NHL Post-Season Discussion V.2: Get Your Licks In

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a big leaf fan I'm kind of in shock , biggest free agent signing in recent memory

No if you'll excuse me I have to go help with the statue

I am enjoying being the Evil Empire again. Bring on the hate bitches.

It means he’s disloyal.

He gave them almost a decade and they didnt build around him. He has now changed a team once. He isnt lebron, or kovalchuk.
He stuck it out with them missing the playoffs 6 times. He gave them plenty of loyalty.

How can Tavares be disloyal? He never asked for a trade during his contract, he fulfilled his obligations while producing at franchise 1C level. Then Lou comes in and gets rid of Weight and snow who were both close to Tavares and still fix any glaring holes in goaltending. So the Free Agent went on to something better for himself for reasons he thought is best.

Blame a guy for fulfilling his obligations and partaking in a fair process?

It means he’s disloyal.

no, jabroni, it means he is loyal af to what really matters.

He is home. Where hockey matters. Win here and he is a legend beyond anything he could ever achieve with the Islanders. Even multiple cups there (haha, as if) wouldnt mean as much as 1 here.

Seems like Montreal is going full tank. A couple years too late and without some likely valuable assets that we could have had in return for our vets, but this is correct. When you have the bankroll to afford anyone big fish UFAs are saying ''new phone who dis?'' it's probably past time to start over.

At least rebuilds can happen rather quickly. Nothing wrong with the Habs saying "fuck it, we'll wait till our blue chips are ready" however you are need for a new management team. There's no salary cap on brain power and Montreal has no been investing in their office

I was just going off of the definition from google.

He gave them almost a decade and they didnt build around him. He has now changed a team once. He isnt lebron, or kovalchuk.
He stuck it out with them missing the playoffs 6 times. He gave them plenty of loyalty.

Lol, first, players are under team control, with nothing they can do about it, until they're John's age, or play 7 years in the league. He gave them 2 years that he didn't absolutely have to, and they gave him 44 million dollars. Then the first chance he gets, he bounces so a real #1 overall can win a cup for him, like the bitch ass creonte he is.

The funny thing is, they spent so much time abusing idiot GMs that they might not actually be in too terrible a spot even with Benedict Tavares' bitch move. Beauvillier has to step up as a 2C for them, and Trotz needs to stop the GA bleeding but other than that they're actually a pretty good team. This actually compounds his sliminess.

Toronto cupless for another 7 years: book it.

At least rebuilds can happen rather quickly. Nothing wrong with the Habs saying "fuck it, we'll wait till our blue chips are ready" however you are need for a new management team. There's no salary cap on brain power and Montreal has no been investing in their office

I really do think that Molson is just too cheap to hire a new front office, or that he doesn't have that much control (there were like 10 other investors, Geoff is just the chairman). The prospect pool is in better shape than it's ever been since it had Price, Pacioretty, and Subban. But we do need a few more high picks, and for a few of our prospects to already drafted to pan out.

But even with that Bergevin has shown a shocking lack of critical thinking ability and asset management. Just as an example, the Shaw debacle is now entirely in the books. Here's what left, and here's what came back.

In:

Andrew Shaw for 6 years at 3.9 million (loooool)
2017 58th Overall (Joni Ikonen)
2018 62nd Overall (traded back for Harris and Samuel Houde, after he tried to add this pick to Sergachev for Drouin lol)

Out:

Lars Eller 3.5 million
2016 39th overall (Debrincat)
2016 45th overall (Girard)

What a goddamn fucking mess.

Lol, first, players are under team control, with nothing they can do about it, until they're John's age, or play 7 years in the league. He gave them 2 years that he didn't absolutely have to, and they gave him 44 million dollars. Then the first chance he gets, he bounces so a real #1 overall can win a cup for him, like the bitch ass creonte he is.

The funny thing is, they spent so much time abusing idiot GMs that they might not actually be in too terrible a spot even with Benedict Tavares' bitch move. Beauvillier has to step up as a 2C for them, and Trotz needs to stop the GA bleeding but other than that they're actually a pretty good team. This actually compounds his sliminess.

Toronto cupless for another 7 years: book it.

Your second point doesn't strengthen why he should stay. All the more reason to leave a piss poor run organization. His heart has always been in Toronto, he grew up in the GTA. So he isn't a "creonte" when he is coming home where he belongs.

I don't care if Toronto doesn't win a cup despite that i like watching them win/lose, my team has won 3 of 4 appearances in the last decade, plus the other two in the 90's. That's more than most people will ever watch their team in the moden eras. Isles can enjoy another wasted 7 years to rebuild, and good because em.

Ahhh, yes, more salt please, it sustains meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Your second point doesn't strengthen why he should stay. All the more reason to leave a piss poor run organization. His heart has always been in Toronto, he grew up in the GTA. So he isn't a "creonte" when he is coming home where he belongs.

It's not a piss poor run organization. My point was the exact opposite. They got the Calder trophy winner and Beauvillier for Griffin Reinhart, traded Strome for Eberle, added Noah Dobson and Ruslan Iskhakov to their prospect pool thanks to Calgary's dumb ass GM, and traded waiver fodder for Nick Leddy. They've done really well as of late, and JT still turned his back on them the second he was able to. So it rather contradicts your point that JT had no other choice to leave an organization that did nothing to build around him.

Ahhh, yes, more salt please, it sustains meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Mmmmm, some tears to wash it all down as well.

giphy.gif

Lmao the rustle from that Proko guy is hilarious.

Glad #91 is gonna help bring some cups back to gods team.

Whenever I see Brooks’ name all I think about is Tortorella telling him to GTFO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back