Nick Newell has a lot of star potential

My messed up fantasy fight would be Newell vs. Tra Telligman. It would be like some weird scene from the 1932 movie 'the freaks'

the fact that nick newell fights and is cleared by state commissions to fight in sanctioned bouts shows MMA is a joke

the guy has a clear & obvious disadvantage - there's a reason real sports have a special olympics
This is one of the stupidest posts I have ever read, and that's saying something.

First of all, you mean Paralympics, not Special Olympics, which are for retarded people like yourself.

Secondly, Nick Newell is 14-1 and obviously a competent fighter, disability or not. To say he shouldn't be allowed to fight is idiotic and bigoted.

I think you are just insecure and uncomfortable with the fact that a guy with one hand could destroy you in a fair fight.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

fucking hell, I think the thread has to pretty much be officially about these gifs now..

w
This guy has what it takes to be a big star in the UFC. It's something fresh since it's a very clear disability.

If you have no idea who I am talking about, this is Nick Newell.

20151018082833_1DX_3694.JPG

He is currently 14-1, with his only loss coming from top ranked Justin Gaethje. He is a finisher with 9 subs and 2 knockouts, 3 decisions. He will be on Dana White's Contender Series tonight.

His XFC championship victory (a smaller promotion) garnered 1.9 million views.

Compare this to Conor McGregor's highest rated pre-ufc promotion fight of 2.2 million, mind you a lot of those views come post-ufc, Nick hasn't even entered the UFC yet.

He uses a modified rear naked choke using his arm stump to prevent handfighting (making it much more difficult to escape), in otherwords, he turns his disability into a strength. That's an easy sell right there, MMA is one of the only major sports where a one armed person could have a chance. If he is able to rack up some wins I can definitely see this being a hot prospect.

well that loss tonight aint helping. That's hind sight. And a loss shouldn't define your career. But what's next for him? Go back down and build back up?

Also, is it possible that the half arm could help him in some aspects? He seems to be able to choke well. Granted it doesn't help his striking, i'm wondering if some bjj guys could tell me if that short arm can help him with guillotines and rnc's? Also, since an arm weights about 10lbs for a guy his size, i'm assuming he's got about 5-6lbs extra in his frame. That allows him to be "bigger" in a sense. Let's take his current fight weight of 155 and then add that arm back into the equation...now he's 160ish. If he had a full arm, he would then have to slim down an extra 5 lbs to make 155. So that leads me to believe he's slightly bigger than most of his opponents in terms of mass in his torso and legs.. Do yal get what i'm saying?

w

well that loss tonight aint helping. That's hind sight. And a loss shouldn't define your career. But what's next for him? Go back down and build back up?

Also, is it possible that the half arm could help him in some aspects? He seems to be able to choke well. Granted it doesn't help his striking, i'm wondering if some bjj guys could tell me if that short arm can help him with guillotines and rnc's? Also, since an arm weights about 10lbs for a guy his size, i'm assuming he's got about 5-6lbs extra in his frame. That allows him to be "bigger" in a sense. Let's take his current fight weight of 155 and then add that arm back into the equation...now he's 160ish. If he had a full arm, he would then have to slim down an extra 5 lbs to make 155. So that leads me to believe he's slightly bigger than most of his opponents in terms of mass in his torso and legs.. Do yal get what i'm saying?

You're saying he has a size advantage?

How does the eye poke rule work for him? His nub is pointy.

the fact that nick newell fights and is cleared by state commissions to fight in sanctioned bouts shows MMA is a joke

the guy has a clear & obvious disadvantage - there's a reason real sports have a special olympics

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-25_0-15-12.gif
    upload_2018-7-25_0-15-12.gif
    944.8 KB · Views: 4
How anyone can find humor in something like this is beyond me.

To be fair, we did immediately shoop Cormier after he lost in a heartbreaking fashion.

Sherdog is full of straight savages.

Sometimes I hate it, sometimes I love it

Wow, he sure has a lot of star-potential.
lmfao

You're saying he has a size advantage?
Think of it this way, the other fighters have 155lbs throughout their whole body (2 arms, 2 legs), newell has it throughout 2 legs and a 1 arm or so yet he's still hat 155. Wouldn't you assume that if they both weigh in the same newell possible is a little bigger in the rest of his body. Not trying to push an agenda here just something I thought of and I noticed he looked a little bigger.

Back