NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v3: Still noobs at online gaming

Odyssey is fun but really basic and too easy. Don't get why reviewers are creaming there jeans and proclaiming it to be one of the best games ever made though it's nowhere near, not even the best game this year. Horizon Zero Dawn and BOTW were much better, Horizon zero dawn by miles imo. People reviewing this are falling in love with the nostalgia the game brings, not the actual game itself. I'd be quite disappointed if I read reviews before buying it I'm not going to lie. Lol
If you do the bare minimum to get from world to world, it is very easy. Although, the boss fights get more challenging along the way. But there are a lot of moons that aren't easy to obtain at all. There's challenge in Odyssey if you look for it.

Odyssey is fun but really basic and too easy. Don't get why reviewers are creaming there jeans and proclaiming it to be one of the best games ever made though it's nowhere near, not even the best game this year. Horizon Zero Dawn and BOTW were much better, Horizon zero dawn by miles imo. People reviewing this are falling in love with the nostalgia the game brings, not the actual game itself. I'd be quite disappointed if I read reviews before buying it I'm not going to lie. Lol
HZD is my fav game for PS4... But I can see why this is getting high praises. Its fun. So much you can do and explore in it. With Mario, Zelda and HZD it was a good year for gamers...
I think sometimes people read reviews and get there hopes up, but in no way is this a bad game. Top 3 of the year... with the other two you mentioned. I actually enjoy Mario much more than Zelda

Does anyone know how to stream switch games on twitch.. PS4 makes it so easy but no idea how to do it on switch. I see people on twitch doing it so must be a way, anyone know?

HZD is my fav game for PS4... But I can see why this is getting high praises. Its fun. So much you can do and explore in it. With Mario, Zelda and HZD it was a good year for gamers...
I think sometimes people read reviews and get there hopes up, but in no way is this a bad game. Top 3 of the year... with the other two you mentioned. I actually enjoy Mario much more than Zelda

Nioh was better than mario odyssey as well imo, just too hard for a lot of simpletons to get into unlike mario, but the game itself is miles better. Not saying Mario Odyssey is a bad game at all because it isn't, I just believe there's much more better games this year and to read reviewers touting it like some kind of GOAT game is silly. Definitely one of the better games this year, but imo BOTW HZD and Nioh all beat it.

Nioh was better than mario odyssey as well imo, just too hard for a lot of simpletons to get into unlike mario, but the game itself is miles better. Not saying Mario Odyssey is a bad game at all because it isn't, I just believe there's much more better games this year and to read reviewers touting it like some kind of GOAT game is silly. Definitely one of the better games this year, but imo BOTW HZD and Nioh all beat it.

Aaaand whatever point you were trying to make or go for is done and over with. Trying to play up the, "It was too hard for casuls" is just a copout and I say this as someone who groans and cringes when people have noob deaths in ANY of the From Software games. Whether a game is considered better or worse than others is always subjective to opinion and you're perfectly entitled to yours and HZD and Nioh are fantastic games, but I can DEFINITELY see why people are giving it such high praise. It's fun. That's it. It's easy to pick and hard to master fun that was concocted using one of the most tried and true franchises and its mechanics distilling...Shit what is it...almost 30 years or more or refined gameplay mechanics into a cocktail of fun that anyone can enjoy. Those are my $0.02. Also, what's the deal with the shop selling stars in Mushroom Kingdom? That can't be right that I can purchase infinites right? I'm not lazy like that(though I did buy 20 just to see what happenes) and I need to farm to 9999 for the skeleton suit, but still, what's the story with it?

Aaaand whatever point you were trying to make or go for is done and over with. Trying to play up the, "It was too hard for casuls" is just a copout and I say this as someone who groans and cringes when people have noob deaths in ANY of the From Software games. Whether a game is considered better or worse than others is always subjective to opinion and you're perfectly entitled to yours and HZD and Nioh are fantastic games, but I can DEFINITELY see why people are giving it such high praise. It's fun. That's it. It's easy to pick and hard to master fun that was concocted using one of the most tried and true franchises and its mechanics distilling...Shit what is it...almost 30 years or more or refined gameplay mechanics into a cocktail of fun that anyone can enjoy. Those are my $0.02. Also, what's the deal with the shop selling stars in Mushroom Kingdom? That can't be right that I can purchase infinites right? I'm not lazy like that(though I did buy 20 just to see what happenes) and I need to farm to 9999 for the skeleton suit, but still, what's the story with it?

I didn't say it was a bad game just don't personally have it up with the best games of the year let alone all the time. Also I thought Persona 5 was better, actually my personal fav of the year. I'm a sucker for fairly deep games with a good story though. This year we've been spoiled with some really solid games as well, a simple platformer although I can agree is very fun just doesn't stand out.

What do you think is better between Odyssey and Galaxy? I liked Galaxy alot more it's been years since I've played it but it seemed alot more challenging and fun with a better story.

I wouldn’t even put HZD in top 5.

1. Zelda
2. Mario
3. Persona 5
4. Hellblade
5. Cuphead

Then there’s still Sonic Mania, Golf Story, Thimbleweed Park and I’m sure a couple others.

Mario is awesome. Loving it so far. Way better than Zelda imo.

Reached bowser's castle...

I also am not much of a platformer but this game is so much fun.!

I think my favorite level so far was the seaside kingdom. If I ever die and come back as a goldfish with my memories I know exactly how to survive because of that level. Lol

But seriously the controls of the two different water characters were so much fun. something about swimming around in relaxing music put me in a very explorative trance. I stayed there the longesy out of all the kingdoms and will be back soon!

This is co-GOTY with Zelda

I didn't say it was a bad game just don't personally have it up with the best games of the year let alone all the time. Also I thought Persona 5 was better, actually my personal fav of the year. I'm a sucker for fairly deep games with a good story though. This year we've been spoiled with some really solid games as well, a simple platformer although I can agree is very fun just doesn't stand out.

What do you think is better between Odyssey and Galaxy? I liked Galaxy alot more it's been years since I've played it but it seemed alot more challenging and fun with a better story.

Or you outgrew this type of game but most people are having a blast playing Odyssey. Forget the nostalgia factor. The game plays like a finely tuned machine. I am a die hard Zelda fan and I didn't even play both galaxy games but I am finding myself loving every moment of Odyssey.

Is it hard?? It is as hard as you want to make it to be. The main story mode is pretty easy. Unlimited deaths and well positioned checkpoints ensures for a pretty breezy experience but the endgame is where the real fun begins. I am looking forward to finding all these moons and several of them are hard to get. I got 270+ beating the game so I got lots more to go. the difficulty goes up in some quests.

Or you outgrew this type of game but most people are having a blast playing Odyssey. Forget the nostalgia factor. The game plays like a finely tuned machine. I am a die hard Zelda fan and I didn't even play both galaxy games but I am finding myself loving every moment of Odyssey.

Is it hard?? It is as hard as you want to make it to be. The main story mode is pretty easy. Unlimited deaths and well positioned checkpoints ensures for a pretty breezy experience but the endgame is where the real fun begins. I am looking forward to finding all these moons and several of them are hard to get. I got 270+ beating the game so I got lots more to go. the difficulty goes up in some quests.
Not saying it's a bad game at all and I've had fun playing it, but it isn't the best game of this year let alone some reviews saying it's the best game ever. Like I said before, if I read the reviews before buying this game I would've been greatly disappointed.

Not saying it's a bad game at all and I've had fun playing it, but it isn't the best game of this year let alone some reviews saying it's the best game ever. Like I said before, if I read the reviews before buying this game I would've been greatly disappointed.

You have a right to your opinion as unpopular as it is. I was pretty damn sure Zelda was GOTY for me until I played Mario. Now I think they should be co-GOTY. Most reviews do not claim it's the best game ever. Best Mario ever maybe. It certainly has that magical experience similar to Mario 64 to me.

In the end it's a kid's game that also caters to adults and plays beautifully.

Since the game IS coming to the Switch If figured some of you should be made aware of what is in store for you in terms of some of the platforming in Hollow Knight. Obviously spoilers are at play here.

I wanna die. I just wanna fucking die. Fuck Team Cherry for making a game this fucking awesome and giving us...Whatever in fuck White Palace(the location which is mandatory for two endings) and Path of Pain(what the video shows) are.

Is it hard?? It is as hard as you want to make it to be. The main story mode is pretty easy.

People complaining Mario games are too easy need to unlock the Dark and Darker Sides of The Moon. Granted I didn't try too hard but I only made it past the first boss on Dark side, then got tossed.

Getting my copy of SMO delivered from Amazon today. Looking forward to playing it since all the reviews are great. Question for those who have it, will I miss out on anything playing mainly in handheld/tabletop mode? I plan on mostly playing this during downtime at work. I've heard some stuff about some control issues with handheld mode.

On a side note, we NEED a goddamn release date for Hollow Knight on Switch. Game looks so good. Also insanely hyped for Xenoblade Chronicles 2, even though it'll be my first Xenoblade game.

Back