NHL Post-Season Discussion V.2: Get Your Licks In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Johnson signing is okay for a bottom pair.

I will miss sheary. We could have gotten more out of him even with a salary dump.

Have Leaf fans already started on the statue?

As a big leaf fan I'm kind of in shock , biggest free agent signing in recent memory

No if you'll excuse me I have to go help with the statue

Seems like Montreal is going full tank. A couple years too late and without some likely valuable assets that we could have had in return for our vets, but this is correct. When you have the bankroll to afford anyone big fish UFAs are saying ''new phone who dis?'' it's probably past time to start over.

It's Toronto's time, bitches!!! Tip of the iceberg and all other Canadian team fans can have the tip of something else ;)

Agreed, Hawks and Pens both won cups with less than stellar defence corps tho
Hawks D was their cornerstone outside the one Cup they were all injured for, but point taken. I can see the Leafs making some waves with their "the best defense is a good offense" approach.

My memory is shit - But I remember Seabrook and Keith being studs. Hammer was pretty shut down as well. They lacked depth (Think they rolled 4 guys for basically 30 minutes each one run), but high end defenders.

Agreed, Hawks and Pens both won cups with less than stellar defence corps tho
The Leafs might make it work, but to say the Hawks defense wasn't bordering on great during at least two of those cups is a lie. Keith, Hjallmarson, and Oduya were all vital to those cup wins. Seabrook was good in 2010 but has turned into a pylon since.

Chicago picked up Cam Ward and
The Leafs might make it work, but to say the Hawks defense wasn't bordering on great during at least two of those cups is a lie. Keith, Hjallmarson, and Oduya were all vital to those cup wins. Seabrook was good in 2010 but has turned into a pylon since.
2015 they were thin on the back end, I think Oduya was out with injury maybe? I know Keith had a god tier post season and desereved 2 Conn Smythe's

Hawks D was their cornerstone outside the one Cup they were all injured for, but point taken. I can see the Leafs making some waves with their "the best defense is a good offense" approach.
Agreed, not too mention defensive contributions from fowards. Tavares is a solid 2 way guy.

Damn, tell us how you really feel lol

DhD4fltUcAAzx81.jpg:large

Crazy to see JT go to the Leafs but they are about to enter cap hell and are losing a lot of depth in order to have the cap space to afford him and Matthews going forward.

Crazy to see JT go to the Leafs but they are about to enter cap hell and are losing a lot of depth in order to have the cap space to afford him and Matthews going forward.

Cap hell is the best hell. Seattle and their 650 million dollar expansion fee is here to save the day!

Not that I particularly wanted to see Toronto break McSorely's curse in the first place, but I really hope JT never gets his name on the mug. Boyhood dreams are for boys. Legacies are for men. JT decided he'd rather be a footnote in Auston Matthews' story than continue work on his own. He's a creonte. He might have had his reasons. They might have even been good ones. That doesn't make him anything but a creonte.

When Lindros refused to report, Burnaby Joe didn't ask to be traded to a more competitive team. He told the reporters ''We only want players here who have the passion to play the game. I'm tired of hearing that name. He's not here and there are a lot of others in this locker room who really care about the game.'' We know how that turned out. Coquitlam's close enough.

cut.jpg

I think it's a little early to compare Tavares to Durant or anything. There's little guarantee of success in Toronto, I'm all for him trying to bring a Cup home to the team he loves. That's what gets a lot of kids into sports I imagine.

Last edited:
I'm more excited for the young guns then I am my own team now haha
#BarzalBoeserBless

@Rawex

Cap hell is the best hell. Seattle and their 650 million dollar expansion fee is here to save the day!

Not that I particularly wanted to see Toronto break McSorely's curse in the first place, but I really hope JT never gets his name on the mug. Boyhood dreams are for boys. Legacies are for men. JT decided he'd rather be a footnote in Auston Matthews' story than continue work on his own. He's a creonte. He might have had his reasons. They might have even been good ones. That doesn't make him anything but a creonte.

When Lindros refused to report, Burnaby Joe didn't ask to be traded to a more competitive team. He told the reporters ''We only want players here who have the passion to play the game. I'm tired of hearing that name. He's not here and there are a lot of others in this locker room who really care about the game.'' We know how that turned out. Coquitlam's close enough.

Tavares gave the Isles a good portion of his career to go nowhere. They don't deserve his talents, similar to McDavid being in Edmonton is dumb as hell. You can't leave a legacy on a shit team. He wants a cup, and he has a better chance in Toronto than most other teams, and definitely better than the Isles, plus he grew up playing in the GTA; who wouldn't play at home?

Tavares gave the Isles a good portion of his career to go nowhere. They don't deserve his talents, similar to McDavid being in Edmonton is dumb as hell. You can't leave a legacy on a shit team. He wants a cup, and he has a better chance in Toronto than most other teams, and definitely better than the Isles, plus he grew up playing in the GTA; who wouldn't play at home?

Creonte detected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back