Ni No Kuni 2 is the best game so far in 2018

Lvnvmma

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This game is JRPG perfection. The city building aspect of the game is incredibly fun and addicting.

After I finished Berseria I want to start this or finish legend of heroes. My only issue with this game is I heard the combat is really easy.

After I finished Berseria I want to start this or finish legend of heroes. My only issue with this game is I heard the combat is really easy.

I was hoping the combat would get deeper as the game progressed, but you essentially can just mash combos and steamroll most enemies.

My only other complaint is the end game is completely lacking. they allow you to continue on after the last boss bit there is no suitable area to grind out experience. then there isn't thing to do after you get leveled up. there is an areas called the dreamers maze that get progressively harder the deeper you go. The last maze is like 30 floors and when you finally get to the end, the boss is just another easy recycled boss you've fought a few times before in previous dreamers maze.

The main draw of the mazes is to get rare materials for the best weapons, but when you finally get them there isn't much to use them on.

I was hoping the combat would get deeper as the game progressed, but you essentially can just mash combos and steamroll most enemies.

My only other complaint is the end game is completely lacking. they allow you to continue on after the last boss bit there is no suitable area to grind out experience. then there isn't thing to do after you get leveled up. there is an areas called the dreamers maze that get progressively harder the deeper you go. The last maze is like 30 floors and when you finally get to the end, the boss is just another easy recycled boss you've fought a few times before in previous dreamers maze.

The main draw of the mazes is to get rare materials for the best weapons, but when you finally get them there isn't much to use them on.

The end game stuff doesn't bother me at all. I almost never get involved in end game content when beating a game. My only concern is the difficulty and after some googling I found that on PC (which is the version I will get) they've found a way to use a cheat engine to make it harder. I think I'm going to plays through the legend of heroes series first in the hopes that it gets patched with a hard mode eventually. If it doesn't I can just use the cheat engine more maybe there will be an official mode by then.

Ni No Kuni II was bad. Little voice acting, no challenge, terrible main character and very little content story wise so they drag out the length by forcing you to recruit helpers doing boring fetch quests. Biggest disappointment of 2018 for me.