NHL Offseason Discussion: Live From the KHL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder when Pominville's last multi-goal game was. I hope Eichel gets a couple and puts this one away.

RIP dreams of a three-peat Makani.

Oh ya! I met/talked to Rob Ramage briefly yesterday at work. Really nice guy. We talked about Montreal's young guys. He's got his eye on Will Bitten and thinks Mete is going to have a solid year in the show.

It'd be nice to see Bitten do something this year. He was completely irrelevant last year.

RIP dreams of a three-peat Makani.
Eh, I'm not too worried, that Chicago team was unstoppable last night, sometimes you just don't have it, by the time Murray got in net the table was already tilted. Good to see Bickell get a send off like that.

What's everyone's thoughts on Carolina? I think they're going to take a lot of people by surprise this year and finish 3rd in the Metro/5 in the east.

Their top 3 defencemen are young and underrated. Their offence is also underrated with guys like Rask, Aho, Teravainen, Skinner, etc.

I also think Darling is going to have himself a great year.

What's everyone's thoughts on Carolina? I think they're going to take a lot of people by surprise this year and finish 3rd in the Metro/5 in the east.

Their top 3 defencemen are young and underrated. Their offence is also underrated with guys like Rask, Aho, Teravainen, Skinner, etc.

I also think Darling is going to have himself a great year.

Darling's performance is the key, I think they've done a great job building through the draft. As long as they don't sputter out at mediocre then they have a bright future, the East is wide open.

On another note, Keith Tkachuck looks totally different now since retirement.

Not really. This is what he looked like every offseason after being traded to the Blues. He just doesn't have to drop any lbs in September anymore.

Trading for Tkachuck then trading for Weight will go down as two of the worst trades Blues ever made.

Bishop hurt. Fack. There goes 2 of my fantasy teams if it's serious.

he'll be fine. not sure how the puck snuck through the mask but he got a few stitches and was back on the bench.

neal was a fucking monster; sent fuckboi seguin to his room. and fleury was a god damned wall tonight. vgk getting first win in franchise history in their first game was pretty epic. that said, they can't continue to win going like 0 for 87 on the power play.

and i finally got to see a fucking game. the last couple nights has been rough for me. picked the wrong game both nights. last night watching the pens get 10 put on them was brutal but at least it wasn't on home ice...looking at you winnipeg.

winnipeg needs to use the space created by teams crawling in laine's ass instead of continuing to try to feed him for the one timer when it ain't there.

God damn you almost gave me a heart attack. I had been edge lording the opinion that we should have traded Price and acquired another starter instead of paying him Oprah money. My example was Bishop. That would've been a quick L. lol

Eh, I'm not too worried, that Chicago team was unstoppable last night, sometimes you just don't have it, by the time Murray got in net the table was already tilted. Good to see Bickell get a send off like that.

We lost a lot of key players this year that were crucial. Im also doubtful this year but lets see how the season develops.

We lost a lot of key players this year that were crucial. Im also doubtful this year but lets see how the season develops.

Losing Bonino and Cullen is a pretty big blow, even though I wouldn't want to pay Nick that much for that long. There might be some young guys I don't know about who can fill that role, but it takes time and a certain attitude. Might be a good year to grab some grinders at the deadline depending on how things go. Can't argue with 2 Cups, but I was optimistic they'd be able to power through. Still am, just a few depth issues.

Losing Bonino and Cullen is a pretty big blow, even though I wouldn't want to pay Nick that much for that long. There might be some young guys I don't know about who can fill that role, but it takes time and a certain attitude. Might be a good year to grab some grinders at the deadline depending on how things go. Can't argue with 2 Cups, but I was optimistic they'd be able to power through. Still am, just a few depth issues.

is it possible for iginla and doan to go win a gold medal and then join the pens for the playoff run?

either way, i see the pens making a run. they won't win the metro but i can't see them not in the playoffs and any team with crosby and malkin has a chance. letang's health will play a huge factor as well.

Just hand the leafs the cup now

Lol. This team is bad and I feel bad.

This combined with the Leafs just torching teams is giving me the stiffest of stiffies.

Also, sweet Jeebus, that Ovechkin spin/slapshot goal was fucking insane.

This combined with the Leafs just torching teams is giving me the stiffest of stiffies.

Also, sweet Jeebus, that Ovechkin spin/slapshot goal was fucking insane.

Be me. Stay up till 2 am to watch first habs game of season. Feels good man. 1 minute in. Feels bad man.

Ovi with 6 goals already lol.

And big hank is on deck for having a Patrick Roy breakdown if the leafs tally anymore with him in net

I haven't seen the leafs be able to to cycle in a zone like that since 99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back