NieR: Automata--Platinum Games/Square Enix(PS4/PC)

Funny comment considering Nioh is the one that's actually set in Japan and made by Japanese people.....

What? They're both developed by Japanese game studios.

And while Nioh is set in Japan, I specifically said "J-pop" style is what turns me off of Nier.

Meaning this:

NierCharacters.jpg

And this:

quick question to you ppl "males who plays as females" in games like Dragon Age, Fallout, and Mass Effect where you choose to be females over males where there is a choice during the game to have a relationship with a NPC who do y'all pick?
I've never really cared if the lead is male or female as long as I enjoy the game.

I'll typically make a male character; but if a game has voice acting and multiple play styles, I'll often make a female character on a replay just because it goes further towards selling a new experience.

And while Nioh is set in Japan, I specifically said "J-pop" style is what turns me off of Nier.

Meaning this:

NierCharacters.jpg

And this:

I never said that Nier wasn't made by Japan. I just thought it was odd to mention Nier being Japanese and then talk about buying Nioh instead. The video you posted is a great boss fight, Nioh has bosses that look even more bizarre. I just get upset because people bitch about Call of Duty and lack of variety in gaming but then refuse to buy great games like Nier.

I was watching my wife play this today, one thing I noticed during a scene where 9S is injured by a sentient oil rig and is trying to talk to 2B, he was speaking weak and exhaustively but I was confused as to why if they're androids, he should still be able to speak just fine. What purpose does simulating a human weakness serve?

seems like a generally well-reviewed game. I haven't watched too many videos because I don't want spoilers. but the graphics look incredible and so does the game play. Anyone recommend this game I'm a JRPG fan, what game could this be compared to?

this is the only forum I can find that hates this game.. oh Sherdog

I highly recommend it, purchased on day 1 and cleared it after a 40 hour playthrough in about 4 days straight. And tbh I rarely do that unless I'm really into a game

Its difficult to compare directly to other games since its so experimental in terms of design, and the way the narrative unfolds. It mixes genres seamlessly with unexpected transitions which keeps the game from getting repetitive. If you're ever played a Yoko Taro game you would be familiar with how be breaks gaming conventions.

In terms of action I think its closest to Bayonetta but with more shooting elements, a bit less depth to the combat though. The story, setting and world building for this game are all excellent with its dark Sci-Fi elements, its got a bit of ghost in the shell type of atmosphere and themes and its not comparable at all to any FF games, Nier has much darker and more mature themes by comparison. Oh and the soundtrack is possibly the best I've ever heard in a game, period.

In conclusion, just get it.

Last edited:
I know nothing about this game.. or series.. but I've heard nothing but good stuff about it.

Meaning this:

NierCharacters.jpg

And this:

whats not to like about the style

update: this game is incredible. the soundtrack is great too

This game was amazing, just finished it up last night.

I'd probably give it a 9.5/10 overall. The only flaw being the lack of development in Adam and Eve, outside of that it's perfect for me.

There's one part in A2's story that really upset me and I can't remember feeling that way playing a video game before.

I don't get it either. Americans only like muscular military heroes. So boring, Japan has style at least.
lol this is exactly how I feel. Look at the style of the gears of war characters or god of war. just reminds me of every marvel or GI Joe Hero

Didn't you guys find the mob enemies ridiculous? With their stupid pink bubbles instead of bullets or blue lasers.

I'm absolutely loving this game. I was a huge fan of the first. Also the music is amazing.

I bought Nier: Automata last week and I have been hooked. It is a great game. The only flaw is the brutal hacking levels while playing as 9S.

I bought Nier: Automata last week and I have been hooked. It is a great game. The only flaw is the brutal hacking levels while playing as 9S.
Some of those I had to drop the difficulty to normal so I could hold L2 to target.

Back