Nicco's public statement is genuinely extraordinary

I'm not fat, I'm just metabolically impaired.
Deal with it!

How many generations has it been now, nobody alive today fucked with the native Americans. Fucking people I swear to god

Other than disregarding treaties signed by the US government, taking all the good land and giving them some absolutely shitty land, yeah.

Just because it's "part of her job" doesn't mean she should DIE doing it, right? I agree that she should move up in weight if she can't cut it safely in her next fight but in this situation this "hardass" attitude is not appropriate. It was a health issue and health should always come first, no matter what. It is frustrating for a fight to get cancelled but we should understand that she couldn't do anything more in this situation. The human body isn't a machine which will function the same way always. Some more understanding guys... Ease up is all i'm saying.
I can't figure out if this is a troll post or just dumb.

Just realized she wanted to fight in October, lol you don't say Nicco. Can't stand this chick.

not sure if it's intentional, but she's a genius if this whole thing is on purpose, because even with not fighting, her status within mma has grown tremendously with all this controversy. people will now want to either see her lose, or win. and that means the ufc will want to put her into big fights.

Then she verbally attacked MMA journalist's masculinity and even took a jab at his heterosexuality.

I really hope you dont mean Ariel Helwani. The shit instigator nr.1 who blatantly lied about her to get some more clicks. Helwani is not a journalist. He is a dramaqueen who creates TMZ like stories in the mma community.

To be fair womens MMA doesn't have that depth of a talent pool to warrant 3 divisions. The Flyweight champ was 4-2 beating Roxanne Modaferri. Valentina was a complete mismatch for Nicco, not surprised she had ducked

It's not a Nicco thing, it's what almost everyone in her generation genuinely believes and says every day. But it does warm my heart to see people see through it all instead of caving to it for once. There's been far too much caving. Every day I fervently send my desire for the tide to turn out into the universe. Maybe it's finally working.

If a male fighter who was 4-2 won his belt off beating scrubs on a TUF show, then in his first defense almost a year later and he can't make weight. He'd be stripped too and would be receiving the exact same reaction Montano is getting.
Are you sure this is not all happening because Nicco is Native American and UFC is just being racist to her like she claims?

<{Heymansnicker}>

If I got a dime for every time a Mexican says they are Native American, I would be rich AF.

I really hope you dont mean Ariel Helwani. The shit instigator nr.1 who blatantly lied about her to get some more clicks. Helwani is not a journalist. He is a dramaqueen who creates TMZ like stories in the mma community.

What did he lie about?

He reported the UFC was getting impatient with her. Now she's claiming they forced her to fight in September. That just proves he was right.

Are you sure this is not all happening because Nicco is Native American and UFC is just being racist to her like she claims?

<{Heymansnicker}>

If I got a dime for every time a Mexican says they are Native American, I would be rich AF.

Most Mexicans do have Native American heritage. For fucks sake Sherdog is retarded 80% of the time smh.

Most Mexicans do have Native American heritage. For fucks sake Sherdog is retarded 80% of the time smh.
They do, yes, but own being Mexican. Many Irish have Viking and Spanish blood but you don't see them going around saying they are Spanish Vikings. From a business standpoint too, way better to market yourself to the Mexican PPV buying fight market (which is huge) rather than a Native American one. Montano has Elizabeth Warren Syndrome.

What did he lie about?

He reported the UFC was getting impatient with her. Now she's claiming they forced her to fight in September. That just proves he was right.

no it doesnt.

just because at a certain point they said "no, you are recovered, you can fight in september", doesnt mean that at the point Ariel claimed it it was correct..

thats the funny thing about time, it passes.. what was correct in July may not have been correct in April..

on MMAHour shes told Luke Thomas all this was being filmed for a documentary, so they have recordings of everything.

that will give a much better picture of what happened

They do, yes, but own being Mexican. Many Irish have Viking and Spanish blood but you don't see them going around saying they are Spanish Vikings. From a business standpoint too, way better to market yourself to the Mexican PPV buying fight market (which is huge) rather than a Native American one. Montano has Elizabeth Warren Syndrome.

You've literally just inspired me to refer to myself as a Spanish Viking from now on. It sounds a whole lot better than just being a white guy, and instead of thinking I'm a member of an exclusive privileged elitist club who sits around with the others cackling evilly as we brainstorm new ways to oppress everyone else, people will just think I'm weird. Weird people generally aren't considered default bigots. It's brilliant, BRILLIANT I tell you! :)

Whatever. She's cagefighter, not a tenured professor.

How many generations has it been now, nobody alive today fucked with the native Americans. Fucking people I swear to god
Ridiculous. Not the place to get into it.

"We beat their asses so they lose - so whinge, whinge, moan, moan - you lost so you suffer now" is a more respectable statement. But this "you're not affected by your lineage and their options" is just disingenuous nonsense.

But SD is not the place to get into it.

You can't exist in MMA world and not instigate something. Some fighters will get mad at literally anything. Ask about weight - they get mad. Ask about losses - they get mad.
Ariel was trying to focus on new, unknown division and in proccess got under the skin of the champion.

Obviously, it's easy to attack Ariel and not Valentina, cause the latter will break you in half, while Ariel will smile politely and invite you to his small studio for a talk show. It's no-brainer.

Btw, Ariel, despite being not on the best terms with the UFC, still guessed right in the end. When Dana was asked about Nicco - he basically said regarding Nicco "You should go elsewhere". UFC is not happy with Nicco, that's a fact.

I am sorry, she had to go through major health issues and Ariel should apologize for ignoring facts about her surgeries and reporting something wrong. But otherwise - he pretty much guessed everything right. UFC was having hard time making a fight involving Nicco.

Back