NHL: SJ Sharks get Erik Karlsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are still better then the new canes jerseys lmao
Should be like a Winter Classic jersey. The classic Jets jersey has too much history to bring in something like that. Is it at least like a third home?
ya it’s their 3rd

not new permanents

They are still better then the new canes jerseys lmao

ya it’s their 3rd

not new permanents
Then that's fine I think, 3rd homes should be kind of weird. In fact, I wish they'd done more with it. NHL jerseys shouldn't be monochromatic.

Maybe some jets with red streaks on the shoulders, darken the blue a bit, put something to contain the logo a bit.

Surprised Ottawa is keeping this shit.
3d7fb3_9e21373f534b4c6991d706d025210482~mv2.webp

Last edited:
Same. I am probably the only sharks fan living in East coast Canada and I nearly ejaculated upon hearing we got Erik Karlsson and gave up no major Roster players. Pacioretti got more of a return than Erik Karlsson and that is crazy.

Jesus fucking christ.

We will have Burns on 1 pairing for 25 minutes a game and Karlsson on another for 25 minutes a game.

That is nightmarish for opposing coaches to match up against in a way they cannot just line match to deal with. Offensive defensemen of that Caliber tend to tilt the ice the other way regardless of which forwards are on the ice in front of them.

Coaches plan their home ice line matching based on "I want Kopitar covering Thornton's line with Doughty's pairing and Carter covering Couture's line with Doughty and his 2nd partner" since Doughty can play 27-30 minutes a game. But this changes the landscape in unforeseen ways.

Coaches count on the oppositions top offensive Defenseman and top players being tired after a Powerplay and going for a rest on the bench so they can throw out an energy line or rested 2nd line and rest their best defensive Dmen if their top Pkers are their #1 Dman and top two way Center.

If Burns and Karlsson trade up evenly on PP time with even forward lines, one will still be able to come out guns blazing immediately after a Sharks PP with rested forwards while the top checkers are sucking oxygen on the bench.

Will Rangers be able to trade Henrik Lundqvist this season?

Will Rangers be able to trade Henrik Lundqvist this season?
They'd probably get something, but not much. He wasn't the King last season.

Last edited:
Same. I am probably the only sharks fan living in East coast Canada and I nearly ejaculated upon hearing we got Erik Karlsson and gave up no major Roster players. Pacioretti got more of a return than Erik Karlsson and that is crazy.

Jesus fucking christ.

We will have Burns on 1 pairing for 25 minutes a game and Karlsson on another for 25 minutes a game.

That is nightmarish for opposing coaches to match up against in a way they cannot just line match to deal with. Offensive defensemen of that Caliber tend to tilt the ice the other way regardless of which forwards are on the ice in front of them.

Coaches plan their home ice line matching based on "I want Kopitar covering Thornton's line with Doughty's pairing and Carter covering Couture's line with Doughty and his 2nd partner" since Doughty can play 27-30 minutes a game. But this changes the landscape in unforeseen ways.

Coaches count on the oppositions top offensive Defenseman and top players being tired after a Powerplay and going for a rest on the bench so they can throw out an energy line or rested 2nd line and rest their best defensive Dmen if their top Pkers are their #1 Dman and top two way Center.

If Burns and Karlsson trade up evenly on PP time with even forward lines, one will still be able to come out guns blazing immediately after a Sharks PP with rested forwards while the top checkers are sucking oxygen on the bench.
Your a Sharks fan?Have you ever heard of Captain Half Beard!?

Can't say I have heard that one. We call Pavelski little Joe or Captain America lol
Lol...he's actually one of those season ticket holders that really, really commit to supporting his team.I guess he's not as well known to all Sharks fans as I thought.I only ask because I work with his son.https://goo.gl/images/8hHmZn

Lol...he's actually one of those season ticket holders that really, really commit to supporting his team.I guess he's not as well known to all Sharks fans as I thought.I only ask because I work with his son.https://goo.gl/images/8hHmZn
Well, I live in Halifax NS so I guess that would be more a question for Bay area fellows

I think they should shorten the season to just 70 games. Give everyone the month of September off. Start the preseason beginning Oct, and the start of season mid Oct. Hockey is suppose to be a winter sport. I not oppose to shortening season to even 60 games and starting in November.

Hockey is a hard game, and extra month off will make the fewer games more action packed. Do you remember the last time they had the lockout and the short season? So many come from late tying goals, and exciting overtimes. Its because the players were fresher.

Hoffman was sent to Florida by Wilson because he was playing the long game knowing Hoffman's wife and Karlsson's wife want to be on opposite sides of the continent and the beaches are nicer in San Jose.

BWAHAHAHA

Tavares already owning the dumpster fire Sens

Yes it's only the pre-season squad, but let's be real here... the Sens opening night lineup is still basically an AHL team

Tavares already owning the dumpster fire Sens

Yes it's only the pre-season squad, but let's be real here... the Sens opening night lineup is still basically an AHL team

I called it a glorified OHL team...but yeah, they are going to be really, really bad and Colorado is going to win that lotto pick

Seriously, after the hall and karlsson trades being a gm is not nearly as hard of a job as it should be

I tried doing a reasonable facsimile of the ottawa / sj trade on NHL 18 and the AI pretty much laughed at me

I think they should shorten the season to just 70 games. Give everyone the month of September off. Start the preseason beginning Oct, and the start of season mid Oct. Hockey is suppose to be a winter sport. I not oppose to shortening season to even 60 games and starting in November.

Hockey is a hard game, and extra month off will make the fewer games more action packed. Do you remember the last time they had the lockout and the short season? So many come from late tying goals, and exciting overtimes. Its because the players were fresher.

Agreed. There is a lot of dead hockey in the new year. Maybe 50 games in there's usually one, maybe two races that are at all interesting. I'd rather have a shorter regular season, and more balls to the wall playoffs.

Agreed. There is a lot of dead hockey in the new year. Maybe 50 games in there's usually one, maybe two races that are at all interesting. I'd rather have a shorter regular season, and more balls to the wall playoffs.

I think they need to have so many games because a a lot of ice rinks are converted basketball arenas. The seating amount shrinks when you convert. That make the seats more expensive, and most people can only watch so many games. If they have more games making the seats cheaper, more people will come to game, and they make more at the end of season.

I dont really know what I am talking about, but that is my theory nonetheless.

I want more hockey, not less. Give them 162 game season, and let them roid as much as they want to help with recovery (and sick gainz).

G'damn I already know the bandwagon of new leaf fans in the city is going to piss me off. Where were you asshats during the Ferguson years??

Who cares about them.

I've been walking around with an erection the last 20 hrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back