Nicco Montano not scared of Valentina Shevchenko

Nicco needs to believe in herself, she's 5-0 against the UFC's top 15, while Val is 0-1.
giphy.gif

Well you're ignoring Nicco's wins against Murphy, Honchak and DelaRosa ..... Sure those are classed as exhibitions, but only because the results aren't published immediately, otherwise they're fought under the auspices of the NSAC, like any other Vegas fights.

The TUF fights are very different than full on fights. They are two rounds, the fighters dont get to train for them, nor do they have access to any of their coaches.

Meanwhile Val's mma record could easily be considered as 5-3 if you ignore wins over unknowns in Central Asia and South America.

You're going full retard here. This is like saying let's ignore Nicco's entire career because she hasnt fought anyone and call her 0-0

Btw Montano is officially 4-2 not 3-2 as a pro and has been competing in mma for coming up to 5 years.

Yeah my bad, I got the record wrong. But she turned pro 3 years ago and is very inexperienced compared to Val, nor has she looked as good against lesser competition.

You can talk up for Nicco in a sensible way instead of going full retard here. You could have said something like "She is most likely going to lose to Val but I think she is legit and will have a good career." Instead you're posting nonsense when both you and I have Val winning this fight.

<36>

Fighters do not change overnight. Let's take Rose for example, she was at about the same place Nicco is now when she lost her TUF Finale fight to Esparza. As in shitty footwork, poor balance, can't throw combos without tripping over her own feet. It took her until the Karolina fight before she could throw a combo without breaking her stance, that's what, 2 years and 4 fights before she got her basics sorted out and I'd argue that she was a more talented fighter at the start of her career than Nicco is. She's also at the same gym that Condit started out at so I doubt fundamentals are something that's heavily emphasized there, and she needs them, badly.

As for Valentina's fight against Kaufman, that fight was only close because one of the judges was the lovechild of Adelaide Byrde and Cecil Peoples, either that or he was as dumb as you are. And the Carmouche fight was a questionable cut stoppage.
To add to your points:

-Namajunas' boxing improved as a result of getting more training in with Trevor Wittman, who happens to come from boxing. She's definitely improved by leaps and bounds, though she still needs improvement in the clinch and her cardio, both of which got exposed in the Karolina fight.

-Carmouche did an illegal upkick against Shevchenko which resulted in a cut and the doctor stopped the fight after examining it.

As for Valentina's fight against Kaufman, that fight was only close because one of the judges was the lovechild of Adelaide Byrde and Cecil Peoples, either that or he was as dumb as you are. And the Carmouche fight was a questionable cut stoppage.
Where I did insult you?

Fighters do not change overnight. Let's take Rose for example, she was at about the same place Nicco is now when she lost her TUF Finale fight to Esparza. As in shitty footwork, poor balance, can't throw combos without tripping over her own feet. It took her until the Karolina fight before she could throw a combo without breaking her stance, that's what, 2 years and 4 fights before she got her basics sorted out and I'd argue that she was a more talented fighter at the start of her career than Nicco is. She's also at the same gym that Condit started out at so I doubt fundamentals are something that's heavily emphasized there, and she needs them, badly.

And let us not forget to mention (I know you are aware) that Shevchenko was on vacation in Bali and took the Kaufman fight on eight days notice. And when comparing Nicco to Sarah, some people seem to forget the size difference.

To add to your points:

-Namajunas' boxing improved as a result of getting more training in with Trevor Wittman, who happens to come from boxing. She's definitely improved by leaps and bounds, though she still needs improvement in the clinch and her cardio, both of which got exposed in the Karolina fight.

-Carmouche did an illegal upkick against Shevchenko which resulted in a cut and the doctor stopped the fight after examining it.

And Rose has had training time with Shevchenko, which certainly did not hurt. Good training partners (or the lack thereof) can make or break a fighter.

You're going full retard here. This is like saying let's ignore Nicco's entire career because she hasnt fought anyone and call her 0-0

Montano hasn't fought anybody? So in your world Roxy, Murphy, Honchak, DelaRosa, Avila, Dobson and Sorensen don't exist - although even Dobson and DelaRosa have wins in the UFC and Murphy and Honchak are former Invicta champs. Sure Val has some really great wins and some notable losses and of course she's a MT great but like I said, most of her MMA record is against unknowns.

If people on here were actually saying stuff like "She is most likely going to lose to Val but I think she is legit and will have a good career." fine, but they're not and I haven't noticed you calling anyone out on the bullshit.

Btw as you can't even get basic facts correct I'd go easy on calling people with a different point of view retards.

Val beat the only person (holm) who has given cyborg a fight (to an extent), Val with a bit less naivety would be 135lb champ, at 125 she will not be beaten, I have never been so sure in my life

I feel like she could fight cyborg and it go to a decision, she is that good

So did Meisha
So did Germaine
And it could be argued that both Pennington and Reneau deserved to beat holm as well.

So did Meisha
So did Germaine
And it could be argued that both Pennington and Reneau deserved to beat holm as well.

I just meant considering Val is way undersized at 135, the fact she could have been champ with a more clever gameplan

im not saying only she beat Holly like, probably should have added a bit more context

And let us not forget to mention (I know you are aware) that Shevchenko was on vacation in Bali and took the Kaufman fight on eight days notice. And when comparing Nicco to Sarah, some people seem to forget the size difference.

As replacement for GDR, so Kaufmann got one week to prepare for new oponnent, also, she was 1-1-1 in UFC back then with loss against Alexis Davis (2nd round submission), split loss against Jessica Eye (yes Jessica Eye,later NC ) and split decision win over Leslie Smith. Kaufman was removed from UFC roster after this fight.

Nicco has hardly beaten late replacement Roxanne TheNerdyMMASoundsCoolLetsTryItNotHotGirlNextDoor Modafferi. Anyone thinking Nicco will win this is either trolling or an complete idiot. Even white belts shouldn't be so dumb.

Nicco has hardly beaten late replacement Roxanne TheNerdyMMASoundsCoolLetsTryItNotHotGirlNextDoor Modafferi. Anyone thinking Nicco will win this is either trolling or an complete idiot. Even white belts shouldn't be so dumb.
Name a fighter who wouldn't have a hard time fighting with a broken bone in their foot.

Esparza was the favourite because no one knew how good Claudia was back then. They saw Joanna get a clean decision over Lima (decent journeyman fighter) then struggle in a close fight against Claudia where she got taken down a bunch of times. The assumption was that Carla had better wrestling than Claudia, and would thus be able to grind out Joanna and take the win. However, it was pointed out by people who actually understand wrestling that Carla is actually a shit wrestler compared to Claudia, and the smart folks were not surprised at all when Esparza got wrecked.

Part of the reason Esparza was the favorite is that Joanna's TDD improved astronomically between fights, which no one knew. She went from being easily taken down by Lima to put up a fight against Claudia's takedown attempts to deny all but one from Carla in just 3 fights.

I wouldn't say she is a shit wrestler. She is a weaker and less efficient wrestler than Gadelha, but so is 90% of that division. If you put a non-elite fighter in front of her like Lima, Moroz or Rawlings she will be persistent with her wrestling, which is also not the christmas of technique, and eventually mop the floor with them

Part of the reason Esparza was the favorite is that Joanna's TDD improved astronomically between fights, which no one knew. She went from being easily taken down by Lima to put up a fight against Claudia's takedown attempts to deny all but one from Carla in just 3 fights.

I wouldn't say she is a shit wrestler. She is a weaker and less efficient wrestler than Gadelha, but so is 90% of that division. If you put a non-elite fighter in front of her like Lima, Moroz or Rawlings she will be persistent with her wrestling, which is also not the christmas of technique, and eventually mop the floor with them
Not to mention, Gadelha comes in with a big size/strength advantage over most of the division after making a big weight cut, compared to Esparza who is small for the division and keeps her weight very close to fighting weight.

Back