NHL Offseason Discussion: Live From the KHL

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Man, the Leafs have been getting outshot like the Potato Carlyle days. Freddy has been fucking killing it lately.

Vegas is 9-1 at home this year. That is some "The house always wins" shit right there.

Gonna have to just chalk that up as a scheduled loss, the way NBA teams do when they have to play the second game of a back to back in Denver.

Carey Price is back in net tonight. Which means Buffalo is going to light him up like a christmas tree.

It's crazy that the three powerhouses of the League right now are StL, Tampa, and Vegas, and I couldn't tell you who Vegas' top scorer is. I wonder how many expansion teams have won GM and Coach of the year out of the gate.

If everyone remains healthy and Ellis returns on schedule, I foresee a Nashville vs Tampa finals, with the preds taking it in 6.

If you're Vegas, do you sell or buy at the deadline?

If everyone remains healthy and Ellis returns on schedule, I foresee a Nashville vs Tampa finals, with the preds taking it in 6.

If you're Vegas, do you sell or buy at the deadline?
Barring injuries, they stand pat. Don't fuck with whatever planet aligning voodoo you have going. They did most of their selling at the draft anyway.

James Neal is their most prolific scorer, and is on an expiring. Do they resign him? What if talks stall before the deadline, ship him out?

James Neal is their most prolific scorer, and is on an expiring. Do they resign him? What if talks stall before the deadline, ship him out?
Depends, I guess you could get a good pick for him, but it might depends on their place in the standings. If they can keep this pace up, you kind of have to keep him. Every win helps the franchise get a local following, if they can make a splash in the playoffs that'd be even better. If they could land a Sergachev type prospect, then sure, but if it's just a pick I think that's too uncertain to give up the chemistry that's gotten them this far.

I think if GMGM sells some assets off it should be taken as an indication that the player was reluctant to re-sign in Vegas. Vegas is stacked with picks for next year and the year after (at least 7 picks in the top 100 next year, and 5 the year after). They had 7 last year including 3 firsts. I think GMGM would do well to just stand pat and give his fans something to cheer for. Might be nice for him to get a 3rd or something like that but that can be done at the draft.

Tonight will tell us exactly how bad the Sabres are or how much the injury affected THE man during the start of the season.

#priceblessusall

Only 2 players on the Penguins currently have a positive +/-. One of them is Phil Kessel.

Wait, did Duchene give Ottawa AIDS?
They are really stinking up the joint. Must make Turris feel good, Nashville is on fire, albeit not from his contributions. At least he isn't a defensive liability when he's not scoring.

Also, Philly is 1-3-6 in their last 10. That's gotta sting.

They are really stinking up the joint. Must make Turris feel good, Nashville is on fire, albeit not from his contributions. At least he isn't a defensive liability when he's not scoring.

Also, Philly is 1-3-6 in their last 10. That's gotta sting.

Ottawa and Detroit have a big responsibility this week.

dahlin-hc.jpg

He can skate through entire teams, but he can't skate his way to Montreal. Send him home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back