Nick Newell - Tell me what YOU think

PlatinumAmerican

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Thanks for clicking wish I could make a poll but I’m curious -

A) Could Nick Newell win his UFC debut against any signed 170 pound fighter, excluding CM Punk or Mike Jackson?

B) Are his opponents psychologically impacted by his injury/condition - even subconsciously is it possible that if he locks in a RNC that they just give it to him because of some kind of thought like “damn, Dude only has one hand, he got here he earned the win”

I am not trying to be rude at all I’m genuinely curious - obviously the “B” section of this thread will be scrutinized but do you think these are ridiculous notions or very possible?

He could be a scrub in the ufc. He needs to still improve and have impressive wins. His story isn't enough for the big leagues

A.

If B is the situation than that fighter should switch professions.

Isn't he still a lw?
Either way I think he rear naked's Conor.

A.

If B is the situation than that fighter should switch professions.
Yea that’s fair but still it’s kind of an odd situation but still a whole training camp to prepare mentally....

A) highly doubt it, no
B) probably yes

That's why the ufc will never sign him. If he beats any fighter, it'll make said fighter look really bad. Losing to a handicapped guy would be career suicide. If a fighter beats him, people will hate him for punching a guy with one arm. At the end of the day, he was supossed to beat him right? It's a lose-lose situation (unless nick had a conor-like persona or some shit like that, but he's not that type of guy as far as im concerned)

He seriously needs to be careful, if someone broke his right arm, how would he wipe his ass?

He made it out of the first round with Gaehtje. That's pretty impressive. If he'd hung around for another good minute he would have lasted longer than MJ. His grappling is pretty on point actually. I'm not very educated on bottom of the barrel fighters these days, but I wouldn't be surprised if they could scrape up some one dimensional striker you've never heard of for him to choke out.

A) highly doubt it, no
B) probably yes

That's why the ufc will never sign him. If he beats any fighter, it'll make said fighter look really bad. Losing to a handicapped guy would be career suicide. If a fighter beats him, people will hate him for punching a guy with one arm. At the end of the day, he was supossed to beat him right? It's a lose-lose situation (unless nick had a conor-like persona or some shit like that, but he's not that type of guy as far as im concerned)
Dang that’s such a good point. I think you might be spot on

The guy said he would prove he could fight.

He's doing that.

If he does prove it I think he'll be treated as any other fighter....minus the obvious gameplan strategy

Newell is legit. Sure, probably not champion material, but he could fuck some guys in the UFC up.

I'm a Newell fan but I think he would end up eating a brutal head kick.

OH SHIT, I didn't even think about that.

Lol, at least he has a pretty cute wife to suck him off.
fight.jpg

Back