NiOh DLC

dude I’ve got 300 hours into it and grinded for hours a day for new gear. It just tickles my autism in all the right ways.
Funny you say that. I started another level 1 run around Xmas after watching a French streamer do one and I've become obsessed with trying to get 200 toughness to help with the eventual dlc bosses. I got to around 175 by reforging my armour and now I'm grinding Ungyo titles for Prestige points. That's the only other way to increase toughness.

I never even paid attention to this part of the game before but it's like another mini leveling system based on trophies. A lot of them are easy but some are pretty tough like the crusher titles where you have to beat bosses without getting hit. Stuff like that. This game has a ridiculous amount of content if you want to do everything.

Funny you say that. I started another level 1 run around Xmas after watching a French streamer do one and I've become obsessed with trying to get 200 toughness to help with the eventual dlc bosses. I got to around 175 by reforging my armour and now I'm grinding Ungyo titles for Prestige points. That's the only other way to increase toughness.

I never even paid attention to this part of the game before but it's like another mini leveling system based on trophies. A lot of them are easy but some are pretty tough like the crusher titles where you have to beat bosses without getting hit. Stuff like that. This game has a ridiculous amount of content if you want to do everything.
I even fucking beat Sasuke with Tonfas for the trophy

I even fucking beat Sasuke with Tonfas for the trophy
Oh so you already knew about all that stuff? It's a neat concept but there are so many trophies. I wonder how many hours it would take to do all of them.

Oh so you already knew about all that stuff? It's a neat concept but there are so many trophies. I wonder how many hours it would take to do all of them.
Beat bosses without getting hit=level to 500, go to way of samurai, use power pill and living weapon, kill boss with one swing

Killing Sasuke with Tonfas is an actual achievement trophy

Killing Sasuke with Tonfas is an actual achievement trophy
So not prestige, just one of the new trophies from the dlc. Got it. If you're a completionist, do not start doing these prestige titles. It's like trying to platinum Skyrim. lol

I've hit a HUGE jump in cost coming to the end of WotD. With 30 prestige points dumped into Soul Match Discount, the end cost of Devine Gear around 170+10 was hanging around roughly 1mil. Got a few drops to level up my primary weapon from 171+14 and it would have taken it to 196+15 and the total cost was 9.6mil. I think I'm hitting the point now where Soul Matching gear is going to go out the window for the most part and I will have to rely on drops and reforging for ideal skills. Which is fine for the most part since I just made it to the final region and the drops are way higher than my current gear, I'll just have to farm a bit going to have to give up on set bonuses.

I've hit a HUGE jump in cost coming to the end of WotD. With 30 prestige points dumped into Soul Match Discount, the end cost of Devine Gear around 170+10 was hanging around roughly 1mil. Got a few drops to level up my primary weapon from 171+14 and it would have taken it to 196+15 and the total cost was 9.6mil. I think I'm hitting the point now where Soul Matching gear is going to go out the window for the most part and I will have to rely on drops and reforging for ideal skills. Which is fine for the most part since I just made it to the final region and the drops are way higher than my current gear, I'll just have to farm a bit going to have to give up on set bonuses.
Nah I’m soul matching through way of the NiOh and the only time it’s that expensive is if there’s a gap between levels of the shit you’re matching. You have to match a +15 with another 15 or 16 to create a +16. Trying to match with something significantly higher makes the cost go through the roof.

Nah I’m soul matching through way of the NiOh and the only time it’s that expensive is if there’s a gap between levels of the shit you’re matching. You have to match a +15 with another 15 or 16 to create a +16. Trying to match with something significantly higher makes the cost go through the roof.

Good to know. I think I'll still be better off upgrading my armor though. My current armor is like 170+5, and the stuff I'm getting to drop is like 200+15. I'd have to drop back a few regions to find a place that would level up my gear more gradually. Right now I'm farming Amrita in the Omi region on the Demon Kings Returns mission I think. The one where you get the gank squad at the beginning. Seeing a lot of Devine drops of the run of the mil Yokai, plus there are 6 boss mobs that are fairly easy that drop 2~4 Devine drops a piece. So even though I'm Amrita farming I'm sure I'll get some suitable replacements at a faster pace than going back and grinding for Soul Match drops.

My primary weapon I have been keeping up, so I will look for a more suitable Soul Match drop. Hoping I get lucky and get one with the % off of a Soul Match.

How much patronage is for the Soul Match perk? I figure I'll start building these up quick when I start Soul Matching higher gear.

Good to know. I think I'll still be better off upgrading my armor though. My current armor is like 170+5, and the stuff I'm getting to drop is like 200+15. I'd have to drop back a few regions to find a place that would level up my gear more gradually. Right now I'm farming Amrita in the Omi region on the Demon Kings Returns mission I think. The one where you get the gank squad at the beginning. Seeing a lot of Devine drops of the run of the mil Yokai, plus there are 6 boss mobs that are fairly easy that drop 2~4 Devine drops a piece. So even though I'm Amrita farming I'm sure I'll get some suitable replacements at a faster pace than going back and grinding for Soul Match drops.

My primary weapon I have been keeping up, so I will look for a more suitable Soul Match drop. Hoping I get lucky and get one with the % off of a Soul Match.

How much patronage is for the Soul Match perk? I figure I'll start building these up quick when I start Soul Matching higher gear.
I farmed that mission for the Demon King smithing text and got 3 Yasakanis in like 4 runs. And that was in NG so you should get some good ones in your game cycle.

I just saw DSP in Tolo's chat. He's playing Skyrim with some weird Star Wars mod. lol
They’re like best friends now, they subscribe to each other and Chat in each other’s streams. Phil is supposed to play MHW with Tolo and Cryaotic at some point

They’re like best friends now, they subscribe to each other and Chat in each other’s streams. Phil is supposed to play MHW with Tolo and Cryaotic at some point
That's hilarious. I haven't watched him in forever because he's always playing weird shit.

That's hilarious. I haven't watched him in forever because he's always playing weird shit.
I’ve stopped watching him too, he’s flaky and plays dumb games, and his chat sucks. I usually fall asleep to streams so I’ll throw on sleeve or the Bob Ross channel

I’ve stopped watching him too, he’s flaky and plays dumb games, and his chat sucks. I usually fall asleep to streams so I’ll throw on sleeve or the Bob Ross channel
What's sleeve?

Does anyone know how Hundred Eyes' hp regen works?

I just read on reddit that the lasers heal him if they hit you. Is that correct? I don't remember this fight being time sensitive but somehow he keeps healing on me.

I just rewatched my last attempt and that guy is wrong. I have no idea what the trigger is for this but he sucks in amrita from the second row of the arena. There are a bunch of huge amrita chunks lining the arena and somehow he absorbs huge amounts of it. Crazy, he regens almost a third of his hp at once. I don't remember this at all.

Does anyone know how Hundred Eyes' hp regen works?

I just read on reddit that the lasers heal him if they hit you. Is that correct? I don't remember this fight being time sensitive but somehow he keeps healing on me.
I dunno I always cheese him. Even on Way of the NiOh I absolutely destroyed him with proper cheese

Did some work leveling up my gear after I had hit a wall on WotD. I beat just enough levels to unlock The Demon King returns and just farmed Amrita and +15 gear to beef up my build. Breezing through the levels again and just about to unlock WotW(I think that's the next one). I really want to keep playing, but Monster Hunter Worlds comes out Friday and going to have to shelve Nioh for a while.

Back