"No Grown Man should weigh 125lbs"

You know Mighty Mouse only weighs 125 lbs for a few minutes in a given year, right

You know flyweights don't actually walk around at 125, right

I must admit that I have thought the idea of weight classes is a strange thing. It is like telling people not to physically improve themselves. Wouldn't a short fighter usually become a better fighter if he can add muscle mass? Currently that is disadvantageous and moves you into a different weight class where you are shorter than everyone else.

If anything, it seems as though having height classes might make more sense. Then the champion in each size category would be a muscular and impressive athlete. Or they might end up as a bunch of Roy Nelsons...but I doubt it, that doesn't seem like it would be helpful.

I’d give him my back, what’s he gonna do? It’s easy stand up and pull their arms off your neck and toss them across the cage.

At a certain point size matters tremendously when there is a gap that size.
Go to a bjj or mma gym and tell a 125'r or even a fucking women fighter you can beat them with no training, sign a waiver and fight them. But you wont do it because you are just s shit talking no-body who has never trained a day in their life.

Why anybody cares what another man weighs is beyond me.

I must admit that I have thought the idea of weight classes is a strange thing. It is like telling people not to physically improve themselves. Wouldn't a short fighter usually become a better fighter if he can add muscle mass? Currently that is disadvantageous and moves you into a different weight class where you are shorter than everyone else.

If anything, it seems as though having height classes might make more sense. Then the champion in each size category would be a muscular and impressive athlete. Or they might end up as a bunch of Roy Nelsons...but I doubt it, that doesn't seem like it would be helpful.
Height classes make no sense. Weight classes exist for a reason, because weight is a bigger factor than height. People of different heights and frames competing at the same weight class make the sport more interesting.

If you had height classes, thinly framed/wiry fighters (some of the most exciting and talented fighters in the game) would be at a huge disadvantage as everyone just balloons up and the guys who are more stocky would be more successful. The skills featured would be diminished, the product would be terrible. Go watch sumo wrestling.

- Charles Atlas

A case for why the 125 division makes no sense.

1. Healthy. muscular grown men cannot naturally weigh 125lbs unless they are under 5 feet.

2. Fighters making that weight are draining their body and affecting their health.

3. Nobody wants to watch little guys with no power bounce around.

4. The general population who are that size don't take up athletics. At best they become jockeys.
DJ would beat the hell out of you.

There is NOTHING MM has shown me to believe I couldn't hold my own against him in a fight. I'm 6ft, 190lbs.
DJ would beat the hell out of you. He’d embarrass you in front of your girl...if you have one.

lol whatever gets you through the day. But you're in full blown denial if you think MM could beat any NFL or NBA player in a fight, including the kicker.

size matters after a while.

Yet Roger Huerta, who's fairly mediocre by UFC standards, beat the hell out of a former NFL linebacker when he saw that guy hit a woman. A complete and brutal one-sided beating. It's funny when people that have no experience or relevant knowledge about fighting try to make statements that have already been proven wrong.

Size matters, but so do many other factors and size is definitely not the most important.

- Charles Atlas

1. Healthy. muscular grown men cannot naturally weigh 125lbs unless they are under 5 feet.

2. Fighters making that weight are draining their body and affecting their health.

4. The general population who are that size don't take up athletics. At best they become jockeys.

Who are you to make such statements? stfu and look this up
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jury_Chechi

- Charles Atlas

MM is probably around 155 normal walk-around, which is what the US average weight would be if it werent full of fat fucks like you

Yet Roger Huerta, who's fairly mediocre by UFC standards, beat the hell out of a former NFL linebacker when he saw that guy hit a woman. A complete and brutal one-sided beating. It's funny when people that have no experience or relevant knowledge about fighting try to make statements that have already been proven wrong.

Size matters, but so do many other factors and size is definitely not the most important.

it was a college guy and he was drunk and didnt huerta sucker punch him?

A 125'er is supposed to be greatest fighter of all time? get the fuck outta here with that shit.

The whole point of P4P is you remove weight and size from the equation and assess them purely on their fighting skills.

Pretty incredible that there's still anyone on the planet that can't wrap their mind around a concept in use in fighting sports for decades and decades. Derp.

normal sized 13 year old boys weigh 125 Ibs, total fact on averages.

but Mouse needed that division to be invented because couldnt win at BW, was a punching bag for journeymen like Brad Picket LMAO.

It's actually 100lbs and you have to factor that 20% of kids are obese and tilt the scale further up

Average weight for 20 year old male is 155. Again, remove fat fucks like you and it would probably be closer to 140-145, MM is probably 150-155 when he is not training

it was a college guy and he was drunk and didnt huerta sucker punch him?

No, they squared up and even had time to take off their shirts.

The college football player was the one who sucker punched this girl first, after which Huerta got involved.

Size matters more when you have two very well-rounded, experienced, and skilled fighters competing against one another. Even in the early days of MMA, we see that a much smaller fighter can beat the larger one. This is a major aspect of the history of this sport. The Gracies beating much bigger opponents are maybe the most prominent but not even the most extreme of examples. People seem to forget that. Either that, or maybe they just started watching MMA recently and have never competed in any martial art or combat sport.

No, they squared up and even had time to take off their shirts.

The college football player was the one who sucker punched this girl first, after which Huerta got involved.

watch again, they square up, then someone else comes in from the right at 0:44 and the football player turns towards him and swings then roger rushes while he's not looking / off balance, can't really see shit after that

Because you purists are destroying MMA. The UFC is pandering to you few elitist instead of doing what's best for the company. Eat dick.
If UFC was concerned with pandering to their casuals it would be 185 and up. Tournaments that never pan out, with super-fights and freak-show bouts alternating the main-events. No thanks

Size matters more when you have two very well-rounded, experienced, and skilled fighters competing against one another. Even in the early days of MMA, we see that a much smaller fighter can beat the larger one. This is a major aspect of the history of this sport. The Gracies beating much bigger opponents are maybe the most prominent but not even the most extreme of examples. People seem to forget that. Either that, or maybe they just started watching MMA recently and have never competed in any martial art or combat sport.

pretty much this, size matters when experience is the same. i.e. two noobs street fighting, size matters (to some extent, really just luck in that case) and same with two pros. A guy like MM would destroy any random sherdogger up to probably any weight. Back in high school when I was 112lb i would still toss around the football players using slide bys, trips, etc. Mighty Mouse would have zero issues getting the back of someone or even heel hook, flying armbar, really whatever he wanted

Back