NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v4: Did someone say... SMASH?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Online has 20 solid NES games for launch...gonna try the 7 day trial when I get home. Might install the Dark Souls beta as well.

Online has 20 solid NES games for launch...gonna try the 7 day trial when I get home. Might install the Dark Souls beta as well.

Wait there's a Dark Souls Beta? I might get in on that. I hate the whole Online thing Nintendo is doing since I think it's bullshit given the lack of servers and cloud saves and the addition of NES games barely covers anything, but their online games are really fucking fun.

Wait there's a Dark Souls Beta? I might get in on that. I hate the whole Online thing Nintendo is doing since I think it's bullshit given the lack of servers and cloud saves and the addition of NES games barely covers anything, but their online games are really fucking fun.
Yep the next three Fridays. It's on the store to download.

It's nice to finally get cloud saves for insurance in case anything happens to my Switch, but the real downer is cloud saves aren't supported for Splatoon 2, which is LITERALLY the one game I want them for. I understand that they don't want people to save scum and all that, but why not just back up your level, gear, and cash and leave your rank alone? I saw that Mario Tennis Aces is getting its data backed up to a server with the last update since it doesn't support cloud saves either. Gives me a little bit of hope we might get that with Sploon 2, especially with how huge it is in Japan.

Thinking of getting a Switch, but I am not completely sold yet. I am mainly interested in Mario Kart / Mario Party as I have a fairly new PC to run AAA Games if needed, but I am disappointed in the complete absence of SNES / N64 / GameCube games being offered just for retro purposes. Hell I would probably play the old games as much as the new ones. Yes, I do have a raspberry and retropie, but its not close to the same and N64 games are still buggy.

Thinking of getting a Switch, but I am not completely sold yet. I am mainly interested in Mario Kart / Mario Party as I have a fairly new PC to run AAA Games if needed, but I am disappointed in the complete absence of SNES / N64 / GameCube games being offered just for retro purposes. Hell I would probably play the old games as much as the new ones. Yes, I do have a raspberry and retropie, but its not close to the same and N64 games are still buggy.

Have high powered gaming PC that laughs in the face of 4k and VR requirements. Can attest that N64 and GC games are buggy and finnicky at times. MK8 Deluxe is dope AF and have heard great things from the new Mario Party so you can rest easy on those two fronts.

Some of these NES games aren't emulated the best. Zelda visually glitched out on me when I got to one of the temples and now I can't get it back to normal unless I start over, it seems.

Mario 3 has some small visual stuff, but haven't noticed anything in other games so far.

Bah! This game comes out a day after I leave for work travel. Have a couple of long flights and some hotel nights I'm trying to line up juicy Switch game for and this would have been perfect. Currently leaning on Diablo III since that drops the Friday before, but would much rather have a nice RPG.

Bah! This game comes out a day after I leave for work travel. Have a couple of long flights and some hotel nights I'm trying to line up juicy Switch game for and this would have been perfect. Currently leaning on Diablo III since that drops the Friday before, but would much rather have a nice RPG.

I travel a lot for work which is the reason I picked up a switch. Their latest update add the ability to log in hotel WiFi via splash page, FYI.

It’s amazing to me than anyone over age 12 cares about this Fischer price my first fighting game. Nintoddlers are sick in the head.

It’s amazing to me than anyone over age 12 cares about this Fischer price my first fighting game. Nintoddlers are sick in the head.

It’s amazing to me anyone old enough to create a Sherdog account cares about what other people are playing. Grow up.

It’s amazing to me anyone old enough to create a Sherdog account cares about what other people are playing. Grow up.
16_B55_CFE-1_DA3-4_CE3-_A248-_D44615_E118_FB.jpg
[/url][/IMG] This is who you’re going to be playing smash With.

http://www.gamesinsiders.com/2018/09/sega-ages-virtua-racing-announced-for.html

Today during Sega's stage event at Tokyo Game Show, Sega announced that the Formula One racing arcade gameVirtua Racing is joining the Sega Ages lineup for Nintendo Switch. A release date was not shared.

Virtua Racing or V.R. for short, is a Formula One racing arcade game, developed by Sega AM2 and released in 1992. Virtua Racing is regarded as one of the most influential video games of all time, for laying the foundations for subsequent 3D racing games and for popularizing 3D polygonal graphics among a wider audience.

Sega also revealed the top 30 results for the most wanted Sega Ages title from the fan poll on Twitter. The list includes:

1. Jet Set Radio series
  2. Shenmue (I & II)
  3. Azel: Panzer Dragoon RPG
  4. Virtua Fighter series
  5. Shining series
  6. Panzer Dragoon series
  7. Sakura Wars series
  8. Puyo Puyo series
  9. Cyber Troopers Virtual-On series
  10. Burning Ranger
  11. Skies of Arcadia
  12. NiGHTS into dreams…