Nike Hyperko MP Review

Evan Martinez

White Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Nike Hyperko MP in Black/Silver

Price- $150

Greetings, I thought I would do a short review of some boxing shoes after seeing the lack of reviews on shoes in these forums.

Appearance-
The first thing I noticed upon un-boxing the shoes was that they look fantastic. The shoes have a high shine to them and are very eye catching. Other than the Nike Swoosh, the only other details of notice are the MP logos and Manny Paquiao's name wrapped around the heel of the shoe (which is hard to see without the proper angle).

Functionality-
The Hyperko is an extremely light shoe, even with it being a high top. When you actually put the shoes on they hardly feel like their even there, not only are they light but they're extremely comfortable. The shoes flexible upper portion provides good ankle support without feeling like your foots in a cast and adds to the comfort. The traction provided by these shoes is also excellent with no slipping so far. There is arch support in the shoes which some people who prefer flat shoes may not like but didn't bother me.

I've had the shoes for around a month and use them 4-5 times a week and their holding up great so far. From the way their built they should last quite a long time.

Conclusion-

Pros
-Comfortable
-Extremely light
-Great looking
-Provides good traction

Cons
-Price

Overall 9/10

DSC00494.jpg

DSC00492.jpg

DSC00489.jpg

DSC00488.jpg

Thank you! Lovely pics. Been wondering about these boots since they showed up on manny's feet two years ago. What can you tell us about the Velcro strap, what kind of functionality does it bring to the boots.

Thank you! Lovely pics. Been wondering about these boots since they showed up on manny's feet two years ago. What can you tell us about the Velcro strap, what kind of functionality does it bring to the boots.

The strap helps to prevent the torque generated when you punch from twisting the forefoot of the boots. Its basically just to add more support for your feet to keep you from rolling your ankle.

The strap helps to prevent the torque generated when you punch from twisting the forefoot of the boots. Its basically just to add more support for your feet to keep you from rolling your ankle.

Thanks for the update. Now all you need is a pair black/silver Zepol gloves to match your boots.

Zepol01.jpg

Nike Hyperko MP in Black/Silver

Price- $150

Greetings, I thought I would do a short review of some boxing shoes after seeing the lack of reviews on shoes in these forums.

Appearance-
The first thing I noticed upon un-boxing the shoes was that they look fantastic. The shoes have a high shine to them and are very eye catching. Other than the Nike Swoosh, the only other details of notice are the MP logos and Manny Paquiao's name wrapped around the heel of the shoe (which is hard to see without the proper angle).

Functionality-
The Hyperko is an extremely light shoe, even with it being a high top. When you actually put the shoes on they hardly feel like their even there, not only are they light but they're extremely comfortable. The shoes flexible upper portion provides good ankle support without feeling like your foots in a cast and adds to the comfort. The traction provided by these shoes is also excellent with no slipping so far. There is arch support in the shoes which some people who prefer flat shoes may not like but didn't bother me.

I've had the shoes for around a month and use them 4-5 times a week and their holding up great so far. From the way their built they should last quite a long time.

Conclusion-

Pros
-Comfortable
-Extremely light
-Great looking
-Provides good traction

Cons
-Price

Overall 9/10

DSC00494.jpg

DSC00492.jpg

DSC00489.jpg

DSC00488.jpg

Hey, I'm recieving my pair of hyper ko's in lime green. Are they true to size?

Sorry, yes that was a great review!

They look cool, but I don't get training in signature gear; it would be kind of awkward to fight in someone else's boot, but that is just my opinion. If you could get them without Pacquiao's name all over them I would rock them, for now I will stick with my old school Adidas.

Last edited:
If you have Rival boots or whoever's then theyre going to say 'Rival' all over them. I dont see a difference between that and having boots which say 'Pacquiao' on them instead.

My friend has 2 pairs of these. Too flashy for me but they're definitely eye-catching

If you have Rival boots or whoever's then theyre going to say 'Rival' all over them. I dont see a difference between that and having boots which say 'Pacquiao' on them instead.

My friend has 2 pairs of these. Too flashy for me but they're definitely eye-catching

LoL! there is a huge difference between a brand and a person's name; Nike is the brand (such as "Rival") and Pacquiao is a person's name.... As I said, if these just had Nike on them then I would rock them, or Nike and MY name.

I was looking at these Nikes myself

nikeblue2.jpg

These ones look good, without the name, but are too flashy; heavyweights don't have the fastest feet.

hyperko-mp-volt-juniper-(3)_edited-1.jpg

Last edited:
LoL! there is a huge difference between a brand and a person's name; Nike is the brand (such as "Rival") and Pacquiao is a person's name.... e.
yeah I know Pacquiao is a name :eek: I dont see why itd make a difference to you, it's all branding but to each his own

LoL! there is a huge difference between a brand and a person's name; Nike is the brand (such as "Rival") and Pacquiao is a person's name.... As I said, if these just had Nike on them then I would rock them, or Nike and MY name.

I was looking at these Nikes myself

nikeblue2.jpg

These ones look good, without the name, but are too flashy; heavyweights don't have the fastest feet.

hyperko-mp-volt-juniper-(3)_edited-1.jpg

where'd you find it without the name? I've got those same green ones.

How are the shoes holding up? Is there any wear and tear already?

I guess people shouldn't wear Jordans, Kobes, or Lebrons either for basketball. :rolleyes:

I guess people shouldn't wear Jordans, Kobes, or Lebrons either for basketball. :rolleyes:

If that is how you feel, that is fine; as I said personally I don't get paying extra for signature gear to train in, for a collectors items sure, but not for use.

Back