Nintendo Switch online...

treelo

//Do something here
@red
Reaction score
I have this console, it doesnt get plugged in anymore and just gets used when we are on holidays/trips as it is the best portable machine ever.

But i was super excited when they announced the online, i liked the price, and i was under the impression we were going to get some retro games(from both the NES and SNES) for free each month.

I was super super disappointed to find out they are only providing NES games at launch, while there are some classics, it feels a little bit disappointing and i wonder what the plans are going forwards, as not a single SNES game was up for grabs.

I thought they let you “rent” two games for free a month? Is the online even out yet?

Last edited:
The Switch is the best system to own, but in certain vital ways, Nintendo is behind the times...as their online set-up is amateur hour.

That said, WAR Nintendo!

It's Nintendo, you shouldn't have had any expectations, then you would have been pleasantly surprised.;)

terrible online offering. still no way to voice chat directly through controller/headset. The best time to jump in will probably be in a year when they figure out what really works as online infrastructure.

I thought they let you “rent” two games for free a month? Is the online even out yet?
“For free” assuming you pay the online subscription right? I’m out of the loop

“For free” assuming you pay the online subscription right? I’m out of the loop

As long as you have the online sub, you can play all of the "NES classic" games as they're all on one app. I believe you need to log in the online at least once a week to keep playing them offline or something along those lines.

Personally I don't mind paying $20 a year to play Nintendo's games online. The only thing that pisses me off is that cloud saves are not supported for the one game I really need them for, Splatoon 2.

Back