NiOh DLC

Just started Way of the Demon. Been using Odachi the whole time. I kind of want to try a new weapon but can't think of what I would like. I have been considering spear. Is spear viable on Demon/Wise?
Demon isn't much harder than Way of the Strong so anything should be viable.

Personally, the only weapon I dislike more than the spear is the kusarigama. You don't really hit anything with either of them. You're poking and throwing at enemies instead. Boring moveset, imo. Katanas, dual swords and tonfas all have great skills and are fun to play with.

Demon isn't much harder than Way of the Strong so anything should be viable.

Personally, the only weapon I dislike more than the spear is the kusarigama. You don't really hit anything with either of them. You're poking and throwing at enemies instead. Boring moveset, imo. Katanas, dual swords and tonfas all have great skills and are fun to play with.

I was looking at tonfas and dual swords. Never specced them just used the basic moves. I'll test them out. Got like 6 or 7 books of reincarnation from quests so definitely can mess around. I'm using warrior of the west and kingo set right now. Should work with either of those right? Or maybe master swordsman for dual?

I was looking at tonfas and dual swords. Never specced them just used the basic moves. I'll test them out. Got like 6 or 7 books of reincarnation from quests so definitely can mess around. I'm using warrior of the west and kingo set right now. Should work with either of those right? Or maybe master swordsman for dual?
Those two sets are pretty good. I'm still using Kingo and just started Way of the Nioh.

Tonfas and dual swords are great but I didn't like them at first. They definitely took a while to get the hang of and appreciate. You can bully anyone including bosses with tonfas, and dual swords can stunlock a lot of enemies with their combos.

Those two sets are pretty good. I'm still using Kingo and just started Way of the Nioh.

Tonfas and dual swords are great but I didn't like them at first. They definitely took a while to get the hang of and appreciate. You can bully anyone including bosses with tonfas, and dual swords can stunlock a lot of enemies with their combos.
Sounds fun. Yeah those options are probably better than spear since odachi was already a long slow weapon. Better to try something way different. Is that skill tonfa gun any good?

Sounds fun. Yeah those options are probably better than spear since odachi was already a long slow weapon. Better to try something way different. Is that skill tonfa gun any good?
Yeah the tonfa gun skill is pretty cool. It's a little tricky to get consistent with but it's fun and useful. Does a decent amount of ki damage also.

Yeah the tonfa gun skill is pretty cool. It's a little tricky to get consistent with but it's fun and useful. Does a decent amount of ki damage also.
Nice. Sucks though my odachi is pretty much stacked. Lvl 200 +16 monohoshizao. Got the cta heart A+, familiarity damage A, close combat life recovery, pierce guard, final blow 24% and an inherent 25% close combat attack ki reduction. Wish I could get a blood cleaver with no inherent but havent been lucky.

Nice. Sucks though my odachi is pretty much stacked. Lvl 200 +16 monohoshizao. Got the cta heart A+, familiarity damage A, close combat life recovery, pierce guard, final blow 24% and an inherent 25% close combat attack ki reduction. Wish I could get a blood cleaver with no inherent but havent been lucky.
Odachi is viable all the way through Way of the Nioh so you don't have to switch unless you're just bored of it. Those are some good stats so they'll be hard to give up.

I remember watching this clip when I was trying to learn how to fight Sanada. It's still crazy to me that he pulled off a crusher with an odachi at level one in ng+4. Strong weapon.

Odachi is viable all the way through Way of the Nioh so you don't have to switch unless you're just bored of it. Those are some good stats so they'll be hard to give up.

I remember watching this clip when I was trying to learn how to fight Sanada. It's still crazy to me that he pulled off a crusher with an odachi at level one in ng+4. Strong weapon.

Damn that was really impressive. Was thinking of switching just to try something different. Tried both and tonfa is pretty awesome with the tonfa gun skill. Probably going to just clear way of the nioh first because the grind for mats is going to be annoying.

Just got to wise any tips?

Damn that was really impressive. Was thinking of switching just to try something different. Tried both and tonfa is pretty awesome with the tonfa gun skill. Probably going to just clear way of the nioh first because the grind for mats is going to be annoying.

Just got to wise any tips?

I'm really struggling with WotW. The ramp up in damage isn't so bad, but the enemy damage mitigation is ridiculous. I switched to a katana build and I'm using an ethereal 233+20 katana and feel like I'm using a twig.

Currently grinding some levels to get a few more skills to stack up on damage output. There is a level on the 3rd map, some bridge battle, gotta fight some OP axe wielding monster. once the battle starts tje arena locks down, but if you snipe a head shot and run back, the arena fog shuts them in with you on the outside. you can hit them through the fog gate but don't attack back. get about 80mil in a few min per run and a bunch of divine gear and a few ethereal so far.

I'm really struggling with WotW. The ramp up in damage isn't so bad, but the enemy damage mitigation is ridiculous. I switched to a katana build and I'm using an ethereal 233+20 katana and feel like I'm using a twig.

Currently grinding some levels to get a few more skills to stack up on damage output. There is a level on the 3rd map, some bridge battle, gotta fight some OP axe wielding monster. once the battle starts tje arena locks down, but if you snipe a head shot and run back, the arena fog shuts them in with you on the outside. you can hit them through the fog gate but don't attack back. get about 80mil in a few min per run and a bunch of divine gear and a few ethereal so far.
Battle of Osaka bridge or some shit

Holy hell that sounds awesome. I just finished the first mission when your in england and the knight outside the cell did 95 percent or so of my life in 1 hit. I was like oh wow this going to be fun in a get reemed by a sandpaper drilldo kind of way.

that's it, it's been quite lucrative. there are much faster methods out there, but require more specific builds. plus the risk/reward is great.
Wonder whats better daiba or ninetails for getting ethereal drops.

Made it to the 4th regeon in WotW and farming the Great Frog Brawl for amarita and ethereal gear. Gotten a ton of gear, but the last piece with Grace of Futsunushi keeps alluding me to put together a Katana build around Iia. Getting really good at dropping the Frog quickly and at 200mil a pop it's been a great source of rounding off a few skills to add some much needed varity in my Ninjitsu/Magic. Gotten really fond of my Kaido set and stacking up damage around High Stance Strong Attacks that I'm almost posotive that when I get my final piece of Futsunushi I may not even like it since Iia has such a long wind up.

Also, I've pretty much given up trying to Paralyze anything in WotW. Everyones tolerance is so high, that it almost never gets applied, even when I tried stacking on a Paralyze augmentation bonus.

Made it to the 4th regeon in WotW and farming the Great Frog Brawl for amarita and ethereal gear. Gotten a ton of gear, but the last piece with Grace of Futsunushi keeps alluding me to put together a Katana build around Iia. Getting really good at dropping the Frog quickly and at 200mil a pop it's been a great source of rounding off a few skills to add some much needed varity in my Ninjitsu/Magic. Gotten really fond of my Kaido set and stacking up damage around High Stance Strong Attacks that I'm almost posotive that when I get my final piece of Futsunushi I may not even like it since Iia has such a long wind up.

Also, I've pretty much given up trying to Paralyze anything in WotW. Everyones tolerance is so high, that it almost never gets applied, even when I tried stacking on a Paralyze augmentation bonus.
Nice. His new moveset tricked me out for a bit. Couldn't get a read when he was going to do that quick burst combo for quite a while. Have you unlocked Marobashi yet? The farm on that is insane. I got lucky and got an ethereal odachi with the weaken armor torso on it from the bridge you mentioned a while back. Helps quite a bit since the bosses have so much defense and life.

I haven't even seen a futsunushi piece drop. Is that only in abyss?

Last edited:
Woot! Just unlocked Way of the Nioh. This gonna be interesting now

I should unlock Way of the Nioh this weekend. I'm cruising now that I'm done farming for now and decided to give up on trying to fight through the levels. Now I'm just loading up on Sprint + Cat Walking + Suppa scrolls and just sprinting from shrine to shrine and then to the boss.

I cleared the poison cave mission up to the boss in like 5 minutes and dropped the damn centipede in a few tries. Same with the spider level, the only time I had to stop was to kill the spiders on the doors to unlock them.

I should unlock Way of the Nioh this weekend. I'm cruising now that I'm done farming for now and decided to give up on trying to fight through the levels. Now I'm just loading up on Sprint + Cat Walking + Suppa scrolls and just sprinting from shrine to shrine and then to the boss.

I cleared the poison cave mission up to the boss in like 5 minutes and dropped the damn centipede in a few tries. Same with the spider level, the only time I had to stop was to kill the spiders on the doors to unlock them.
Yeah I did the same thing. Did just enough missions to unlock marobashi and queens eye. Did some farming and got my gear to 300. Been trying to get a susano monohoshizao but can't. Amaterasu has been nice so far though.

Just got this on the Summer Sale and it is a lot of fun but freaking hard. I suck at these games and have never payed the Soulsborne games but am somewhat familiar with them. Gotta train the mind not to button mash but I am enjoying the challenge.

Just got this on the Summer Sale and it is a lot of fun but freaking hard. I suck at these games and have never payed the Soulsborne games but am somewhat familiar with them. Gotta train the mind not to button mash but I am enjoying the challenge.
you get over it over time, i struggled the most in the beginning but once you get better at the game and get new skills and such it does get easier imo

Back