NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v4: Did someone say... SMASH?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I predict the Pokemon Switch game (The one that comes out next year) will break sales records.

So I have been thinking about buying a Nintendo switch because I love smash bros, Mario kart and Zelda.

But I put that controller in my hand and hate it... maybe I’m just crazy but I dislike it

Can you use a GameCube controller or that Nintendo “ultimate pro controller” for all the switch games?

So I have been thinking about buying a Nintendo switch because I love smash bros, Mario kart and Zelda.

But I put that controller in my hand and hate it... maybe I’m just crazy but I dislike it

Can you use a GameCube controller or that Nintendo “ultimate pro controller” for all the switch games?

Pro controller works for almost every game. The only one I know for sure doesn't support it is Super Mario Party.

Pro controller works for almost every game. The only one I know for sure doesn't support it is Super Mario Party.

Okay awesome. I have googled around but haven’t found a good link to explain what it works for etc. The Nintendo website ain’t the best for this..

Is there a specific game you are worried about?

Yes, the new Zelda game mostly. But also Mario Kart and Smash Bros.
Mario Kart and Zelda both work with the pro controller. Smash probably will, but not out yet to see obviously.

So Im planning on getting a switch just for Zelda, never really been a huge fan of either Mario or Zelda but I do want to play BOTW and Odessey, and one of the main reasons is the portability. Are thos two games worth it? Especially if youre only playing it on portable mode?

So Im planning on getting a switch just for Zelda, never really been a huge fan of either Mario or Zelda but I do want to play BOTW and Odessey, and one of the main reasons is the portability. Are thos two games worth it? Especially if youre only playing it on portable mode?

I'd say you'd get great value out of those two games. Mario O is a great pick up and play game, easy to pass time, whereas the Zelda is more of a grinder game. If you like platformers, check out Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze as well.

I'd say you'd get great value out of those two games. Mario O is a great pick up and play game, easy to pass time, whereas the Zelda is more of a grinder game. If you like platformers, check out Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze as well.
The last platformer I played and liked was Rayman on the vita, so I do enjoy platformers on handhelds, but Zelda is a grinder? Can you explain more? I know ill probably find the weapon breaking stuff annoying but if the package as a whole is great, it shouldnt be detrimental, besides I also would replay DS as a handheld.

What I meant as a grinder is that you'll more time into it, like an investment vs that of Mario where you can pick up and play the moon objectives. It's not a bad thing at all. The exploring of the map is the greatest part, opening up new areas. Finding new gear, weapons, etc.. This reminds me that I need to finally finish that game.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...th-release-of-a-souped-up-the-legend-of-zelda

Nintendo surprises Switch Online subscribers with stealth release of a "souped-up" The Legend of Zelda

Living the life of luxury!

Wesley Yin-Poole

Deputy Editor

@wyp100
Nintendo has stealth released a special version of The Legend of Zelda to Switch Online subscribers.

Today, as announced, Solomon's Key, NES Open Tournament Golf and Super Dodge Ball were added to the Switch Online NES catalogue of games. But a bonus, unannounced game was also released: The Legend of Zelda - Living the life of luxury!

jpg

This is a "souped-up" version of the game that makes it a lot easier to get going. You start with loads of rupees and items, and you begin with all equipment, including the White Sword, Magical Shield, the Blue Ring and the Power Bracelet.

jpg

If you beat the game, you get access to a more difficult version called Second Quest.

jpg

The Legend of Zelda is famous for plonking players down in a massive world and letting them get on with it, so it can be a bewildering, intimidating experience for newcomers. This new version should go some way to helping those who might otherwise be put off get into the game.

jpg

It's a bit like playing The Legend of Zelda with an old-school cheat code, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back