NiOh DLC

LOL he's playing it again tonight. Haven't seen him stream in a long time.
He’s gonna hate the ending, already hates the game. It was a pile of shit in a shiny package, in retrospect

He’s gonna hate the ending, already hates the game. It was a pile of shit in a shiny package, in retrospect
I only played the free demo but watched yukas play some of the main game and it looked ok but he said it got repetitive.

I only played the free demo but watched yukas play some of the main game and it looked ok but he said it got repetitive.
Imagine playing the same fetch quests over and over, but you have to to unlock main missions. Definitely got old.

How is the DLC for this game? Is it pretty good? Comparable to the DLC for the Souls games?

I’m trying to decide whether to buy the complete version or just stick the base game.

How is the DLC for this game? Is it pretty good? Comparable to the DLC for the Souls games?

I’m trying to decide whether to buy the complete version or just stick the base game.
There are three new areas with around 10 main missions and a bunch of side missions. Like with Souls, they are a pretty big step up in difficulty.

I wouldn't say they're as great as Souls but they're pretty good. I've done them 2-3 times now and they're definitely a challenge.

I've been watching this dude for a while. He's doing a level one run and he's up to like ng+4 now. Probably the best Nioh player I've ever seen. Spoiler tags because it's a DLC boss... also the fastest in the game.

Started Nioh last night. Not really sure how I feel about it so far for first impressions. For a “Souls-esque” game it’s supposed to be great, but coming into this as a longtime player of the Soulsborne franchise, and immediately straight out of Dark Souls 3 I don’t know what to think of it. The control scheme is going to take a while to get used to compares to Souls, especially the fact that the attack button is Square (playing on PS4) instead of the right trigger, meaning you have to take your thumb off the right joystick to attack, which I do not like. Camera seems a little wonky too at times. I’ll stick with it, because it’s very well regarded, but so far I’m a little disappointed. I hope it gets better because I love the Souls games and the Ninja Gaiden games, so I though the Ninja Gaiden team making a Souls game sounded spectacular. We’ll see.

What are these buffs on the red enemies in WotD? I tried backwaving a couple and died instantly. Never seen that before.

Started playing this again the other day and start up Way of the Wise, holy christ am i getting my shit pushed in. Trying to farm some ethereal gear and it's going super slow. I got a few pieces, but nothing that fits into my current build. Thankfully making money isn't terribly hard to farm, so at least upgrading my current gear from 200 to 220ish isn't a huge slog. Got 3 of 5 pieces upgraded at least, with the chest and waist being a little more expensive.

I was lucky enough that I picked up a ethereal kursigama that was 220 +20 right out of the gates, so at least my damage is somewhat descent at the begining. Not sure if I have the patience to finish out this run. I really want to change my build to go Katana, but that will be a huge undertaking grinding for gear.

Is this game still broken on PC?

Is this game still broken on PC?
In what way?

I have way more time on the PC version than PS4 and have had very few crashes. It's better optimized for PS4 but nothing game breaking that I've seen.

Finally getting my bearings in Way of the Wise after upgrading my armor so I don't get 1 shot by trash mobs. Got a few pieces of ethereal gear and only 1 away from activating one of the grace abilities for 40% Iei damage for the Katana. Really been wanting to switch my build from Kursigama to the Katana, so will hopefully will pick up that last piece soon.

Thought I hit the lottery when I got an ethereal Prayer Beads that had a skill for -1 required equipment for set bonuses. I knew you couldn't stack 2 Yasakani Magatama, but was hoping with a different piece of gear it would stack the effect, but no such luck.

I forgot how deep the loot system in this game had it's hooks in me from being away quite some time, but coming back really hits the spot.

Finally getting my bearings in Way of the Wise after upgrading my armor so I don't get 1 shot by trash mobs. Got a few pieces of ethereal gear and only 1 away from activating one of the grace abilities for 40% Iei damage for the Katana. Really been wanting to switch my build from Kursigama to the Katana, so will hopefully will pick up that last piece soon.

Thought I hit the lottery when I got an ethereal Prayer Beads that had a skill for -1 required equipment for set bonuses. I knew you couldn't stack 2 Yasakani Magatama, but was hoping with a different piece of gear it would stack the effect, but no such luck.

I forgot how deep the loot system in this game had it's hooks in me from being away quite some time, but coming back really hits the spot.
I just finished WOTWise and was impressed. They replaced some regular enemies with tougher ones and even added to some bosses' movesets so they have completely new moves now. Made them harder.

For instance, Giant Toad's new moves are legit and completely destroyed my old strategy for fighting him. Had to find an entirely new approach.

I just finished WOTWise and was impressed. They replaced some regular enemies with tougher ones and even added to some bosses' movesets so they have completely new moves now. Made them harder.

For instance, Giant Toad's new moves are legit and completely destroyed my old strategy for fighting him. Had to find an entirely new approach.
Try Way of the NiOh now. It’s absolutely retarded and they nerfed the builds that made it manageable.

Yeah, I was surprised to see new enemies in WotW. Was scratching my head as to why they would put new enemies in NG+3, but had to remember I'm late to the party on this game and the DLC's and WotW wasn't part of the original NG cycle at launch. I must say, I'm not a fan of all the extra fox's they put everywhere. They are by far my least favorite enemy. I suck hard at reading their tells since they weren't a very common enemy. They're so damn fast and really good at staying just outside of attack range. I've gotten a lot better with the increase in their numbers, but I can still hate them.

I only just cleared the 3rd mission in the tomb, so haven't noticed any changes in boss move sets. I really want to switch my build out from Kursigama to Katana, so I was already planning on switching up my strategies. I feel like the Kursigama relies to heavily on high attack spam and doesn't have much flexibility. The first 2 bosses were easy enough to hit with a sloth rune and spam damage, but the samurai at the end of the 3rd mission was a real bastard. His attacks are fairly easy to read, but he power armors through everything and the Kursigama high stance/mid attack combo is a fairly long animation and I was getting one shot left and right.

Looking back now, switching to the Krusigama in WotS was just a crutch. I didn't really learn the weapon, I just learned to spam that attack.

Try Way of the NiOh now. It’s absolutely retarded and they nerfed the builds that made it manageable.
I've tried a couple of missions but it's a level one character and I'm not really ready for the grind yet. Some of these new enemies are ridiculous at low level.

Yeah, I was surprised to see new enemies in WotW. Was scratching my head as to why they would put new enemies in NG+3, but had to remember I'm late to the party on this game and the DLC's and WotW wasn't part of the original NG cycle at launch. I must say, I'm not a fan of all the extra fox's they put everywhere. They are by far my least favorite enemy. I suck hard at reading their tells since they weren't a very common enemy. They're so damn fast and really good at staying just outside of attack range. I've gotten a lot better with the increase in their numbers, but I can still hate them.

I only just cleared the 3rd mission in the tomb, so haven't noticed any changes in boss move sets. I really want to switch my build out from Kursigama to Katana, so I was already planning on switching up my strategies. I feel like the Kursigama relies to heavily on high attack spam and doesn't have much flexibility. The first 2 bosses were easy enough to hit with a sloth rune and spam damage, but the samurai at the end of the 3rd mission was a real bastard. His attacks are fairly easy to read, but he power armors through everything and the Kursigama high stance/mid attack combo is a fairly long animation and I was getting one shot left and right.

Looking back now, switching to the Krusigama in WotS was just a crutch. I didn't really learn the weapon, I just learned to spam that attack.
I absolutely hate the foxes. They have no tell whatsoever and you can't react in time.

It's one area where FromSoft kicks Team Ninja's ass. They know how to design difficult but fair enemies and bosses that you can learn to beat through repetition. Nioh has a lot of enemies that don't telegraph their moves and are generally unfair.

Just started Way of the Demon. Been using Odachi the whole time. I kind of want to try a new weapon but can't think of what I would like. I have been considering spear. Is spear viable on Demon/Wise?

Back