NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v4: Did someone say... SMASH?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it. They have some old games on there and online save for $1.66 a month. Sounds good to me.

It's just not worth it to me when the online is not being improved. All chat features are still tethered to the phone app, no dedicated servers, and backup saves are free on every other console via SD cards or Usb with Sony only charging for Cloud(really GOOD Cloud might I add) and MS having it be free of charge. See my previous post about Splatoon. The online in that game is pedestrian at best on many occasions, but it's tolerated because it's free. Add a pay component to that and the service is pure anal cancer unless they GREATLY beef everything up via paid servers.

Edit: The old games are also not a particularly good motivation due to emulation.

Last edited:
It's just not worth it to me when the online is not being improved. All chat features are still tethered to the phone app, no dedicated servers, and backup saves are free on every other console via SD cards or Usb with Sony only charging for Cloud(really GOOD Cloud might I add) and MS having it be free of charge. See my previous post about Splatoon. The online in that game is pedestrian at best on many occasions, but it's tolerated because it's free. Add a pay component to that and the service is pure anal cancer unless they GREATLY beef everything up via paid servers.

Well dedicated servers isn't even guaranteed on Xbox or Sony. Some games have it some don't. I understand the chat feature thing I don't use my switch for online play it's just for me to play solo but in the future who knows it does suck that this is missing.

I honestly didn't expect much from this service once I heard it would be 20/yr. I mean that's pretty much free IMO. So as long as I got cloud saves I was going to be happy the old games on top of that is even better, if they stay on your system permanently once you download them than I've gotten more than I can hope for.

Well dedicated servers isn't even guaranteed on Xbox or Sony. Some games have it some don't. I understand the chat feature thing I don't use my switch for online play it's just for me to play solo but in the future who knows it does suck that this is missing.

I honestly didn't expect much from this service once I heard it would be 20/yr. I mean that's pretty much free IMO. So as long as I got cloud saves I was going to be happy the old games on top of that is even better, if they stay on your system permanently once you download them than I've gotten more than I can hope for.
We'll see as more info gets drip fed, but so far I'm not seeing $20 worth unless they beef things up a lot.

We'll see as more info gets drip fed, but so far I'm not seeing $20 worth unless they beef things up a lot.

I know what you mean, I'm in the same boat as you.

Right now basically only two main online games in MK8 and Splatoon2. Never played Arms but not interested in it.
E3 next month will hopefully show a lot of 3rd party support. Personally, I would like a Tom Clancy game that you can link play with friends when visiting or traveling together.

I know what you mean, I'm in the same boat as you.

Right now basically only two main online games in MK8 and Splatoon2. Never played Arms but not interested in it.
E3 next month will hopefully show a lot of 3rd party support. Personally, I would like a Tom Clancy game that you can link play with friends when visiting or traveling together.

Smash will be coming out soon ditto for Souls, but other than that, yeah things look iffy in that front. The biggest thing is that they NEED dedicated servers if they even want to entertain the idea of an online presence. As things currently stand, the online in Splatoon is adequate. Not great or even good, but adequate that MOST of your matches won't suffer a disconnect(either your team or the opposing) and it's generally tolerated since it's free. But if we have to pay and there are STILL no dedicated servers to beef up connectivity and we still have to do things via p2p, then yeah no deal man.

Smash will be coming out soon ditto for Souls, but other than that, yeah things look iffy in that front. The biggest thing is that they NEED dedicated servers if they even want to entertain the idea of an online presence. As things currently stand, the online in Splatoon is adequate. Not great or even good, but adequate that MOST of your matches won't suffer a disconnect(either your team or the opposing) and it's generally tolerated since it's free. But if we have to pay and there are STILL no dedicated servers to beef up connectivity and we still have to do things via p2p, then yeah no deal man.

September is still 4 months away, hopefully they're secretly building it up before launch. But right now I'm in the "wait and see" section on Nintendo's paid subscription

Just picked up Skyrim. Never played the game. What should I expect? Are there bosses?

Just picked up Skyrim. Never played the game. What should I expect? Are there bosses?

Expect to feel overwhelmed. Get the spells candlelight for dungeons. There is kind of bosses you'll see what I mean.

Well they finally are bringing it over

For as long as I have been drooling for a MH game on the Switch, I find myself pretty "meh" with this coming west after spending so much time with Monster Hunter World. There were so many enhancements in MHW, that I feel like going back to generations would feel like a huge step back.

For as long as I have been drooling for a MH game on the Switch, I find myself pretty "meh" with this coming west after spending so much time with Monster Hunter World. There were so many enhancements in MHW, that I feel like going back to generations would feel like a huge step back.

MHW definitely did add some QoL changes that will be hard to come back from.

However, I am currently wishing it had a larger monster roster, so Generations:U will be a welcome addition for me. Plus the arts add something that is not present in MHW.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/05...ing-nintendo-switch-digitally-retail-june-21/

Minecraft’s Bedrock Update Coming to Nintendo Switch Digitally and in Retail on June 21
By Will Tuttle, Xbox Wire Editor in Chief posted on May 10, 2018 at 2:00 pm

Minecraft-Key-Art-with-Switch-hero.jpg

The launch of Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition last year was a big moment for us, and now it’s time to take the next step in the evolution of this beloved franchise. We’re happy to announce that the Bedrock version of Minecraft will launch June 21 for the Nintendo Switch system, both digitally on Nintendo eShop and as a physical release at retail. As with our recent Better Together update for Xbox One, players who already own Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition will be able to digitally upgrade to Minecraft for free.

Minecraft will be the first game on Nintendo Switch to feature cross-play support across Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Windows 10 PCs, Android devices, iOS phones and tablets, and VR platforms will all be able to play together for the first time ever. Whether they’re working together to build the home of their dreams or standing shoulder-to-shoulder as they enter the End to take down the Enderdragon, there will always be something for friends to do together, regardless of platform.

“Bringing the definitive version of Minecraft to Nintendo Switch is a huge step forward in our journey to unite Minecraft players across any device,” said Phil Spencer, head of gaming for Microsoft. “We’ve worked closely with Nintendo to bring an amazing experience to the Nintendo Switch system’s dynamic and rapidly-growing ecosystem and couldn’t be more excited to deliver what Minecraft players have been asking for.”

As is the case with Minecraft on any Bedrock platform, Minecraft on Nintendo Switch will now also support achievements and Gamerscore, reflecting players’ activities and experiences within the game and allowing them to compare stats with friends.

Minecraft also lets players on the Nintendo Switch system access the Minecraft Marketplace for the first time, allowing them to explore a constantly-growing community marketplace. They can purchase unique maps, skins, and texture packs from favorite creators within the massive Minecraft community. Players will be able to make purchases safely and securely with Minecoins, and all purchases can be enjoyed across every platform on which the Minecraft Marketplace is available.

“This new version of Minecraft offers players even more options to play anytime and anywhere on Nintendo Switch,” said Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime. “With previously released content like the Super Mario Mash-Up included, players everywhere can experience what it’s like when Minecraft meets the Mushroom Kingdom!”

Stay tuned for the latest game news and updates at Minecraft.net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back