Nintendo just can't compete at the top any more with consoles.

I never had the first Xbox, but I had a PS2 and a GameCube and I thought the Game Cube was superior. When I was in the Army and stationed in Kuwait I had brought my GameCube with me. I think I was the only one to have one on that post though; becuase the store that was on base was selling all of the brand new GameCube games for around $3-$5, so I bought them all.

I must have had about 120 physical games for that system. I'm kind of pissed at myself for not hanging on to it though. When I got my 360 I traded in my GameCube and all of the games for it at a Play and Trade.

It was an alright system. It would've had a longer shelf life and more support though, if Nintendo hadn't have made mind-boggling stupid hardware decisions. It was absolutely insane for them to not use DVD format at the time.

Potential GOAT

CeN-2OjXEAEeIdd.jpg

Nintendo is about power and specs.

Educate yourselves.

Last edited:
You say this as if it's something new. That's been the case since the gamecube. The Wii was an insane outlier and we're not likely to see that level of success again in a very long time, if ever.
Yet they keep trucking with their handheld systems. And they actually have worthwhile exclusives for the wii u unlike both the xbox and playstation.
And yeah, the GC and N64 controllers are both up there as some of the worst shit ever made by humans. I'd rather play on a Jaguar pad.

No I'm not, I never liked it.

Dreamcast > GameCube
Disagree, GC is one of the finest consoles of all time and the controller is GOLD.

Not to mention awesome titles like RE Remastered (still looks stellar on GC), Metroid Prime, 007 Nightfire and many more.

They're hopelessly outdated. As someone that grew up in the 80's and had every Nintendo system until the Wii, I miss when they had relevant consoles.

I had a gamecube, and no it wasn't underrated. I remember picking up Skies of Arcadia and having to clan the dust off of it.

Last edited:
I've enjoyed my Wii U far More than my ps4. So if I had to chose a winner if they were competing I would say Wii U. I understand most don't share that preference but for me the Wii U is the best system at this place and time

I've enjoyed my Wii U far More than my ps4. So if I had to chose a winner if they were competing I would say Wii U. I understand most don't share that preference but for me the Wii U is the best system at this place and time

@BR701 shares your view.

He LOVES the Wii U more than anything else on the planet apparently.

...even though he can't afford it. lol

@BR701 shares your view.

He LOVES the Wii U more than anything else on the planet apparently.

...even though he can't afford it. lol
Your posts were illogical before but now you're just flat out lying.

Heavy drinking is taking its toll on you I'm afraid.

The Nintendo Switch will be the victor in this upcoming console wars, aren't you tired of your cod or gta games already?
I guess, but not as tired of those as I am of Mario and Zelda lmao.

And yeah, the GC and N64 controllers are both up there as some of the worst shit ever made by humans. I'd rather play on a Jaguar pad.
I liked the GC controller a lot, and I think plenty of people did. I am speaking relative only to the games that were coming out on the GC, but for me it was great for all the games I played on the GC. Not the same for the N64 though, that was a legitimately bad peripheral.

The Gamecube sucked and so did the N64 at least compared to the competion.

The industry moved forward with disc based games and Nintendo stayed stubborn using outdated cartridges which hurt the storage capacity so no cool FMVs. PlayStation crushed the N64 because of this. Cartridges are notoriously expensive to manufacture and the console was hard to develop games for which is why 3rd party support dried up.

Then they stayed stubborn with the Gamecube using proprietary UMD style disc and the start of inferior hardware compared to PS2 and Xbox.

That was the last Nintendo console I owned. Barely used it. Think I really only played a lot of FZero GX Metroid Prime games and Wave Race Blue Storm.

Haha even Boogie hates it. That says something. He's a huge (no pun intended ) Nintendork.

Don't agree with me?

"You're a Trollll!" - every Nintendork.

I guess, but not as tired of those as I am of Mario and Zelda lmao.
Fire Emblem
Shin Megami Tensei
JRPGs like I am Setsunsa
Upcoming No More Heroes
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Dragonquest

Compared tp PS4's and Xbox 1's

Final Fantasy that plays like a GTA

Metal Gear Solid that plays like a Left 4 Dead games

The Gamecube sucked and so did the N64 at least compared to the competion.

The industry moved forward with disc based games and Nintendo stayed stubborn using outdated cartridges which hurt the storage capacity so no cool FMVs. PlayStation crushed the N64 because of this. Cartridges are notoriously expensive to manufacture and the console was hard to develop games for which is why 3rd party support dried up.

Then they stayed stubborn with the Gamecube using proprietary UMD style disc and the start of inferior hardware compared to PS2 and Xbox.

That was the last Nintendo console I owned. Barely used it. Think I really only played a lot of FZero GX Metroid Prime games and Wave Race Blue Storm.
Resident Evil 4

As far as handheld goes Nintendo rules supreme.

For domestic, I don't think Nintendo has tried ever since Gamecube (which was more powerful than PS2 IIRC). It's pretty clear they are a niche and have a different target audience than the other consoles. I wish Sega had followed this route back in the day, maybe they'd still be in the game nowadays.

Personally I like Nintendo for what it does and buy their consoles as a 2nd console after Playstation.

Back