NHL Post-Season Discussion V.2: Get Your Licks In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol wtf is going on. SJS traded Hoffman for a 2nd, 4th, and 5th.
Basically dumped Boedker for a 2, 4, 5, 5. He was a cap dump they were looking to move, so all in all it's a pretty good return.

haha

Sens are such a fucking dumpster fire. They ain't gonna get shit for Karlsson either.

Especially if Bobby Ryan is tied around his ankle.

haha

Sens are such a fucking dumpster fire. They ain't gonna get shit for Karlsson either.

Especially if Bobby Ryan is tied around his ankle.

The fact thet EM is such a cheap bastard and that he will consider Bobby Ryan off the books a bigger win than getting anything of value for EK is going to be hilarious. However, the fact that Edmonton is the odds on fav at this point for Karlsson could be fucking comical beyond belief when you factor ii will be chiarelli v Dorian / Melnyk in a negotiation battle.

Im here -- does Ottawa keep the 4th and potentially give Col a top 3 pic next year?

where does Kovy go?

Where does karlsson go?

Ottawa's keeping the pick: included in that is a scenario where they trade the pick. I've heard numerous rumours of teams trading down, but nothing about teams wanting to trade up though.

I feel so bad for that franchise. Their scouts are fucking wizards, and it all gets pissed away by a cheap tax dodging owner and feckless management.

Ottawa's keeping the pick: included in that is a scenario where they trade the pick. I've heard numerous rumours of teams trading down, but nothing about teams wanting to trade up though.

I feel so bad for that franchise. Their scouts are fucking wizards, and it all gets pissed away by a cheap tax dodging owner and feckless management.

I agree they are keeping that pick -- but with that, the first rounder they give to Col in 2019 may be a top 2 next year. Ottawa is not going to be better next season.

I agree they are keeping that pick -- but with that, the first rounder they give to Col in 2019 may be a top 2 next year. Ottawa is not going to be better next season.

They're in a real jam. I wonder if Gene even gives a fuck if they were forced to give up jack hughes?

They're in a real jam. I wonder if Gene even gives a fuck if they were forced to give up jack hughes?

I dont think he has the balls at this point to come out and say "we are going to be worse next year" and give up the 4th pick and a great guarantee pick in Tkachuk or Zadina in the hopes he wins the lottery next year; especially when you're probably the most hated owner in the league and will already see a loss in attendance.

I dont blame him for taking this pick and risking it next year -- but this is not like when burke gave up 2 1st for Kessel and genuinely thought they would be way better but ultimately came up losing out on Seguin. Gene has to know they wont be better next year -- especially since Florida, Buffalo, Detriot will be better.

Lot of talk about Kov coming to Boston. He's kinda old but I'd be into it for a like 2 year deal

I dont think he has the balls at this point to come out and say "we are going to be worse next year" and give up the 4th pick and a great guarantee pick in Tkachuk or Zadina in the hopes he wins the lottery next year; especially when you're probably the most hated owner in the league and will already see a loss in attendance.

I dont blame him for taking this pick and risking it next year -- but this is not like when burke gave up 2 1st for Kessel and genuinely thought they would be way better but ultimately came up losing out on Seguin. Gene has to know they wont be better next year -- especially since Florida, Buffalo, Detriot will be better.

Florida coming up with Hoffman for a 2nd and a 4th. Not a bad start to the off-season for the guy who had the worst fucking off-season imaginable last year.

Any other franchise I'd say you have to make this high pick, and do what you can in free agency to kill the value of the next pick. But who's signing in Ottawa and would gene even sign them?

Probably should have just signed Turris.

Lot of talk about Kov coming to Boston. He's kinda old but I'd be into it for a like 2 year deal

2 year deals are the way to go. Don't be a jabroni like Bergevin. Give yourself the opportunity to get paid when you're right.

No Zadina in the top 5?????

Yotes may have shit the bed with Hayton -- they couldve traded down and still gotten him

Islanders on the other hand just nailed their picks -- Dobson and wh
Wahlstrom outside the top 10 is a fucking steal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back