Nicco Montano Removed from Official UFC Rankings

Nicco Montana was a scam as much as WMMA shills tried to deny

I think the UFC realized their mistake pretty quickly ... you don't hand out championship belts to someone that wins an amateur competition in a new division :S

It'd be better to have no champion for a couple years, than a bad champion.

By beating Modafari b/c the other chick missed weight? She wouldn't get so much hate if she manned up and fought Shev, win or lose or decimated.

She knew that. She was running from Shevchenko so hard. She was, most likely, desperately hoping that Valentina pulled out of that fight.

Bro, did you respond to the wrong person? I didn't make any mention of Diaz brothers and didn't make any mention of Woodley or Ferguson? lol just curious
Yeah I messed up on the Nick one, I thought you meant Diaz. On the post you quoted I mentioned that I don't care very much for Nico, just don't like the way UFC has been making their decisions lately. So I brought up those guys to strengthen that argument. UFC fucks their fighters without repercussion and as a fan it's hard to watch.

She's not cut, yet, but inactive for a year and without a fight scheduled.

UFC picks and chooses who they remove from the rankings after a year of inactivity.

Yeah I messed up on the Nick one, I thought you meant Diaz. On the post you quoted I mentioned that I don't care very much for Nico, just don't like the way UFC has been making their decisions lately. So I brought up those guys to strengthen that argument. UFC fucks their fighters without repercussion and as a fan it's hard to watch.

Oh ok, and yea I agree man they do treat some of their bigger talent poorly. The way Dana acts towards Woodley who fought 4 fucking title fights in one year is insane. If Dana doesn't like you, he just doesn't like you. But really, who in their right mind actually likes Dana? Not many people that I know of. But, as far as Montano, if she really has been cut, which I don't believe so, I think she just hasn't been active for over a year now and continues to put off any type of comeback fight so the UFC removed her from the rankings. But lets be real, all she has to do is win one fight and she will be top 5 again lol.

Oh ok, and yea I agree man they do treat some of their bigger talent poorly. The way Dana acts towards Woodley who fought 4 fucking title fights in one year is insane. If Dana doesn't like you, he just doesn't like you. But really, who in their right mind actually likes Dana? Not many people that I know of. But, as far as Montano, if she really has been cut, which I don't believe so, I think she just hasn't been active for over a year now and continues to put off any type of comeback fight so the UFC removed her from the rankings. But lets be real, all she has to do is win one fight and she will be top 5 again lol.
Yeah man my argument was never in defense of Nico, but the UFC's treatment of their talent in general. Didn't know it had been over a year for Nico though, guess I should've looked into it before posting. Doesn't it usually take 12 calendar months to get removed from the rankings? Yeah man for sure, I highly doubt she reaches the top again. Very green fighter. Anyone who isn't a Valentina hater knows she ducked.

Or it has to do with Nicco pulling out several time or refusing to fight Val?
Or the fact Nicco started to claim Val was afraid of her..
Pulling out several times?
Refusing to fight?

I follow her on Instagram since TUF began, she was injured and doing rehab the whole time

But again, people like Valentina, maybe she is better looking or whatever so that changes facts

But Nicco pulled out once, when she was hospitalized

She was 21 and had 3 fights lol

Dennis Bermudez beat Max Holloway in a similar situation, they didn't hand him a belt for it though
I think your confused. I was talking about Carla Esparza not Nicco.

Back