NHL Post-Season Discussion V.2: Get Your Licks In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh I'll take Merkley hoping he can fix his defensive game / attitude. Look at the list of guys that have scored .8 ppg pace at his age in the CHL.

He'll be a coke fiend as soon as that first payment hits his bank account

Welp, I'm pretty happy that the Canucks got Quinn Hughes at 7. Desperately need a d-man who can skate like the wind and create offense even though he's small

I need Jonatan Berggren to be a hab tomorrow.

A promising prospect for sure. He belongs to Skellefteå AIK, a team that has been one of the giants the last decade. I´m a bit ambivalent with NHL vaccum cleaning all our young talents. We have the organization to produce talents year after year, and I wish we could keep the best ones until they were atleast 20 years old (Peter Forsberg is a good example of that). Now it´s more like a watered down league with plentiful of Canadian and American players not good enough for NHL.

Enough of my rant. Buffalo, anything to say about this place? Good supporters? How do they feel in town after missing the playoffs for so many years? Are they happy for the Rasmus Dahlin pick?

Last edited:
A promising prospect for sure. He belongs to Skellefteå AIK, a team that has been one of the giants the last decade. I´m a bit ambivalent with NHL vaccum cleaning all our young talents. We have the organization to produce talents year after year, and I wish we could keep the best ones until they were atleast 20 years old (Peter Forsberg is a good example of that). Now it´s more like a watered down league with plentiful of Canadian and American players not good enough for NHL.

Enough of my rant. Buffalo, anything to say about this place? Good supporters? How do they feel in town after missing the playoffs for so many years? Are they happy for the Rasmus Dahlin pick?

I actually want to see my team send some CHL guys who aren't good enough for the NHL, but too good for Junior to the SHL and Liiga. Several SHL teams have made pitches to the NHL to create such an arrangement. Boston actually created such a contract with JYP in 2010. Kids get to earn a little money, see some of the world

About Berggren, he's a fucking magician. After the top 10 split he took off, which...doesn't really make sense. Bokk, for example, got worse, and wasn't able to keep his nose above 1.0 ppg. Berggren? 1.9. No one else was even close. He's one of those guys who you can't not notice on the ice.

I really like his linemate Albin Eriksson, too.

Pretty excited about our pick. Hughes is an amazing skater and can move the puck. Not much of a shot though from what I see.

Was drooling when Zadina fell but then Detroit took him. Oh well.

Lot of Milfy hotness at this draft too.

We took Jett Woo. Great name but I was hoping we would take Wise. The Blackhawks took him.

Btw. Does anyone know what Stan Bowman’s Valium dosage is?

Tavares is going to meet with 5 other teams. Staples saying most believe he still lands in NYI. Pay him anything Wilson

Feel bad for Brady Tkachuk, I'm super excited for him but he's going to have a rough couple years in Ottawa.

Feel bad for Brady Tkachuk, I'm super excited for him but he's going to have a rough couple years in Ottawa.
Keith looks like he lost weight. I put him at only 300 lbs now.

Amazing draft for the Habs. All but 2 of our picks were in my top 93 first year eligibles. If this draft sucks, I suck. Kotkaniemi, Ylönen, Olofsson, Romanov, and Harris would be good enough for a draft. But Fonstad, McShane, and Hillis on top of it? Yeah, I'll take it. Gorniak murdered the combine, so why the fuck not. Don't care about houde.

I could totally make a fake NYR insider draft account. If I like a player, NYR takes that player. I even had Pajuniemi on my list, lol.

Rumors that SJ is trading for Patches. What happened to him this year?

I cant believe the flames traded Hamilton -- he had a great season, he was the best player in the trade. Carolina, Buff, and Islanders are all going to be in the playoffs in the next year or year after.

Last edited:
Best draft for a Red Wing fan in a loooong time.

We didn't trade down, got some steals.

Great draft

Welp, I'm pretty happy that the Canucks got Quinn Hughes at 7. Desperately need a d-man who can skate like the wind and create offense even though he's small

I was expecting him to end up with the Wings. Thanks Arizona and Habs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back