Nicco Montano Removed from Official UFC Rankings

She should get fight Joanna since Joanna had to take that L to save that division.

If she is indeed cut then I've never seen someone mess up their career this badly and so quickly, fascinating.

They handed her a shiny belt I'll give you that

But no, she was never a real champion she won a season of TUF with all the extenuating circumstances that provides and then got destroyed in her first "defence"

She was awarded a title as a gimmick to sell a reality show not as a result of being the best fighter in the division
She went in the show as the Invicta champ and won a tournament against solid competition to earn her title. She happened to beat the current champ to win it btw.

She went in the show as the Invicta champ and won a tournament against solid competition to earn her title. She happened to beat the current champ to win it btw.

She beat Valentina?

I’m incredibly out of the loop with this division.

And I don’t say that in a sarcastic manner at all.

It’s the UFC way of saying that if you aren’t gonna fight and can’t provide reasonable updates on injuries as well as when you actually plan to fight again then they aren’t gonna deal with you. And rightfully so! Nick isn’t a star, doesn’t have the skill to compete at an elite level, at least yet, and dropped out of her big fight with Shevchenko. She’s probably still claiming her tonsillectomy is fucking with her or is having other complications. UFC doesn’t play those games especially for someone who has 1 fight in the octagon

This. I don't like the girl either, but by what standards does this company operate by nowadays? Is it really based completely on the emotions of the president? Completely unprofessional. This isn't the worst thing the UFC has ever done, but fans should be alarmed about things to come.

It's weird that you can go from UFC champion, TUF winner and 6fig contract, to being kicked off the rankings (and cut?) In a little over 1 year while GDR can stay ranked and inactive, not to mention fan favorites like Nate and Dom. Maybe it's because shevchenko has no interest in fighting her anymore.

GDR at least does fight and has solid creds in MT, so she can draw interest. This chick ain't got none of that.

Sherdog is great place to go if you are having too good of a day, you can come on here, read all the endless negative comments and hate, and make your day feel normal again.

Good riddance. Their is no reason they should be handing out titles through TUF anymore

I am not a fan of her, but this bashing is too harsh. She is a fighter, give her some credit for winning the competition.

bd5f85e1d639ee76354d9d8c6a860b11--troll-dolls-vintage-dolls.jpg
I been looking for this shit FOREVA!!! Thanks. I knew I saw her somewhere when I was small.

It’s the UFC way of saying that if you aren’t gonna fight and can’t provide reasonable updates on injuries as well as when you actually plan to fight again then they aren’t gonna deal with you. And rightfully so! Nick isn’t a star, doesn’t have the skill to compete at an elite level, at least yet, and dropped out of her big fight with Shevchenko. She’s probably still claiming her tonsillectomy is fucking with her or is having other complications. UFC doesn’t play those games especially for someone who has 1 fight in the octagon
OK man, just pay attention and watch.

And I'm definitely not sticking up for Nick or Nate. I'm done with those guys. My problem is more with guys like the treatment of guys like Tyron Woodley and Tony Ferguson.

She was 21 and had 3 fights lol

Dennis Bermudez beat Max Holloway in a similar situation, they didn't hand him a belt for it though

Alot of it has to do with Sherdoggers just liking Valentina so much

She lost to Amanda but got close (some even argue that she won)

So they wanted to hand her the belt as soon as Nicco won TUF

The world we live in now days, everyone gets a trophy.

Or it has to do with Nicco pulling out several time or refusing to fight Val?
Or the fact Nicco started to claim Val was afraid of her..

"
On Monday, speaking with Luke Thomas on The MMA Hour, Montaño said Shevchenko’s lucky guess wasn’t because she truly believed Montaño would not fight. Montaño said she feels Shevchenko was only saying that because it was her hope.

“I think she lives in la-la land for a reason,” Montaño said. “I think she really wanted that to happen. Unless she’s another Miss Cleo and she could have another side job and she’s good at that. But I think she was hoping for it, I think she’s a little scared to fight somebody like me. I think deep down she was really hoping for it, hoping this fight wouldn’t happen, so she could have more ammo to be a cyber bully and she wouldn’t have to face me in the Octagon.”

She beat Valentina?

I’m incredibly out of the loop with this division.

And I don’t say that in a sarcastic manner at all.
Referring to Carla Esparza, who beat Rose to win the 115 belt.

OK man, just pay attention and watch.

And I'm definitely not sticking up for Nick or Nate. I'm done with those guys. My problem is more with guys like the treatment of guys like Tyron Woodley and Tony Ferguson.

Bro, did you respond to the wrong person? I didn't make any mention of Diaz brothers and didn't make any mention of Woodley or Ferguson? lol just curious

Or it has to do with Nicco pulling out several time or refusing to fight Val?
Or the fact Nicco started to claim Val was afraid of her..

"
On Monday, speaking with Luke Thomas on The MMA Hour, Montaño said Shevchenko’s lucky guess wasn’t because she truly believed Montaño would not fight. Montaño said she feels Shevchenko was only saying that because it was her hope.

“I think she lives in la-la land for a reason,” Montaño said. “I think she really wanted that to happen. Unless she’s another Miss Cleo and she could have another side job and she’s good at that. But I think she was hoping for it, I think she’s a little scared to fight somebody like me. I think deep down she was really hoping for it, hoping this fight wouldn’t happen, so she could have more ammo to be a cyber bully and she wouldn’t have to face me in the Octagon.”
And this

I am not a fan of her, but this bashing is too harsh. She is a fighter, give her some credit for winning the competition.

By beating Modafari b/c the other chick missed weight? She wouldn't get so much hate if she manned up and fought Shev, win or lose or decimated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back