NHL: SJ Sharks get Erik Karlsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
leafs couldnt match 8 million aav and still sign matthews and marner unless they took ungodly cuts. Theres an argument that it may be in the best interest if the leafs look into trades and focus on acquiring immediate D help (they lose Gardiner for sure to free agency) and have room to sign matthews, marner and kapenen while having money to replace all the players the lose on defense this year. I mean, keeping nylander is obviously first choice but december is rapidly approaching

They will match it without question, there is no chance they would let Nylander walk for such a weak return. A sign and trade would be likely in that scenario but allowing him to move for the 8.1 million offer sheet price simply wouldn't happen. Any higher and they let him walk and take the 2 firsts package and then move that for players but Dubas isn't an idiot, he isn't going to let Nylander go for such a paltry return that also doesn't immediately help the Leafs when he can match the offer sheet and then shop him for a defensemen or even look at a like for like type of swap targeting someone like Panarin

Was in Montreal this past week and was shocked at the lack of advertisements for the team. Come to think about it, the only hockey-related stuff I ever saw was a sign at Tim Hortons, and none of the players on them were Habs

Felt odd. Always figured it was a big thing there

only thing I saw much of whilst in Montreal was adverts for strip bars tbh.
(went to a few, WOW)

This Antti Suomela kid has looked like a solid 3C so far this year, nice add as a euro UFA on a ELC

good matchup between Shreks and Preds
doesn't seem like there's any animosity so it's just gonna be about
who plays better hockey

Canadiens have had so many fucking chances lol, finally scoring some in this period, up by 2 now. Good game to tune in to though.

Sticking on the Oilers game now, yer man Crosby and the young fella McDavid are two of the only hockey players I know

Sharks with the cone back win vs the best team in the league

really good tenacity.
didn't give up.
kept putting plays together.
very inspiring.

Pitts needs defense or we are fucked in the yoffs again

That was slick as hell.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-32621-1327086672-14.gif

I know people hate Crosby for various reasons, but they're gonna miss him when he's gone.

I know people hate Crosby for various reasons, but they're gonna miss him when he's gone.

The best player of his generation no matter what the haters think

If he wasn't ravaged by concussions who knows what he could have accomplished. A real tragedy tbh

I think by the time he hangs em up people will have finally come around on him, that seems to be the way it goes

Also for all the McDavid, Matthews, insert your favourite young player here _______ hype going around (and I'm one of the people feeding into it if I'm honest)

Sid just went head to head with both of those guys, and ate Matthews alive in a hard match against his line, then scored a highlight reel winner to beat McDavid

I think McDavid has gotta be the #1 player in the world right now because he's magic every single night and Crosby just can't maintain that on a nightly basis anymore but that showed why the Pens win cups and why the Crosby era isn't totally over yet. In big games where he decides to turn it on, he can still win any matchup against any player or line.

McDavid is the better player right now and that gap is gonna grow over the next few years but for right now, if you let me pick one of the two for a game 7 SCF, I'm taking Sid until proven otherwise. The guy just knows how to win, both individual battles and matchups and overall hockey games

The best player of his generation no matter what the haters think

If he wasn't ravaged by concussions who knows what he could have accomplished. A real tragedy tbh

I think by the time he hangs em up people will have finally come around on him, that seems to be the way it goes
I'm glad he got those two Cups in the last few years, it really helps when people bring up guys like Ovie, Kane, and Toews. I was talking with a friend today about how he has nothing left to prove, he's won it all. It'd be sad to see him go, but his health should come first.

Crosby’s OT winner was nice but Connor McDillon’s end to end shorty to start the Sharks comeback was the GOAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back