NieR: Automata--Platinum Games/Square Enix(PS4/PC)

saw this today and it makes it two games I'm not getting due to female leads
So you're saying that you're gay, right? Because why would you have sex with women, if they're so icky and stuff?

Fabulous!

But really, I hope you're just trolling. I could give two shits about whether or not the character is a female, so long as the game play if fun, and this is fucking PLATINUM GAMES. So I hope you're trolling, cause if not, you're just crazy.

Word, there are a lot of great RPG's hitting in a really short amount of time. Tales of Berseria came out a few weeks back and hearing a lot of good things. Was really turned off with Tales of Zesteria, but hearing it's a huge step up.

I'm not a FPS guy, so not really interested in Prey. I'm cautiously optomistic about The Surge. I love scifi games, RPG's, and Dark Souls so this looks pretty amazing. But is made by the guys that did Lords of the Fallen which okay. Not a bad game, but not great either.
Nah bro, it's developed by Platinum games. Bayonetta 1/2, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, etc.

Nah bro, it's developed by Platinum games. Bayonetta 1/2, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, etc.

Yeah, I got that, Really looking forward to Nier. I was talking about the The Surge being developed by the same guys as Lords of the Fallen.

Good lord PS4 is absolutely killing it right now, and leaving XBOX One in the dust.

Nioh, Horizon Zero Dawn, Bersek, Nioh, Kingdom Hearts 2.8......and Xbox is coming out with absolutely nothing.

Good lord PS4 is absolutely killing it right now, and leaving XBOX One in the dust.

Nioh, Horizon Zero Dawn, Bersek, Nioh, Kingdom Hearts 2.8......and Xbox is coming out with absolutely nothing.

Gravity Rush 2, Ni No Kuni, Ps 4 has more exclusives in the last 3 months than Xbox has had in 3 years

Yeah, I got that, Really looking forward to Nier. I was talking about the The Surge being developed by the same guys as Lords of the Fallen.
Oooooooohhhhh, I misread the post.

And didn't Scalebound get canceled? That game looked pretty cool.

And didn't Scalebound get canceled? That game looked pretty cool.

I was really bummed when that happened. As an RPG guy, my PS4 is my main console but I've had a lot of fun with my Xbox One. I was really looking forward to Scalebound, it's sad to see something so far in development to get the boot.

Like people have said, the PS4 is killing it with exclusives(adding Persona 5 to the list) in the first quarter of 17. Not just in quality, but for the most part they have been getting pretty high marks. The Xbox just came out with their new game service but coming off the heels of Horizon and Zelda, it feels kind of desperate to keep up.

I was really bummed when that happened. As an RPG guy, my PS4 is my main console but I've had a lot of fun with my Xbox One. I was really looking forward to Scalebound, it's sad to see something so far in development to get the boot.

Like people have said, the PS4 is killing it with exclusives(adding Persona 5 to the list) in the first quarter of 17. Not just in quality, but for the most part they have been getting pretty high marks. The Xbox just came out with their new game service but coming off the heels of Horizon and Zelda, it feels kind of desperate to keep up.
With all these badass games now out for PS4, I think I may pick one up: Bloodborne, Horizon, Nioh, Ni No Kuni 2, Nier Automata, Kingdom Hearts remix... Fucking hell.

I mostly game on my PC these days, so I was okay without a PS4, but it looks like now is the time.

Forgot to mention Persona 5!

Last edited:
With all these badass games now out for PS4, I think I may pick one up: Bloodborne, Horizon, Nioh, Ni No Kuni 2, Nier Automata, Kingdom Hearts remix... Fucking hell.

I mostly game on my PC these days, so I was okay without a PS4, but it looks like now is the time.

Forgot to mention Persona 5!
Yeah, if you have a PC a PS4 is a perfect companion for it. Lets you play damn near everything since all the xbox stuff is coming to the win10 store.
Nier is luckily only pushed a week on PC, I really hope that port is good.

Kinda early as only five critic reviews accounted for...but it is a 94 on Metacritic so far.

Western reviews are in, it's sitting at 90 with 45 reviews on metacritic.
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/nier-automata

So you're saying that you're gay, right? Because why would you have sex with women, if they're so icky and stuff?

Fabulous!

But really, I hope you're just trolling. I could give two shits about whether or not the character is a female, so long as the game play if fun, and this is fucking PLATINUM GAMES. So I hope you're trolling, cause if not, you're just crazy.
wow I never expected to be outed this way...... For real though I was being serious I don't like playing as a female lead call it what you want to I just don't like it. I did get Horizon though and it has been decent so far doubt I'll get this though.

wow I never expected to be outed this way...... For real though I was being serious I don't like playing as a female lead call it what you want to I just don't like it. I did get Horizon though and it has been decent so far doubt I'll get this though.

Dude your suspect as hell, you'd rather watch the back of a dude than a chick.
<{fry}>

Dude your suspect as hell, you'd rather watch the back of a dude than a chick.
<{fry}>
quick question to you ppl "males who plays as females" in games like Dragon Age, Fallout, and Mass Effect where you choose to be females over males where there is a choice during the game to have a relationship with a NPC who do y'all pick?

I never really liked playing as a female lead, but Tomb Raider Remastered, Bayonetta 1 and 2, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Horizon Zero Dawn, and the demo for Nier have really changed my tune on it.

quick question to you ppl "males who plays as females" in games like Dragon Age, Fallout, and Mass Effect where you choose to be females over males where there is a choice during the game to have a relationship with a NPC who do y'all pick?
To be fair, I only ever make female characters when I have a cool idea for them. I usually play as male characters when given the choice, at least a first play through. If the game is dope and I'm locked into a female PC though, I really don't care.

I don't even really do relationship stuff in TES/FO as a male PC. Actually, the only time I do that is in Persona, cause Waifus.

wtf is a Waifus is it something like a Hideyoshi.

I played the demo, and I was bored by the enemies. Japanese need to grow up and start making games about real world stuff. I don't give a fuck about picking up or fighting pink bubbles, or getting points for combos.

I played the demo, and I was bored by the enemies. Japanese need to grow up and start making games about real world stuff. I don't give a fuck about picking up or fighting pink bubbles, or getting points for combos.

You just outed yourself as an ignorant fool. You dont like the game? Cool but that generalization is 100% wrong, fix up son.

You just outed yourself as an ignorant fool. You dont like the game? Cool but that generalization is 100% wrong, fix up son.
Ignorant? Ask me anything about Japan or japanese video games, and in japanese if you want.

I remember when people played games for fun, nowt heyre spoiled with so many choices and miss gems out because they dont like a certain thing. I didnt like FPS for a long while but Ive not had as much fun as in the past 10 years as much as I did on Doom 2016 and battlefield 1 multiplayer with friends. If you thnk a game'll be fun, play that shit.

to be fair, games have gotten fucking terrible. the bar keeps being set lower and lower. you say "so many choices," i say "so many bad choices." console games have been especially bad since the new gen (ps4/xbone). and gamergate only brought it from bad to worse.

i thought the doom reboot was shit and was glad i just rented it from a redbox.

as for nier, i might check out the demo and decide from there.

Back