NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v3: Still noobs at online gaming

HairdewX

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Yikes!

DFHWwggW0AAmxK9.jpg

Holy shit that phone set up looks out of control. Glad I'm not really planning on doing any type of online gaming on my Switch that would need team communication like that, mostly couch co op with the kids.

I have a feeling the online app for voice chat and such will change quite a lot by the time they start charging for online in 2018. Lots of negative feedback so far. It could work pretty decently if they fix a couple things.

At the moment I only plan on using voice chat for Splatoon with like 1 or 2 other people. Should be able to make it work.

On a side note, the SplatNet2 part of the app is awesome.

Fucking hyped for Splatoon 2 Friday!

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/bounty-battle

https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2Fl4FGJi0JvtI3OmMUw%2Fgiphy.gif

https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2F3og0IC0WEB8UX6JkFG%2Fgiphy.gif

https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2F3oKIPcQoNxsFhVSJdC%2Fgiphy.gif

In Bounty Battle, characters from Darkest Dungeon, Awesomenauts, Guacamelee (and many more) meet up for the ultimate indie fighting game!

Up to 4 players compete against each other using characters from their favorite indie games across levels from their favorite indie game worlds!

Bounty Battle features more than 20 indie characters and 10 unique Bounty Battle fighters to choose from, each with their own unique playstyles and combat abilities.

The motion controls take some getting used to but I'm really enjoying S2. That's why there's a campaign

This and hearing that motion controls are pretty much mandatory if you wanna do good is what prevented me from buying splatoon 2

The motion controls are most definitely not necessary to do good. I was an S rank in the original Splatoon and haven't lost much of a step in 2 and I never use the motion controls. There are a lot of weapons that don't need them. Voice chat through the app is also very simple when playing docked. Haven't tried handheld.

The motion controls take some getting used to but I'm really enjoying S2. That's why there's a campaign

They're cool and work well for a lot of weapons but they're not necessary to enjoy the game or be a great player. I still try them here and there, mainly when I try to use chargers.

The motion controls are most definitely not necessary to do good. I was an S rank in the original Splatoon and haven't lost much of a step in 2 and I never use the motion controls. There are a lot of weapons that don't need them. Voice chat through the app is also very simple when playing docked. Haven't tried handheld.

They're cool and work well for a lot of weapons but they're not necessary to enjoy the game or be a great player. I still try them here and there, mainly when I try to use chargers.

While docked, I always play Switch games with separate joycons. I can see how it can be a pain for some using motion controls, especially my way, and am debating getting a pro controller for this for online play since when I get anxious while playing competitive online games, I tend to shake and that's no good for motion controls.

While docked, I always play Switch games with separate joycons. I can see how it can be a pain for some using motion controls, especially my way, and am debating getting a pro controller for this for online play since when I get anxious while playing competitive online games, I tend to shake and that's no good for motion controls.

With the joycons the gyro is in the right joy con which can mess with some people's aiming, whereas it's in the center of the pro controller. If you want to play with split joycons you can try turning off the motion controls if your aim gets messed up.

Got the pro controller and that with motion controls has been a big improvement. Finished the campaign as well - wish it were a tad longer but I really enjoyed it.

Don't have a switch but I looked into Splatoon 2's motion controls. And god damn, it looks like it's going to be the future standard in console FPS.

Don't have a switch but I looked into Splatoon 2's motion controls. And god damn, it looks like it's going to be the future standard in console FPS.

I'm doing good without them still so I only use them when trying to play with a charger or splatling. If they ever include a patch that gives you the option to control the y axis on the right analog with motion controls I'll fully switch over to them.

Back