no gi crucifix game

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
baret has an amazing game on the crucifix but theres no vids up on what hes doing i think its an amazing position tbh id say its better than the back due to you having 2 arms vs there 1 to defend and in mam you can strike from there as well i really wana get into it

does anyone know of any good series that show some good stuff on the mechanics of it no gi i heard amrcelos is a big different than barets

There are 4 vids on YouTube that @Gambledub made IIRC that are a very good overview of Baret's crucifix game. I've been playing with the crucifix a lot lately, it's honestly not all that complex. Doing it well is mostly about sensitivity and learning how to maintain control through the transitions more than anything technically complicated. Which is probably why Marcelo likes it, since 'not technically complex but requiring a lot of grappling skill to play well' pretty much describes his whole game.

i just saw a good one with giles that i really liked

Being mean to get under the chin is what makes the crucifix effective. If you have qualms about grinding on the chin and choking the face, it's tough.

Being mean to get under the chin is what makes the crucifix effective. If you have qualms about grinding on the chin and choking the face, it's tough.
its not as rough as my shoulder pressure from side control its grappling afterall id not harm my training partner but in a fight or comp u bestbet

trying to block a choke using your face as a defense isn't a very good defense....

i've been spearheading an education campaign for the baby judo players called
tSiBBsm.png

and every night find myself wishing it was BJJ and I could just crossface the fuck outta them

giphy.gif

Lol it’s so true ... two things I hate most about judo newaza: players turtling flat on their belly hoping for the ref to save them and, even worse, players desperately trying to block the choke with their jaw in the hope the ref will save them. Total bullshit.

Fortunately I elect to just drive the choke right through the stupid chin block, despite the wussed-out hard feelings it generates amongst most judoka. There’s no ref in sparring anyways.

i'll say it until i'm blue in the face: turtling should be a noncombativity shido.

as far as the legality of pushing the shit out of their chin...everything's legal when the ref can't see it :)

Lol it’s so true ... two things I hate most about judo newaza: players turtling flat on their belly hoping for the ref to save them and, even worse, players desperately trying to block the choke with their jaw in the hope the ref will save them. Total bullshit.

Fortunately I elect to just drive the choke right through the stupid chin block, despite the wussed-out hard feelings it generates amongst most judoka. There’s no ref in sparring anyways.
In Judo are you allowed to do guillotines, d/m/arces, anacondas, and other front headlock chokes? I would think a lot of Judo players wouldn't see those coming if they're going belly down? Since those chokes aren't as common in that sport?

isnt marcelos game alot dif from barets though? which do you think would be more benefical for mma in your opinions
You didn't ask me but they're both good for grappling or MMA I think.

The specific way you do techniques matters a lot less than how much you train them.I think Marcelo and Bret's crucifix games may have some small differences but they have more in common than they don't. Different body types and personalities are going to do the same positions slightly different.

Josh Hinger just posted about this the other day

"Anyone can master any technique, no matter how complex or crazy it seems. It’s just a matter of putting in the time and energy to understanding the ins and outs out that move. It takes thousands of repetitions and attempted efforts to understand every nuance of a technique. I remember when I first learned a triangle and omoplata. I thought they were super weird and exotic. But now I understand them as fundamental jiu-jitsu. If you want to be great at something, just put in the time. Master every entry and every transition. Understand every counter movement and know how to counter every counter movement. Don’t let anyone tell you something won’t work. Dare to be unique. Every technique has a time and a place. If it works for you, then it works and that’s all that matters."

Back