NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v3: Still noobs at online gaming

Just picked up xenoblade today. Is there online for this btw? Xenoblade Chronicles X looked really cool but I couldn't justify buying wii u for it.

No online, all singleplayer. Takes a little while to get used to and understand how the combat works but once you do the game is great. The game throws a lot at you right out the gate but once you sort it all out it really takes off.

No online, all singleplayer. Takes a little while to get used to and understand how the combat works but once you do the game is great. The game throws a lot at you right out the gate but once you sort it all out it really takes off.

Gotcha. From what I've been reading it sounds great but it's unanimous the world can be a bitch to navigate something about a world map, but apparently they're gonna be an update out soon. Might not even start until that update also considering I've been totally hooked on Witcher 3 as my RPG of late, the world in that game is really something else.

Finally got the motorcycle. Holy fuck that last boss was a pain

About an hour and a half into xenoblade.. the combat, is there like a dodge? Do you just stand still or move around alot? Fun as fuck so far though, just not sure how to dodge/deflect enemy attacks.

About an hour and a half into xenoblade.. the combat, is there like a dodge? Do you just stand still or move around alot? Fun as fuck so far though, just not sure how to dodge/deflect enemy attacks.

You don't dodge/deflect without the normal roll of the dice type of thing. Basically luck, no buttons. You just stand still and swing away, making sure to hit your arts at the right time, use your ult. Try to time topples, launches, and combine it all into a combo (not sure how it works exactly but I've gotten lucky and done some ridiculous damage with the right combo).

There is no dodge button, but make use of moving around. As you know by now your auto attacks are always chains of three. Try moving a little bit right after the last one hits, it resets the animation and lets you start another chain of auto attacks. This helps fill out our special gauges faster. Also make sure to make use of positioning, some arts do a lot more damage depending on if your in front, back or on the side of your enemy. Blocking is tied to your blade's block rate percentage.

You don't dodge/deflect without the normal roll of the dice type of thing. Basically luck, no buttons. You just stand still and swing away, making sure to hit your arts at the right time, use your ult. Try to time topples, launches, and combine it all into a combo (not sure how it works exactly but I've gotten lucky and done some ridiculous damage with the right combo).

Just want to add a few tips here to expand on what method said:

- try timing your arts right when on of your auto attacks ends, they do more damage. You know you timed it right if you see a blue circle pop up around your character. I always try to use them after the third auto attack.

After you use a special you'll see something like this pop up on the top right of your screen

68zSCfWl.png

To do these combos you'd have to:
(talking about the top left picture)

Start with a level 1 earth special, then do a level 2 fire special, and finally a level 3 wind or earth special.

You could also go level 1 earth, level 2 earth, level 3 electric.

I'm still learning the best ways to chain these combos. /r/Xenoblade_Chronicles is a lot of help.

Just want to add a few tips here to expand on what method said:

- try timing your arts right when on of your auto attacks ends, they do more damage. You know you timed it right if you see a blue circle pop up around your character. I always try to use them after the third auto attack.

After you use a special you'll see something like this pop up on the top right of your screen

68zSCfWl.png

To do these combos you'd have to:
(talking about the top left picture)

Start with a level 1 earth special, then do a level 2 fire special, and finally a level 3 wind or earth special.

You could also go level 1 earth, level 2 earth, level 3 electric.

I'm still learning the best ways to chain these combos. /r/Xenoblade_Chronicles is a lot of help.

Ah so that's what that is for. Nice thanks for the info. I'll try to play around with this Saturday.

I am absolutely LOVING Xenoblade Chronicles 2! The only problem is finding the time to put in long play sessions. Also have to balance playing it and Splatoon 2.

I am absolutely LOVING Xenoblade Chronicles 2! The only problem is finding the time to put in long play sessions. Also have to balance playing it and Splatoon 2.

Yea it's a great game I'm about 60 hours in. During this weekend I should get plenty of playtime especially since I hurt my knee in bjj I've been trying to not walk at all.

Yea it's a great game I'm about 60 hours in. During this weekend I should get plenty of playtime especially since I hurt my knee in bjj I've been trying to not walk at all.

I have 100+ hours and I'm on Chapter 5...

I spent like 10'sh hours farming Pentagon chips in Chapter 3 for *every* blade I owned. I still haven't found more powerful chips even in Chapter 5, it's something everyone should do if they are high enough level (I could start farming them around lvl29).

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/204208-xenoblade-chronicles-2/76063964

Seriously this makes the game a lot of fun, being over-leveled and powerful works well as the fights are still tough but just last a lot less time.

I have 100+ hours and I'm on Chapter 5...

I spent like 10'sh hours farming Pentagon chips in Chapter 3 for *every* blade I owned. I still haven't found more powerful chips even in Chapter 5, it's something everyone should do if they are high enough level (I could start farming them around lvl29).

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/204208-xenoblade-chronicles-2/76063964

Seriously this makes the game a lot of fun, being over-leveled and powerful works well as the fights are still tough but just last a lot less time.

Oh wow those are powerful. Might have to look into that.

Back