NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v3: Still noobs at online gaming

Nintendo, you're drunk. Go home.

Lol leave it to nintendo to get the goodwill of customers back only to spit in their face and try to sell em cardboard for 80 bucks sad part is their idiots that will literally pay 80 dollars for cardboard with a nintendo logo slapped on it

I think I'm done with Xeoblade Chronicles. I really wanted to love this game and have a deep RPG on the go, but I'm at the point were playing it almost feels like a chore. I'm about 20 hours in and made it Chapter 5 and the story is fine, I love the battle mechanics and world exploration, but every enemy seems to be a ridiculous damage sponge where the battles stretch out way longer than they need to. Even though I love the mechaincs of the battles, they feel like a chore with the absurd amount of hit points the enemies have and I started just avoiding battles all together to get to the next location. Boss battles I can see have a huge HP pool that stretches out, but a field bunny has no business having like 20,000 HP's that can absorb multiple high damage output attack strings. As I started to level up more, the battles started to feel more and more lopsided. My party was set up with Tora as a Tank, Rex as ATK and Nia as a healer and I never felt like I was in danger of dying as I was able pretty much keep my HP topped off with potions, but the battles took so long that it felt so unbalanced.

I don't feel like they did a very good job balancing enemy damage output and HP's. I think battle would have flowed better if enemies had less HP's with higher damage output. I feel like RPG's with similar real time battle mechincs like FFXII and Ni No Kuni had a much better flow of battle, where XC2 just feels so uneven.

No offense but 20 hours into that game is... Nothing. You haven't even finished the tutorials completely. Everyone talking about how long the fights are have always baffled me. Combo chain, create weakness and finish them off in a couple of moves!

A field bunny with 20k health is nothing. Your combos can do 15-20k damage in a single rotation with where you're at in the game.

EDIT: By 40-50h in the game? You should be hitting like this:

600k'sh damage per rotation... By end game some people are peaking out at ten million + combos.

Lol leave it to nintendo to get the goodwill of customers back only to spit in their face and try to sell em cardboard for 80 bucks sad part is their idiots that will literally pay 80 dollars for cardboard with a nintendo logo slapped on it
The cardboard isn't 80 dollars - it comes with a game. I gotta say it's interesting but as they said before the release it caters more to kids.

How is a company making a product you don't want to use a "spit in the face"? It's not like it's some accessory you need to make the system enjoyable. Nintendo isn't forcing you to buy it. Seems more like a potential missed mark on their part than a middle-finger to the consumer.

edit: this isn't Paradox releasing broken game mechanics, and then fixing those mechanics in a paid DLC. That's a spit in the face to the consumer.

No offense but 20 hours into that game is... Nothing. You haven't even finished the tutorials completely. Everyone talking about how long the fights are have always baffled me. Combo chain, create weakness and finish them off in a couple of moves!

A field bunny with 20k health is nothing. Your combos can do 15-20k damage in a single rotation with where you're at in the game.

EDIT: By 40-50h in the game? You should be hitting like this:

600k'sh damage per rotation... By end game some people are peaking out at ten million + combos.

I'm an RPG guy, I'm all about giving a game a chance to develop. I've finished a lot of mediocre RPG's over the years and as long as I enjoy the combat I can look past other faults.

I actually tried to play another session after I made my post, and I'm actually just shy of 30 hours and I'm in the same area as the video you posted with all my team members at level 37. I'm just not feeling it, the battles just feel so much more drawn out than they need to be. Even in that video you posted, Nia lands a blade combo for 18,000+ damage and it barely nudged the enemies health bar. The chain attack he pulls off at the end was huge chunk of damage, but you need a full chain meter so you can't rely on that level of damage regularly. I get that the enemy in the video was a named mob and was extra beefy in the HP department, but common trash mobs have way to many hit points. It just feels silly having 3 Drivers and Blades going all out on a single bat, chipping away at his HP when I should be mowing through single enemy encounters.

It feels good to pull of big chain combos, but I feel like battles would have flowed a ton better if they dropped enemy HP, increased Auto Attack and Arts damage, and decreased the overall damage for Blade Combos and Chain Attacks. Like I said in my previous post, other RPG's with a real time combat system have done a better job with overall flow. I just can't bring myself to keep playing XC2, which is a real shame as it was one of my hyped games and i REALLY wanted it to be great. It is great for some, it just misses the mark for me.

The cardboard isn't 80 dollars - it comes with a game. I gotta say it's interesting but as they said before the release it caters more to kids.

This. People across the every site I visit has been greatly interested by this and for good reason. You can play it with your kids of ANY age.

As a dad I couldn't be more excited about Nintendo Labo

https://www.destructoid.com/as-a-dad-i-couldn-t-be-more-excited-about-nintendo-labo-483083.phtml

Not to mention that you know...It's for kids and was a peripheral. They made that abundantly clear before the Mini Direct even aired. Compare to something like Guitar Hero or Rockband where you needed SEVERAL peripherals sometimes to play the game most of which are now collecting dust. With this, it's cardboard. You can toss it, recycle it, and then find more if without even trying if you need it.

I'm an RPG guy, I'm all about giving a game a chance to develop. I've finished a lot of mediocre RPG's over the years and as long as I enjoy the combat I can look past other faults.

I actually tried to play another session after I made my post, and I'm actually just shy of 30 hours and I'm in the same area as the video you posted with all my team members at level 37. I'm just not feeling it, the battles just feel so much more drawn out than they need to be. Even in that video you posted, Nia lands a blade combo for 18,000+ damage and it barely nudged the enemies health bar. The chain attack he pulls off at the end was huge chunk of damage, but you need a full chain meter so you can't rely on that level of damage regularly. I get that the enemy in the video was a named mob and was extra beefy in the HP department, but common trash mobs have way to many hit points. It just feels silly having 3 Drivers and Blades going all out on a single bat, chipping away at his HP when I should be mowing through single enemy encounters.

It feels good to pull of big chain combos, but I feel like battles would have flowed a ton better if they dropped enemy HP, increased Auto Attack and Arts damage, and decreased the overall damage for Blade Combos and Chain Attacks. Like I said in my previous post, other RPG's with a real time combat system have done a better job with overall flow. I just can't bring myself to keep playing XC2, which is a real shame as it was one of my hyped games and i REALLY wanted it to be great. It is great for some, it just misses the mark for me.

Yea I didn't like the long battles for regular mobs either and avoided most fights if I could. I would do quest fights and bosses otherwise I mostly just ran from everything. Seems like it's bothering you more than it did me though I was still able to really really enjoy the game.

Yea I didn't like the long battles for regular mobs either and avoided most fights if I could. I would do quest fights and bosses otherwise I mostly just ran from everything. Seems like it's bothering you more than it did me though I was still able to really really enjoy the game.

Which is a shame, because I like all of the other mechanics in the game. I really like the battle system, it just ended up feeling like a chore with the deep HP pools.

If I didn't have any other games on the horizon to play I probably would have stuck with it, but Monster Hunter Worlds comes out this week and I know I'm going drop everything and dive in feet first for hundreds of hours.

Which is a shame, because I like all of the other mechanics in the game. I really like the battle system, it just ended up feeling like a chore with the deep HP pools.

If I didn't have any other games on the horizon to play I probably would have stuck with it, but Monster Hunter Worlds comes out this week and I know I'm going drop everything and dive in feet first for hundreds of hours.

Fuck am I excited for Monster Hunter never played one before but damn it looks fun

Will there be a Monster Hunter coming out for Switch? Ive watched more than 1 ‘upcoming switch games in 2018’ videos and didn’t see it on the list.

Will there be a Monster Hunter coming out for Switch? Ive watched more than 1 ‘upcoming switch games in 2018’ videos and didn’t see it on the list.

Capcom released Monster Hunter XX for the switch in Japan, but said they have no plans to translate it for US release.

They also stated that Monster Hunter World will not be coming to Switch.

I am a big monster hunter fan, but I mainly had time to play it because it was portable (on 3DS), so I am very disappointed right now. I want to play Monster Hunter World but my schedule makes it extremely difficult to put many hours into my PS4.

No blame nintendo for making weak systems even in 2018

Capcom released Monster Hunter XX for the switch in Japan, but said they have no plans to translate it for US release.

They also stated that Monster Hunter World will not be coming to Switch.

I am a big monster hunter fan, but I mainly had time to play it because it was portable (on 3DS), so I am very disappointed right now. I want to play Monster Hunter World but my schedule makes it extremely difficult to put many hours into my PS4.

That really sucks. I bought the Switch because I travel for work and was really hoping that game would drop. Maybe in the future they'll release the Japanese version in the future but that is doubtful.

That really sucks. I bought the Switch because I travel for work and was really hoping that game would drop. Maybe in the future they'll release the Japanese version in the future but that is doubtful.

Given how well Switch sales have been, I'd be surprised if they didn't eventually make a monster hunter on the switch. Just might have to wait a while...

They did say that earlier on before anyone knew the Switch was going to sell so well. Maybe if Monster Hunter World does really well here in the US Capcom will work on getting XX in the US.

Back