No Man's Sky Finally Leaves Beta And Adds Multiplayer + Xbone Release

I ment the tipping thing, I'm scared to look.
Yeah, those threads are absurd. I don't frequent the berry as much anymore but they used to go on til they were locked a lot of the time lol.

I liked the game . I didn’t obsess over it before it came out so all the lies didn’t really bother me. I’m glad they have made these updates and might pick it up again if true

So you cant do what Im asking, right?

I think that the possibility of running into another player and interacting is very rare, which is exactly what the devs stated. This is due both to the size of the world and how the engine handles instancing. Things you are completely ignorant of.

Theyre adding the ability to multiplay on demand, thereby removing the instancing restrictions that were a prominent reason why they repeatedly told people like yourself, despite your inability to understand, that meeting up with another player would be incredibly rare if it even happened. They even at one point said its possible it will never happen.

Why is this a feature? Like, seriously. Who is it thats hearing the dev say "its really rare" and "it might not happen" and they think "Thats EXACTLY why Im buying this game"?

Lets say for the sake of argument, that it cant happen. That the thing the devs said was really rare and might not happen is actually an impossibility. Who is missing out exactly? They told them point blank that thats not what the game was about. Were they too stupid to understand or something?

I don't know why you're defending this so hard.

I don't know why you're defending this so hard.
It isnt even about the game. Its about a simplistic line of logic some people are incapable of following.

So you cant do what Im asking, right?

I think that the possibility of running into another player and interacting is very rare, which is exactly what the devs stated. This is due both to the size of the world and how the engine handles instancing. Things you are completely ignorant of.

Theyre adding the ability to multiplay on demand, thereby removing the instancing restrictions that were a prominent reason why they repeatedly told people like yourself, despite your inability to understand, that meeting up with another player would be incredibly rare if it even happened. They even at one point said its possible it will never happen.

Why is this a feature? Like, seriously. Who is it thats hearing the dev say "its really rare" and "it might not happen" and they think "Thats EXACTLY why Im buying this game"?

Lets say for the sake of argument, that it cant happen. That the thing the devs said was really rare and might not happen is actually an impossibility. Who is missing out exactly? They told them point blank that thats not what the game was about. Were they too stupid to understand or something?

You seem to have zero idea what actually goes into making a video game. You're suggesting they designed and programmed an advanced feature like seeing and interacting with other players into the game, with the intention that very few people would ever see that feature. From a development standpoint that would have been a gigantic waste of time. Player interaction is a huge investment. From an indie developer that was on a rushed schedule with no time to waste.

The game has been out two years, and no one has discovered such a feature, even with all the updates the team has released that allow players to travel around much faster and find each other's planets. They've since added a feature that lets you see a glowing orb when another player is nearby. A white ball. This proves there were no character models built into the game. Unless you're suggesting they put all that in and then forgot it was there. It's hilarious you're this delusional.

This game was a total dud, why bother lol

I remember being hyped as fuck for this game, then getting it and being disappointed I was lied to. World wasn't dynamic looking like it looked in trailers, no potential of meeting other people, basically nothing to do but mine and get shit to buy a new ship.

Got bored within 15-20 hours, me and 2 other friends bought it and we all kinda felt ripped off. Should've been a 20-30 dollar game imo, only game I ever pre ordered too ironically enough. Lol so much disappointment.

Multiplayer and third person view incoming.

It isnt even about the game. Its about a simplistic line of logic some people are incapable of following.

I think you are the one unable to follow the logic. You keep saying it is very rare to encounter other players right now. It isn't very rare it's impossible.

I loved the vanilla version and got the platinum. Was a great game to just chill out to. Never bumped into another player but discovered claimed planets which was cool. Haven't played in almost two years so I'm a bit excited to see how the new update pans out.

I think you are the one unable to follow the logic. You keep saying it is very rare to encounter other players right now. It isn't very rare it's impossible.

Ive said repeatedly the devs said it would be so rare it might never happen. Its never happened. Not only are people surprised, they think somehow theyve missed out on an important feature.

Ive said repeatedly the devs said it would be so rare it might never happen. Its never happened. Not only are people surprised, they think somehow theyve missed out on an important feature.

Why is there video of people standing in the same spot at the same time and they can see each other

Why is there video of people standing in the same spot at the same time and they can see each other
Did you mean can't see each other?

This topic has already been discussed and answered. The way the engine handled instancing meant even being in the same spot didn't mean two players would see each other. Hence why it was said it was so rare it might not ever happen.

Then it didn't happen and people still cry about it.

Did you mean can't see each other?

This topic has already been discussed and answered. The way the engine handled instancing meant even being in the same spot didn't mean two players would see each other. Hence why it was said it was so rare it might not ever happen.

Then it didn't happen and people still cry about it.

So people playing on the same planet but can interact or see each other was just a instancing thing to make it seem more rare lol. You are god dam naive and gullible

You have zero understanding of how game design works. For a feature to be rare would mean it would have to be programmed into the game. A rare loot drop for instance. Someone would have to program that loot drop into the game.

The likelyhood of seeing another player in No Man's Sky was the same likelyhood as seeing another player in Skyrim. Zilch. That's not rare, it's nonexistent.

So people playing on the same planet but can interact or see each other was just a instancing thing to make it seem more rare lol. You are god dam naive and gullible
Huh? Seem more rare? What? It was never intended in the first place. People just asked if it was possible and he took them too literally and said it was, even though it was so unlikely. People thought he was talking about the game world being so big, rather than technical limitations preventing it.

It's still one of the dumbest things to complain about.

You have zero understanding of how game design works. For a feature to be rare would mean it would have to be programmed into the game. A rare loot drop for instance. Someone would have to program that loot drop into the game.

The likelyhood of seeing another player in No Man's Sky was the same likelyhood as seeing another player in Skyrim. Zilch. That's not rare, it's nonexistent.

Sure thing, Carmack. Ive never seen grown ass men crying about something so trivial for so long.

Huh? Seem more rare? What? It was never intended in the first place. People just asked if it was possible and he took them too literally and said it was, even though it was so unlikely. People thought he was talking about the game world being so big, rather than technical limitations preventing it.

So I'm confused was it actually possible to meet other people if you were in the same instance or not?

Also Bob I looked up his quote and this is what he says: “Yes, but the chances of that are incredibly rare just because the size of what we’re building.” He's clearly stating it's because of the size of the world.
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/08/10/just-one-mans-sky-really/

He said before the game came out that you could play with you're friends etc etc. After the game came out he started this BS about it being super rare because the universe was so big not because of technical limitations.

Why would they say you could meet people then put in some weird instancing wall to make it seem rare that doesn't make any sense.

Back