No hate and no drama thread, just good fights

I’m not really understanding the hatred towards GSP.....I think it’s wonderful he is acknowledging that he will be holding up the division and that’s not fair, he’s vacating and that’s the right thing to do. Others should take note.

One of my all time faves is when Etta made gsp tap to strikes.

1. UFC 94... To the death, Georges.

2. UFC 217...GOATing it up, in the MW division.

3. Ronda vs Holly.

2n67jpv.jpg

Honorable mention to Scott Smith vs Pete Sell.

WBCzZoj.jpg

I might be looking at the past with rose colored glasses but Clay Guida Vs Roger Huerta was amazing at the time. Best fight candidate of 2007 imo/

2ep7q83.jpg

Bob Sapp was GREAT for the sport. MMA needed a monstrous athlete like him to test whether the sport was different from the "self-defense" bs of the era like McDojo Karate. UFC 1 proved this for many, but Sapp getting his ass kicked by Cro Cop and Fujita is what clinched it.

First you had this 6'5 350lbs guy with abs beating the world kickboxing HW champ TWICE

BUEzhy4.gif

He was unstoppable. Even Fedor didn't want to fight him.

But then you had Big Nog, a BJJ fighter who wasn't even supposed to walk after getting run over as a child, challenge him and win after getting pile-drived on his head.

DqUrUVw.gif

And then you had Cro Cop, who essentially one-shotted a man almost 150lbs of muscle bigger.

luhjDI.gif

And then you had Fujita, a man who'd failed to make the Japanese Olympic wrestling team, takedown Sapp and control him like he was a LW. People forget that this was the fight that completely broke Sapp.

Football%20Sapp.jpg

Sapp showed the world that size matters, but that size can be overcome. And for that, I thank you Bob Sapp.

List of some of my favorite fights in MMA:

Henderson vs Shogun 1
Edgar vs Maynard 2
Cro Cop vs Fedor
Diaz vs Daley
Lawler vs Rory 2
Kongo vs Barry
Hunt vs Bigfoot 1

Hey Sherbros

How about we leave the hate and drama behind for this one. No ducking accusations, no Twitter drama, no P4P arguments, no trying to downplay fighters’ accomplishments.

Just share your favourite fights, which is what this sport should be about.

For me, the Frankie Edgar vs Gray Maynard trilogy is still tops in my book. For those who haven’t seen this yet, all 3 fights are well worth watching.

Now share yours and fill this thread with love for a change.

Edit: don’t take the bait if people troll. Do your thing and keep this one positive.
world burn.gif

KZ v Poirier was a great fight, it had everything. Shogun v Hendo 1 was one of my favourites too and I always felt Shogun should've got the nod

I thought Ferg vs Barboza was incredible.
That illegal kick was too bad and may have influenced the outcome, but it wasn’t intentional.

Was a great fight by both of them and I felt sorry that one of them had to lose.

Pure Heart and War:
Edgar vs Maynard 2 & 3
Lawler vs MacDonald 1 & 2

Domination:
Jones vs Shogun
Cain vs JDS 2 & 3

Comebacks:
Mir vs Nog 2
Barry vs Kongo
Silva vs Sonnen 1
Carwin vs Lesnar

Legendary Moments:
Silva vs Griffin
Silva vs Belfort

Upsets:
Velasquez vs Lesnar
Silva vs Weidman
Holm vs Rousey

So many great ones already mentioned here. I remember watching Gomi fight in Japan and he never disappointed. His fight with Azeredo was INTENSE. The Sakurai fight was excellent, as was his fight with Kawajiri.

Hey Sherbros

How about we leave the hate and drama behind for this one. No ducking accusations, no Twitter drama, no P4P arguments, no trying to downplay fighters’ accomplishments.

Just share your favourite fights, which is what this sport should be about.

For me, the Frankie Edgar vs Gray Maynard trilogy is still tops in my book. For those who haven’t seen this yet, all 3 fights are well worth watching.

Now share yours and fill this thread with love for a change.

Edit: don’t take the bait if people troll. Do your thing and keep this one positive.
Ottowaguy making Sherdog great again!

Back