Nintendo being behind.

Other than online, can you name what else Nintendo is behind on?

Nothing right now Actually. They're out selling shitbox one X and selling around ps4 numbers. They dominate the handheld market, and they're online is a bargain.

They really need a pro device or a more powerful switch an they probably could push ahead ps4, but i doubt they will. Was the point of this thread exactly? lol pretty stupid, how about go read before you cry about Nintendo being behind. Currently its Microsoft whos behind actually, terrible policy, shitty introduction with that "kinect" garbage terrible online service. And they cant get exclusives out the door with out being asswipes, canceling games, an windows store is annoying an stupid..

Last edited:
Yeah... Nintendo was behind the resurgence of the the home video game industry. After the video game crash of the 1980's, if Nintendo didn't bring the NES to market, the industry would not exist in the form it does today.

I'm playing this game right, aren't I?

They need to get rid of friend codes and make their online more like PS4 and Xbox with how friend lists works. Also needs a more powerful home console although with the Switch's gimmick of taking it anywhere that makes it less of an issue.

Does anyone know if the Switch fixed the Wii U's problem of your stuff being tied to the system and not your account?

Does anyone know if the Switch fixed the Wii U's problem of your stuff being tied to the system and not your account?
At the moment your save data is tied to the system but when the online subscription rolls around in September it includes cloud save backups.

I haven't owned a Nintendo console since the Wii, so I don't know how their online is.

Online and hardware (power-wise, not reliability-wise).

How is their online bad?

Although it lets players join other players for online gameplay with some (very few so far) games, the Switch doesn't include a feature for them to talk to each other, putting them behind other systems from the early/mid 2000's

I like the Switch but yeah this actually stopped me from getting one as soon as I was planning to- maybe ever if they don't fix that.

Although it lets players join other players for online gameplay with some (very few so far) games, the Switch doesn't include a feature for them to talk to each other, putting them behind other systems from the early/mid 2000's

I like the Switch but yeah this actually stopped me from getting one as soon as I was planning to- maybe ever if they don't fix that.
This is really the only criticism toward Nintendo that is actually valid, IMO. If you want to talk graphics or hardware, LOL, PCs exist. Nintendo just needs a modern take on Online Gaming.

They could get more games aimed at adults. (i cant say better as its all subjective)

They could admit there is a bending problem and offer to fix it.
https://kotaku.com/nintendo-switch-bending-problems-are-still-a-thing-1797887104

They need to continue working with MS on cross-play as this is a great feature for all gamers. I hope it puts pressure on Sony as it makes them look bad in consumer eyes and of recently their public image has been going down(although the group of Sony fangirls will deny this)

If the rumors are true and a switch 2/mid gen refresh is coming use something better then the X2....

and last but not least.... once again admit there is a bending problem and fix peoples shit.

Nothing right now Actually. They're out selling shitbox one X and selling around ps4 numbers. They dominate the handheld market, and they're online is a bargain.

They really need a pro device or a more powerful switch an they probably could push ahead ps4, but i doubt they will. Was the point of this thread exactly? lol pretty stupid, how about go read before you cry about Nintendo being behind. Currently its Microsoft whos behind actually, terrible policy, shitty introduction with that "kinect" garbage terrible online service. And they cant get exclusives out the door with out being asswipes, canceling games, an windows store is annoying an stupid..
Cosign on Microsoft being the worst. I own so many games l, movies etc through them that I felt like I had to buy an X1, but I regret it. Shit exclusives, shit UI, actually worse than the 360 UI for no apparent reason. Xbox live is overpriced. Their sales suck. Etc etc

they need to get their act together with 3rd party games. Not getting a game at all is one thing, but when Nintendo gets a 3rd party title, but like 4~5 months later is brutal. I would love to get games for the Switch over my PS4/XB1 for the portability factor, but not if I have to wait 5 months. Dark Souls Remaster is only the most recent example but they have been pulling this shit for a while.

Other than online, can you name what else Nintendo is behind on?
Yes, tie-in sales.

Which is the single most important metric for profit in the console gaming industry. They get shit on by Sony in terms of overall game sales and microtransaction revenue. They only do well on the physical charts (such as NPD or VGChartz tracks). Hell, it has only led hardware unit sales in a single month in 2018-- July. The PS4 has outsold it this year despite being in its 5th year of release. There are over 4x as many PS4 systems out there with buying users than there are Switches. That's why the PS4 continues to dominate total software revenue.

Nintendo also has a pitiful relative presence in the secondary market (ex. Twitch streaming). There are powers in numbers, and multiplat titles find their way to the top. It's good for any participating systems, and Nintendo continues to lag in the monster franchises. They don't seem to understand why streaming is important. They seem to see it as more of a threat.

Their ROI is very good. Their per capita income is very strong. Their market is mostly their own. Those are all upsides. They are doing a great job of focusing on their market.

But they are no longer serious competitors to the gaming throne, and I doubt they ever will be again. We're on PC rails, now. Only smartphones and mobile operating systems threaten this.

they’re behind on getting that N64 Classic to market

Back