NiOh DLC

Where do you look to see what set bonuses do?
https://nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Set+Bonuses

You can also see it in-game on your equipment menu.
Nioh_02012017_01116.jpg

I don't think I've ever noticed this. I thought I had the full set to the red demon armor. I thought wrong, I must not have the weapons to it. Do all sets have weapons? I can't click on that link at work unfortunately.

Edit Nvm its blocked and gross. The weapon is a spear.

Insert rage.gif here.

I don't think I've ever noticed this. I thought I had the full set to the red demon armor. I thought wrong, I must not have the weapons to it. Do all sets have weapons? I can't click on that link at work unfortunately.
No, not all weapons or armour have set bonuses. Look for the green text in the picture. It lists the specific name of the set bonus and how many pieces you currently have. If you're missing pieces, some of the bonus effects will be greyed out.
Nioh-Armor-Set-Values-900x506.jpg

No, not all weapons or armour have set bonuses. Look for the green text in the picture. It lists the specific name of the set bonus and how many pieces you currently have. If you're missing pieces, some of the bonus effects will be greyed out.
Nioh-Armor-Set-Values-900x506.jpg

Word, I'm picking up what you're putting down. I was just generally curious if all sets had weapons included. Meh, I love the red demon armor but now I find it to be meh now that the piece I'm missing is the spear.

Word, I'm picking up what you're putting down. I was just generally curious if all sets had weapons included. Meh, I love the red demon armor but now I find it to be meh now that the piece I'm missing is the spear.
I think they all include a weapon but I'm not positive on that. Most do anyway. If you really like the armor but don't like using spears, just leave the spear in your secondary weapon slot and you will still get the full set bonus.

I think they all include a weapon but I'm not positive on that. Most do anyway. If you really like the armor, you can leave the spear in your secondary weapon slot and you will still get the full set bonus.

<mma4>

Didn't think about that. I'm still getting used to the tonfas. When I feel 100% with them I'll put the spear in my secondary slot. Good thinking bro.

<mma4>

Didn't think about that. I'm still getting used to the tonfas. When I feel 100% with them I'll put the spear in my secondary slot. Good thinking bro.
One of my sets I am wearing has an odachi that just sits on my back the whole time. There is an accessory called a yasakani magatama that reduces the amount for bonuses by 1. Super helpful. They drop a lot on ng+. Helps tremendously for min/maxing. Right now I am wearing 3 sets for optimized damage and a decent survivabililty boost.

One of my sets I am wearing has an odachi that just sits on my back the whole time. There is an accessory called a yasakani magatama that reduces the amount for bonuses by 1. Super helpful. They drop a lot on ng+. Helps tremendously for min/maxing. Right now I am wearing 3 sets for optimized damage and a decent survivabililty boost.

So is NG+ way of the strong?

Okay, I was wondering about that.

So, If I go back to the first region and put it on way of the strong do I get level 150+ gear?

To be honest I forgot. It will be better than the final region of ng. But if you are in a later region in ng+ just stick with that.

To be honest I forgot. It will be better than the final region of ng. But if you are in a later region in ng+ just stick with that.

I haven't done any missions in way of the strong. I've got it unlocked but I haven't done as of yet. I've just been proceeding through missions and doing DLC missions.

I haven't done any missions in way of the strong. I've got it unlocked but I haven't done as of yet. I've just been proceeding through missions and doing DLC missions.

One thing I loved about Nioh is you can switch between the NG+ cycles on the fly just like switching regions. It's worth doing the first few missions in Way of the Strong when starter gear drops crush your late level Way of the Samurai gear. Then take the new gear and clean up the DLC and late region meetings.

One thing I loved about Nioh is you can switch between the NG+ cycles on the fly just like switching regions. It's worth doing the first few missions in Way of the Strong when starter gear drops crush your late level Way of the Samurai gear. Then take the new gear and clean up the DLC and late region meetings.

<TheWire1> Will start this tonight.

Man I did the opposite and that last mission with nine tails and the possessed dude at the same time gave me such a hard time. Then just go to ng+ and my gear was immediately obsolete.

Man I did the opposite and that last mission with nine tails and the possessed dude at the same time gave me such a hard time. Then just go to ng+ and my gear was immediately obsolete.

That's what I'm talking about. Hit the early stages of NG+ and upgrade your gear/level. Then go back through WotS and clean house on all the missions you missed.

That's what I'm talking about. Hit the early stages of NG+ and upgrade your gear/level. Then go back through WotS and clean house on all the missions you missed.
Oh yeah definitely. I'm just saying I did that on samurai to strong. By the time I got to demon I did absolute bare minimum to unlock wise and nioh.

Oh yeah definitely. I'm just saying I did that on samurai to strong. By the time I got to demon I did absolute bare minimum to unlock wise and nioh.

Same here. In Demon/Wise I would just do the latest missions I had access to, and try and clear easy missions to unlock further regions. I just loaded up on run scrolls and defense boosters to just run from check point to check point. I got to the last mission in WotW, but put it down when the Dark Souls Remaster came out. I might go back one day and do some Abyss stuff, but the RNG was pissing me off. I don't remember the Grace set I was working on, but it was the one with Iai Bonus that I was going to pair with a Katana that also had an Iai Bonus. I was one piece short and just couldn't get it to drop.

The mission levels give a good idea of what order to do them in. The DLC's are higher than the first area of the next NG cycle, so I always did the same as you.

Back