Nick Newell Vs Greg Hardy (the schaub poll)

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Schaub, in his quest to low key attack dana white, proposed a poll regarding who the UFC should have gotten behind and invested/promoted: Nick Newell or Greg Hardy.

He is saying that Dana is stupid for focusing too much on Greg Hardy, while not even allowing Nick in the UFC.
That Greg is a bad person and he wouldnt piss on him if he was on fire (his words) and Nick is a great story, about overcoming problems and by being different could create more interest, attract more attention, etc...

He goes more in depth and makes his argument in the video (cued) if you want to see his complete reasoning.

Id be curious to see what you guys think. Which fighter would have better drawing potential? Is dana an idiot when picking fighters to be potential draws?

Last edited:
dislike him all you want but kind of hard to disagree with him on the topic

Anyone else hate it when Brendan talks with his hands flat up outreached. Or when he rubs his face, especially when Rogan is talking to him?

I feel like LA can make people gay

I thought this was gonna be TS claiming Newell would beat Hardy

Schaub would 'bet his life' that Newell outsells Hardy in the UFC.

Someone please take that bet.

That said, I would like to see Nick in the UFC. But Schaub did a horrific job of making the argument by comparing him to Hardy.

FFS, just say if fucking CM Punk can fight twice in the UFC, Nick Newell should be able to fight once.

I'm a big supporter of Nick Newell, but if he wanted to fight in the UFC he probably should have won his fight.

Hopefully he gets another chance.

Not gonna listen cuz is Shaub, but didn't Newell lost his fight?

Much rather have Hardy ,I'd want Hardy on a main card eventually. Nick seems like a nice guy but I wouldn't pay to see him fight. Unless he just started knocking alot of people out and just went on a real tear.

The UFC pushed Matt Hamil pretty hard, in fact they financed the biography movie about him.

They also are big supporters of Little People fighting...

That said Newell is a problem to promote. If he loses a fight, it looks like the UFC are promoting a freakshow fight by having "normal" fighters beat up cripples.

Don't get me wrong, I think Newell should get a shot, but the UFC's reluctance is partly justified.

Schaub, in his quest to low key attack dana white, proposed a poll regarding who the UFC should have gotten behind and invested/promoted: Nick Newell or Greg Hardy.

He is saying that Dana is stupid for focusing too much on Greg Hardy, while not even allowing Nick in the UFC.
That Greg is a bad person and he wouldnt piss on him if he was on fire (his words) and Nick is a great story, about overcoming problems and by being different could create more interest, attract more attention, etc...

He goes more in depth and makes his argument in the video (cued) if you want to see his complete reasoning.

Id be curious to see what you guys think. Which fighter would have better drawing potential? Is dana an idiot when picking fighters to be potential draws?

I dont have any serious problems with Newell not being in the ufc. Serious fans appreciate him but Dana's excuse of getting flack from casuals about a handicap guy is a legitimate concern. Newell also lost pretty decisively on the contender series.
I also dont have issue with Greg Hardy as long as he keeps his nose clean this time around

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 5-y&geo=US&q=/m/04jbyw_,/m/0hrg8z8

Schaub is still recovering from the butthurt that's all. 10x more people will flock to see Greg Hardy either kicking ass or getting his ass kicked than Nick Newell. lol at inspirational story. If casuals gave 2 shits about inspirational stories than Aldo would be a bigger draw than Brock Lesnar. UFC gave him a chance against someone who hasn't fought in years and he lost, end of story.

Greg won his fight, simple as that. Brenda is very feminine, she loves to sneak diss. That's why Nate had to check her.

Why doesn't she post here anymore? I'd love to tag her in this.

Dana's a scumbag. Nothing new.

Brendan needs to stop wasting his talents behind the mic and save the world.

He's being a lying bleeding heart if he believes the amount of interest in these two is equal.

Also, Nick is a lightweight. There is a small path for success for him in that division.

With Greg and the HW division, who the fuck knows.

Truth is Newell and Hardy are both side shows but Hardy has the better upside. I'll take a two handed former all pro NFL athlete over a one handed fighter who's claim to fame is he went a couple rounds with Gaethje.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 5-y&geo=US&q=/m/04jbyw_,/m/0hrg8z8

Schaub is still recovering from the butthurt that's all. 10x more people will flock to see Greg Hardy either kicking ass or getting his ass kicked than Nick Newell. lol at inspirational story. If casuals gave 2 shits about inspirational stories than Aldo would be a bigger draw than Brock Lesnar. UFC gave him a chance against someone who hasn't fought in years and he lost, end of story.

Yeah, i think nicks drawing power is very fleeting for many reasons. One of them being that the people he brings into the sport most likely wont be watching for the sport itself, i.e they will leave once he is done. People would most likely just be curious about the whole thing.
The people hardy would bring in are way more likely to stay.

Hardy won (twice...Impressively), Nick lost
The End

Pretty much this.

I think Nick would have gotten a contract with a mediocre win, or even a good loss. He didn't provide either.

It felt like Dana got what he wanted and felt justified about his previous comments on Nick after the fight.
I don't want to see that guy fighting much better fighters tbh.

Back