NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v3: Still noobs at online gaming

Owlboy and Hollow Knight are supposed to be badass. Hunt down looks cool but I'm wondering wtf is up with the Smash and Adcance Wars clones

Kentucky Route Zero and No More Heroes coming to Switch!

Hotline Miami in the NMH trailer too...maybe a sign? Sure hope so.

Really thinking of buying a Switch due to the portable option and having skipped the last generation of consoles. Is it worth the price or should I wait for it to be reduced? I'd like to get a limited/special edition console variant but there doesn't seem to be one. Also paying $60+ for a game seems ridiculous...

Really thinking of buying a Switch due to the portable option and having skipped the last generation of consoles. Is it worth the price or should I wait for it to be reduced? I'd like to get a limited/special edition console variant but there doesn't seem to be one. Also paying $60+ for a game seems ridiculous...
Well, which games on it interest you (or what type of games interest you period)? There are plenty of indies that don't cost $60.

Is anyone else playing Mario+Rabbids? I always see release announcements but don't see many people talking about what they're playing.

I'd say it's definitely worth it. I love the portability factor, whether it be on the toilet, or on a trip. For instance, I'm heading up to Boston tomorrow and my niece and nephews love Mario Kart. I bring the Switch with me and we have hours of fun for them, without much effort.

It's an awesome system, great games so far, and very well built. It lends itself perfectly for any gaming situation. I can't give it enough high praise, and I was one of the skeptics before it was released.

Well, which games on it interest you (or what type of games interest you period)? There are plenty of indies that don't cost $60.

Zelda obviously, i'm a RPG guy. Xenoblade and Zelda would be bought with the system and Mario+Rabbids sounds like a possible pick up. I wouldn't have access to internet play (i'm on a ship) so i couldn't download indy games... is the online service free? I like unique games, and RPG, traditional turn based JRPG and tactical.

Zelda obviously, i'm a RPG guy. Xenoblade and Zelda would be bought with the system and Mario+Rabbids sounds like a possible pick up. I wouldn't have access to internet play (i'm on a ship) so i couldn't download indy games... is the online service free? I like unique games, and RPG, traditional turn based JRPG and tactical.

How would you use the online service anyway if you're on a ship and have no access to internet play? Unless I'm missing something...the Switch doesn't have 3G or anything and is wifi only.

Other than that, Zelda was worth the Switch alone for me. That was 100+ hours of gameplay right there. Tactical you'd probably enjoy Mario + Rabbids, and I've heard Disgaea 5 is good for turn based JRPGs.

How would you use the online service anyway if you're on a ship and have no access to internet play? Unless I'm missing something...the Switch doesn't have 3G or anything and is wifi only.

Other than that, Zelda was worth the Switch alone for me. That was 100+ hours of gameplay right there. Tactical you'd probably enjoy Mario + Rabbids, and I've heard Disgaea 5 is good for turn based JRPGs.

We have internet but it's not consistent enough due to not being near land sometimes to play online. I'm playing disgaea 2 right now so I would definitely get 5 but now we're talking $200 worth of games on top of the system. I make good money but can't justify that, I'd rather buy some rare nes games... I think I'll wait untill it drops and the games are cheaper...

We have internet but it's not consistent enough due to not being near land sometimes to play online. I'm playing disgaea 2 right now so I would definitely get 5 but now we're talking $200 worth of games on top of the system. I make good money but can't justify that, I'd rather buy some rare nes games... I think I'll wait untill it drops and the games are cheaper...

My brother actually showed me this the other day - he bought one and it looks pretty dope, if you're talking old school games...

maxresdefault.jpg

http://www.gcw-zero.com/

If you're an RPG guy and like the portability you should look into grabbing a PS Vita. I have a Switch and Zelda is great but it lacks a really great turn based RPG(Xenoblade should change that). My Vita is my RPG machine.

You can play FF 1-X2 + Tactics
Persona 3 and Persona 4 Golden (P4G rivals FFVII for greatest JRPG for me)
Ys series
A bunch of Disgaia games

There are a ton of PSP RPG's you can download and play on the Vita as well. The Vita is on the tail end of it's life cycle here in the states, but it's library is HUGE compared to the Switch, especially if you like RPG's.

If you're an RPG guy and like the portability you should look into grabbing a PS Vita. I have a Switch and Zelda is great but it lacks a really great turn based RPG(Xenoblade should change that). My Vita is my RPG machine.

You can play FF 1-X2 + Tactics
Persona 3 and Persona 4 Golden (P4G rivals FFVII for greatest JRPG for me)
Ys series
A bunch of Disgaia games

There are a ton of PSP RPG's you can download and play on the Vita as well. The Vita is on the tail end of it's life cycle here in the states, but it's library is HUGE compared to the Switch, especially if you like RPG's.

I hear you. I play the shit out of my PSP right now, and want a vita but the price has got to be right. I know that if i buy a vita i'll buy so many games... guess i'm just being cheap...

150 bucks for something my phone can do?

Nooo thank you

I like having buttons though - I used to love phone emulation when phones had physical buttons, especially once controllers started having l and r keys. My HTC TYTNII was the shit for that.

Back