all that but that shits going to bite us in the ass hard if we allow it to become more than an odd habit.

Way too many defensive errors in our own zone and neutral zone. And the percentage of them are in the middle of the rink, put that fucking puck out wide, use the wings, use the room that's there and get that shit to the boards.

Nothing worse than watching the puck getting turned over in the middle of the rink in our own end.

A W is a W.

Go Leafs GO.

Matthews is a fucking monster. Watching leafs since 80s and never have they had a young dynamic player of this calibre. To think he isn't close to how strong and smart he will be in a few years is scary
Same, he is something else like, a different level. Scary good.

lol at the Rangers.

blew the lead with under a minute left then Pens score early in OT.

Godsby and Malkin once again.

lol at the Rangers.

blew the lead with under a minute left then Pens score early in OT.

Godsby and Malkin once again.

Rangers are digging themselves a hell of a hole. Could be a pretty sad year for NY hockey fans in general. RIP Lundqvist's Cup chances.

I made a bet with a guy at work that the habs would lose against the leafs and the 3 Cali teams.

So far so good.

Rangers are digging themselves a hell of a hole. Could be a pretty sad year for NY hockey fans in general. RIP Lundqvist's Cup chances.
You think the Rangers would trade him to a contender if they are so far out of it. Or will they take him down with the ship(or he wants to go down with them)? I know he still has 3 years left after this year at a hefty price.

You think the Rangers would trade him to a contender if they are so far out of it. Or will they take him down with the ship(or he wants to go down with them)? I know he still has 3 years left after this year at a hefty price.
It's tough with goalies because usually a contender already has theirs, unless someone goes down right before the deadline. Plus the fact he's not a rental, it's hard to fit that salary into your plans, and he might be declining. It's a shame, he's one of my favorite players, even as a Penguins fan, and one of the best 7th rounders ever.

It's tough with goalies because usually a contender already has theirs, unless someone goes down right before the deadline. Plus the fact he's not a rental, it's hard to fit that salary into your plans, and he might be declining. It's a shame, he's one of my favorite players, even as a Penguins fan, and one of the best 7th rounders ever.
Yea, poor Henrik he always seems like a classy guy and I commend his loyalty to the Rangers. He's probably stuck on them for awhile. I agree, as a Pens fan, I do like him and dont hate the rangers. If it was Philly or Bostcan I'd be laughing it up.

The Leafs habit of giving up big leads is getting worrisome. There will be parts during the season where the scoring will dry up, and shit is going to get ugly if they don't get it together on the back end.

The Leafs habit of giving up big leads is getting worrisome. There will be parts during the season where the scoring will dry up, and shit is going to get ugly if they don't get it together on the back end.

Gonna be a problem for a while, might seem cliche, but that defense could use some veteran presence. They're set at forward as far as I can see, I just don't expect them to make a big impact in the post-season this year, though they'll probably be in the show. This next offseason will be big for them, probably where they start heading towards a Cup or back to mediocrity, depending on the deals made. Shame Vlasic won't be hitting the market, he would have been perfect.

Leafs are stupid ahead of schedule. Fan criticism is ridiculous at this point.

Obviously missing that staple HOF 30min a game defenseman but the core is so young, the future is so bright, the exec/coaching situation is ideal and Toronto is finally using the richest market to sway players to play for them instead of shrinking from that spotlight. I think there is every reason to believe big time free agents will look favorably on Toronto in the next couple seasons.

That or a good trade considering the amounts if quality kids Leafs have. Either way, for the first time in my life i have real faith in the boys in blue.

Only boring teams care about defense. Leafs can just outscore their troubles.

Honestly though, I can't even blame the defensmen, Bozak and JVR are sooooooooooooo trash in their own end, it's disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back