NHL Offseason Discussion: Live From the KHL

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I know is the jets gunna go macgregor on the wilds bus my ninjas

I just really don't want to get BTFO'd at the lottery. Technically, we could draft as late as 9th as of this moment. If we beat Toronto, Detroit and Vancouver lose their last games of the season, and we get BTFO'd by 3 teams behind us.

In that case I'd just take Kotkaniemi.

For some reason I'm just not feeling Mac, though the number support him. We'll see, either way they'll probably have as many points as any two Habs.
Damn you were right, Mac is 5 points off with 1 game left.

Damn you were right, Mac is 5 points off with 1 game left.
Yeah, though I was wrong on Malkin, I really thought he'd make it. Giroux's play down the stretch was insane, Flyers could easily have missed the playoffs without him. McKinnon's 95 points in 75 games is incredible though. Lots of underrated guys in the pack too. Kopitar, Wheeler, Kessel, Hall, career highs for all of them.

Yeah, though I was wrong on Malkin, I really thought he'd make it. Giroux's play down the stretch was insane, Flyers could easily have missed the playoffs without him. McKinnon's 95 points in 75 games is incredible though. Lots of underrated guys in the pack too. Kopitar, Wheeler, Kessel, Hall, career highs for all of them.
Rantanen aswell, from 38 points to 83 is a huuuuge leap.

Giroux's play down the stretch was insane, Flyers could easily have missed the playoffs without him.

Giroux is carrying the team. It doesn't matter who Hakstol is putting with him, they're producing.... Michael fucking Raffl is scoring goals now. Elliot has to stay healthy though, Mrazek has been really bad.

I still have no idea how Gudas is playing ahead of Hagg though.... I've always liked Gudas, but he's been TERRIBLE lately.

The Flyers have a shot... depends which version of them shows up. They're very Jekyll and Hyde-ish. Never know what you're gonna get.

Rantanen aswell, from 38 points to 83 is a huuuuge leap.
Lot of break out stars this season, it was a great year for the League, other than the Habs and Oilers falling off a cliff.
Giroux is carrying the team. It doesn't matter who Hakstol is putting with him, they're producing.... Michael fucking Raffl is scoring goals now. Elliot has to stay healthy though, Mrazek has been really bad.

I still have no idea how Gudas is playing ahead of Hagg though.... I've always liked Gudas, but he's been TERRIBLE lately.

The Flyers have a shot... depends which version of them shows up. They're very Jekyll and Hyde-ish. Never know what you're gonna get.

Washington and Pittsburgh are both vulnerable in my opinion, Metro divisional games are wild. Tampa Bay is still a possibility for you though, and that would be a rough one if Stammer comes back healthy. Both conferences are going to be gongshows.

Lot of break out stars this season, it was a great year for th the League, other than the Habs and Oilers falling off a cliff
f

Washington and Pittsburgh are both vulnerable in my opinion, Metro divisional games are wild. Tampa Bay is still a possibility for you though, and that would be a rough one if Stammer comes back healthy. Both conferences are going to be gongshows.

I don't know who the hell i'd rather the Flyers play... its the playoffs....so i guess the Pens....but they smashed us during the regular season this year...

I think Tampa goes as far as Vasilevsky takes them....if he plays like he did early in the season they're the team to beat.

It should be a fun ride.

I'm a Pens fan, but I don't think they can pull off the three-peat, they must be tired and Tampa Bay and Boston look terrifying. It'd almost be a relief if they got bumped in the first round if the series was fun, they deserve a summer off. If they'd prefer to go on a tear and win it all though, that's just fine with me. We could definitely use more Flyer fans in here, so glad to see you're posting.

In that case I'd just take Kotkaniemi.

You literally made this name up.

I'd rather face the Bruins, because fuck Boston, but Tampa would be more fun.

Just happy the team made it to the playoffs healthy. Matthews is en fuego, powerplay has 2 good units, my body is ready.

Last edited:
If Couture really is hurt I'm going to break something

You literally made this name up.

I'd rather face the Bruins, because fuck Boston, but Tampa would be more fun.

Just happy the team made it to the playoffs healthy. Matthews is en fuego, powerplay has 2 good units, my body is ready.

I really don't like Toronto - Boston series. I don't want either team to win. I guess I want Boston to win to keep your 2nd round pick from degrading in value, but Boston is the enemy.

I really don't like Toronto - Boston series. I don't want either team to win. I guess I want Boston to win to keep your 2nd round pick from degrading in value, but Boston is the enemy.
nothing tastes better than the salty tears of a Habs fan...

nothing tastes better than the salty tears of a Habs fan...

You'll note that I'm actually leaning towards Boston in that series on a realpolitik basis.

You guys are a wretched collection of scum and villainy. I just want a better pick, bro.

Playoff scheduled released. Might as well shut this bitch ass thread down

Offseason Thread -> Postseason Thread

lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back