NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v3: Still noobs at online gaming

Director of Black Panther plays Stardew Valley on his Switch

The Switch seems to be getting a ton of rpg's. Nice to see. It's definitely in line with Nintendo's handhelds in that respect.

Picked up the Bayonnetta bundle today. Looking forward to playing it after Elimination chamber ends.

Picked up the Bayonnetta bundle today. Looking forward to playing it after Elimination chamber ends.

Yea that's what I've been playing now. Not bad but definitely a poor mans devil may cry like people said. Two is supposed to be better so will see.

Yea that's what I've been playing now. Not bad but definitely a poor mans devil may cry like people said. Two is supposed to be better so will see.
Two is better - good, even. But the entire playthrough I was thinking "do people just enjoy this so much because they like watching her walk?"

I think the whole series is overrated.

Two is better - good, even. But the entire playthrough I was thinking "do people just enjoy this so much because they like watching her walk?"

I think the whole series is overrated.

My main issues so far is the action just is done well for a game like this. They don't throw enough enemies at you and have you doing to much other shit. DMC just knows how to do games like this better.

My main issues so far is the action just is done well for a game like this. They don't throw enough enemies at you and have you doing to much other shit. DMC just knows how to do games like this better.
If anything it feels more "fluid" to me than DMC if that makes sense. Even if they just took the same game and made it DMC I'd be all over it.

But something just feels dirty to me in a Japanese way about Bayonetta. Like tits and ass are the only reason why it got so many 10s over DMC.

If anything it feels more "fluid" to me than DMC if that makes sense. Even if they just took the same game and made it DMC I'd be all over it.

But something just feels dirty to me in a Japanese way about Bayonetta. Like tits and ass are the only reason why it got so many 10s over DMC.
No... The reason why it got 10s is that it is a solidly good game with innovations made by the original creator of DMC, while at the same time DMC was being bastardized by the President and CEO of Ninja Theory.

No... The reason why it got 10s is that it is a solidly good game with innovations made by the original creator of DMC, while at the same time DMC was being bastardized by the President and CEO of Ninja Theory.
Tell me it's on the same level as BotW.

Tell me it's on the same level as BotW.
If "10" = "Perfect" then even BotW isn't a 10.

Now if "10" = "a highly polished and fun game that I don't have any qualms enthusiastically suggesting that people buy" then yes, it is on the same level of BotW.

The art style, animation, unique character concepts, fluidity, etc. It's probably the best action game ever made.

But that said?

Aesthetically I prefer DMC1, and even had more fun playing DMC1.

If "10" = "Perfect" then even BotW isn't a 10.

Now if "10" = "a highly polished and fun game that I don't have any qualms enthusiastically suggesting that people buy" then yes, it is on the same level of BotW.

We'll gave to agree to disagree. I think it's repetitive and if the protagonist wasn't what she is, it'd be "just good".

We'll gave to agree to disagree. I think it's repetitive and if the protagonist wasn't what she is, it'd be "just good".
And that's fine. I just find it puzzling that you paralleled a general disagreement about the ratings of DMC by equating the quality of DMC with that of BotW. That's a huge jump in equivalence and comparative references.

She's my least favorite part of the game? So, sorry. No. I'd still rate it highly.

But why? I'd understand if you were were rating Switch games alone but having finished it I still don't get the draw.

Back