NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v4: Did someone say... SMASH?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The switch fucking sucks. I seriously regret it but I understand why I bought it. I had 2 very long international round trip flights planned and the switch served me well. It made 9 hour flights fly by.

But now that I have been stationary for 6 months, the console literally collects dust. Mario and and Mario Kart are just not good enough for me to play at home.

I want to love the switch, but the games are even worse than the XB1.

Until we get a new Enternal Darkness, Star Fox, or Luigi's Mansion, the switch is the shittiest console out today and I would never recommend it. Get a PS4 Pro and never look back.

I'm hoping this means that Persona 5 is coming to the Switch, it's just bizarre to throw a character into Smash that doesn't even have a game on the platform. I know there is an untitled SMT game in the works, but I would double dip some Persona action on the Switch.
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/12/0...nced-version-of-persona-5-on-nintendo-switch/

Rumored to be announced on the day Joker becomes available in smash.

I never finished it on PS4 but got about 3/4 through. Would buy again on switch in a heartbeat.

The switch fucking sucks. I seriously regret it but I understand why I bought it. I had 2 very long international round trip flights planned and the switch served me well. It made 9 hour flights fly by.

But now that I have been stationary for 6 months, the console literally collects dust. Mario and and Mario Kart are just not good enough for me to play at home.

Until we get a new Enternal Darkness, Star Fox, or Luigi's Mansion, the switch is the shittiest console out today and I would never recommend it. Get a PS4 Pro and never look back.
you're a horrible human being.

Enjoy your on the rails "cinematic" games.

Bounced over from my Barbarian to a Demon Hunter with a Multishot build. The difference in damage output is nuts but the survivability is in the crapper. It doesn't hit as hard, but size of the AoE cone and rate of fire of Multishot just lays waste to everything. What killed me 9 times out of 10 with the Barbarian was getting stuck on floor damage/explosion/lasers, so keeping the distance with the Demon Hunter avoids most of the damage. Even though he's squishy as fuck, I die a lot less since I don't have to be right in the center of the action.

Want to do a Monk build next.

Funny how the rumours come out as soon as the Joker is announced for Smash. Lol It take it with a grain of salt.
Dlc #2...solaire! One can hope for that at least

Did you only buy two games for it and then claim the switch has shit games?

Maybe buy other games? Im looking forward to smashing through BOTW for my week holiday. Tons of other games to buy, DS and bayonetta on the go? So much fun imo.

Smash is so much damn fun. Picked up D3 on sale, seems like it would be a great fit for the console. Looking forward to jumping back into it.

The Switch gets more play in my house than the PS4. Granted I have kids but still, Zelda, Mario, Fortnite, Mario Kart, Mario Party, Smash Bros, Captain Toad...I'm going to need new Joy cons eventually because the ones in my house are getting warn out.

The Switch is an amazing device. For a business traveler like myself it’s a godsend. When my GF wants to watch one of her silly shows, I can play that. Excellent game library that’s sure to get bigger and more robust. It was the right direction for Nintendo.

Spent 11 hours straight on Smash yesterday. Goddamn the spirit adventure is addictive.

Those Jeff and M. Bison battles almost had me breaking my controller.

Last edited:
Is smash nearly as fun sp than it is with friends? Not man of my friends play smash. MK8 always gets playtime with the casuals though.

Spent 11 hours straight on Smash yesterday. Goddamn the spirit adventure is addictive.

Those Jeff and M. Bison battles almost had me breaking my controller.

M. Bison is in Smash? I've heard Juri is as well. Anyone else outside of Ryu, Ken and Guile?

Did you only buy two games for it and then claim the switch has shit games?

Maybe buy other games? Im looking forward to smashing through BOTW for my week holiday. Tons of other games to buy, DS and bayonetta on the go? So much fun imo.

Don’t bother with him about the Switch. He’s been a troll since day 1 for the switch. Enjoy your games and don’t even worry about it.

M. Bison is in Smash? I've heard Juri is as well. Anyone else outside of Ryu, Ken and Guile?

Haven't run into Guile, but I got Juri, Cammy, Ryu, Blanka, Zangief, Bison, Sagat and Balrog. Keep in mind they aren't ACTUALLY those characters, just existing smash fighters meant to represent them - for example, Little Mac plays Balrog and Balrog's music plays when you fight him, but when you beat him you get the Balrog spirit. Only actual SF characters playable in smash are Ryu and Ken.

There's a section during the spirits adventure dedicated to SF2 - you even get in a plane and fly from country to country to face off against new SF characters.

They actually put most of SF2 and SSF2's soundtrack in the game too - nice little homage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back